Bono in my yearbook and newspaper!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The school yearbooks came in today and I was so surprised to see Bono in it!! It was a pic of him jumping into the crowd during an Elevation show! It was a page showing most famous and best selling artists of the last year! It's true and I'm happy I was just shocked since nobody really likes U2 but me and I had nothing to do with it LOL! But somebody was smart and did the right thing!
biggrin.gif

There was a big full page story of Bono in Africa and it had two color pics!! Everybody you should check your papers cause there might be some good Bono stuff in there you could save!

that sounds cool! is there a way you could scan the pic for us to see?
2400 posts and still a refugee!?! oh well...*keeps posting*

------------------
Is it getting hot in here or is it just ADAM??
*+*MaRiA*+*

[This message has been edited by sparkys girl (edited 05-24-2002).]

I'll try to get it scanned! You've all probably seen it before somewhere but it's cool!

Good luck with your posts Sparky's Girl! I sure have a long way to go with my posts. Will we get to pick our own status with the new forum?

Originally posted by Blueberry Muffin:
Good luck with your posts Sparky's Girl!

I sure have a long way to go with my posts. Will we get to pick our own status with the new forum?

a) thank you blueberry!
smile.gif

b) i dunno, maybe we could ask sicy...i won't freak if i never become a new yorker! i just wanted to make it to that status sooo bad! *oh well* keeps posting

------------------
*+*MaRiA*+*

Keep on postin sparky's girl!
smile.gif
smile.gif

The pics that were in my newspaper were both on those threads here, it was the one of Bono laughing with the old man in the street and the one of Bono smiling and touching hands with the little boy.

Originally posted by Sicy:
Wow.. yearbooks.

I feel old.

don't feel that way sicy! we are both the same age...i feel i am in the prime!

------------------
*+*MaRiA*+*

You're sweet Maria. It was just funny hearing the word yearbook.

My yearbook is 12 years old.
icon1.gif

lol.

btw thats really cool that Bono's pic is in there.

Yeah, Bono's in my yearbook too. It's an insert about the year in review, most schools get them.

I've taken the opprotunity of putting hearts all over the picture everytime I sign a year book.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Sunday all the lights of London / Shining, sky is fading red to blue / I'm kicking through the Autumn leaves / And wondering where it is you might be going to

Love,
Emily

<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html" TARGET=_blank>
Emily's Wallpapers
</A>

So if it's in Ashley's and Emily's books then it's something they send around and no one from the school chose it? Well still it's cool, they are history and everyone with a book will carry it with them and have it to remember what a great year it was for U2! (and hopefully themselves too!)

Originally posted by Ana:
Yesterday, I heard on the news about Bono and his visit to Africa. What pissed me off, is that they showed a video of him of the pop era!!
mad.gif
Y'know, all scruffy, looking like Fidel Castro LOL
biggrin.gif
That is so wrong!!

Oh I know what you mean, I saw another one that showed footage like that, even talking about Live Aid! I really dislike the 'scruffy Fidel Castro' look LOL. Some other pics from that era I think he looked like Lenin the Russian Communist dictator LOL. He looks so much better on this trip, combining cool and class perfectly. He even got O'Neill to take off his tie sometime LOL! They should show him NOW, the distinguished, intelligent man he has become, and if they show historical footage it should show him in the 80's in Africa and at Live Aid to show how long he's been interested in humantarian aid!

Originally posted by Sicy:
You're sweet Maria. It was just funny hearing the word yearbook.

My yearbook is 12 years old.
icon1.gif

lol.

btw thats really cool that Bono's pic is in there.

i refuse to look at my yearbook now....and it is not even 10 years old yet! well it will be next year. anyway, HOORAY FOR BONO!

(and maria....2500 is the mark you are shooting for....keep striving!)

------------------
***ALOTWU***

The Palace of My Shame

bono's in my yearbook twice...

there's a pic of him and some little quip about love rocks

there's a pic of the band under the heading "new voices"...wtf?!?
confused.gif

Sicy and Sparky's Girl, you girls think YOU'RE old?! I'm so old, U2 couldn't have been in my yearbook, that is unles I went to Mount Temple- when I was in high school, they were too!
eek.gif
wink.gif

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

Back
Top Bottom