Bono in New York, Last night.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Galeongirl said:

ooooh so it was a secret? :p

I ran off and made an icon out of it the moment I saw it too... but I found I couldn't part with my darlin' Edgy avatar yet.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
the B man was still in NYC as of last night... chillin' with brian williams of NBC.

apparently he's been here ever since the book signing, but will be flying back to ireland for a few days before heading to chicager for oprah

Oh cool. Any pics of this?

Headache in a Suitcase said:
the B man was still in NYC as of last night... chillin' with brian williams of NBC.

apparently he's been here ever since the book signing, but will be flying back to ireland for a few days before heading to chicager for oprah
I knew hes been here since the booksigning and such but,

Headache my love, how do we know of such an encounter with Brian Williams? Do tell please.

:wink:

Love to see BW and B if you can get permission to post. BW is the coolest even though he comes off a little old fogey sometimes.

Brian Williams was on Conan last week, I believe Monday or Tuesday night and he was awesome. He talked about being in Africa w/Bono in the spring and he said he's extremely down-to-earth and passionate about everything he does there. BW is a big U2 fan, and he showed Bono the "Vertigo" video on his Ipod on the plane, which Bono had never seen on an Ipod before. He said he has the entire U2 catalogue on his Ipod. He also mentioned he'd be seeing him in a few days. The clincher for me was when Brian Williams described Bono as quote "man crush material" :lmao: :lmao: God Bless!!

Currently Listening: Album/Artist- The Unforgettable Fire/U2
Song: "A Sort of Homecoming" (I LOVE this song!!!)

"What no man can own...No man can take.": Yahweh-U2

JCOSTER said:

I knew hes been here since the booksigning and such but,

Headache my love, how do we know of such an encounter with Brian Williams? Do tell please.

:wink:

There was a thread at U2.com (Subscriber section) of someone who met Bono yesterday (or day before) and it had to do with either the building that BW lives or works in (I can't remember the details). But it was a great story/fan meeting if you are a member and can log in to read it. :up: And there's pics posted there too!

Last edited:
The guy worked at the building that Brian Williams and Bono were at. He rode up in the elevator with Bono and Bono told him to meet him downstairs in an hour and he'd sign his book. Tattoo Dan was also outside the building and they all got their pic taken with Bono and Brian Williams. The guy's story and pics are awesome! Lucky guy!

kellyahern said:
Tattoo Dan, Bono and Brian Williams . . . now there's a pic I'd like to see :lol: :up:.

The pic is up at Zootopia. The thread is called "In the elevator with Bono" or something like that. It's a great story!

That's so great! Wow, can you imagine riding in an elevator with Bono? It sounds like a total hypothetical situation, you know something you dream up when you're bored and thinking if you only had 10 seconds with your hero what the heck do you say that he hasn't heard 10 billion times? ;) I would have just turned into a puddle of mush, that guy really did well to have the nerve to tap him on the shoulder! I think I would have froze! Wow, great story!:drool:

Jeannieco said:
That's so great! Wow, can you imagine riding in an elevator with Bono? It sounds like a total hypothetical situation, you know something you dream up when you're bored and thinking if you only had 10 seconds with your hero what the heck do you say that he hasn't heard 10 billion times? ;) I would have just turned into a puddle of mush, that guy really did well to have the nerve to tap him on the shoulder! I think I would have froze! Wow, great story!:drool:
Just imagine being alone in an elevator with Bono... and then it gets stuck between floors :tongue: Just a bit of a fanfic idea I've had floating around in my head :wink:

U2isthebest said:
Brian Williams was on Conan last week, I believe Monday or Tuesday night and he was awesome. He talked about being in Africa w/Bono in the spring and he said he's extremely down-to-earth and passionate about everything he does there. BW is a big U2 fan, and he showed Bono the "Vertigo" video on his Ipod on the plane, which Bono had never seen on an Ipod before. He said he has the entire U2 catalogue on his Ipod. He also mentioned he'd be seeing him in a few days. The clincher for me was when Brian Williams described Bono as quote "man crush material" :lmao: :lmao: God Bless!!

Currently Listening: Album/Artist- The Unforgettable Fire/U2
Song: "A Sort of Homecoming" (I LOVE this song!!!)

"What no man can own...No man can take.": Yahweh-U2

That show with Brian Williams was just shown here in Finland and I too loved the part about Bono being "man cruch material"! :lol:

Loving all the photos of Bono especially the following....

LopezBono.jpg

:bono: So what do you think of me shirt?

Penelope: (thinking)*ooohh MOOB!...:eyebrow: I've only ever heard about it now but to able to touch the REAL THING.... :ohmy:* What?!? Oh the shirt, yes it's lovely Bono!!!

I saw that show too and had forgotten all about the "man-crush material" :lol: That was great!
(any male Plebans wanna join Brian and fess up?)

ultravioletluvv said:
The guy worked at the building that Brian Williams and Bono were at. He rode up in the elevator with Bono and Bono told him to meet him downstairs in an hour and he'd sign his book. Tattoo Dan was also outside the building and they all got their pic taken with Bono and Brian Williams. The guy's story and pics are awesome! Lucky guy!

:hmm: well if it's posted on zootopia, i suppose i can post it here

Wait are you being funny or do you really not get it? :hmm:

Well just in case... If a non-gay man were to have a crush on another man... Bono would be the type of man he'd have a crush on. It's because of just how cool, awesome, admirable, etc... they are. Same goes for girl-crushes. Hope that made sense Gg!

bonocomet said:
Wait are you being funny or do you really not get it? :hmm:

Well just in case... If a non-gay man were to have a crush on another man... Bono would be the type of man he'd have a crush on. It's because of just how cool, awesome, admirable, etc... they are. Same goes for girl-crushes. Hope that made sense Gg!

:lol: am I that funny that you think I'm being funny when I'm not??

I get it now, thanks :)

:shifty:

can I have a girl-crush on drag Bono from the first One video?

Back
Top Bottom