Bono in Lastovo Island, Croacia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:wave: Hi JCoster!! You still up?!?

I'm feeling yuck - getting the flu....not nice......I'm sitting here sneezing, sniffing and shivering with a temperature....need my U2 'medicine'....

Lila64 said:
BonoStTropez1.jpg

BonoStTropez2.jpg

BonoStTropez3.jpg

These are the St. Tropez photos that I think Flavia was trying to post (at least one of them)

I was looking for larger versions of these and could not find them..:mad:

I cant believe how bad Bono let himself go. He looks like Robin Williams or Butterbean!! Let's just call him Bonobean! He has to lose at lease 30 lbs to get himself in shape for the 4th leg of the tour. He only has 2 months to do it!!!
And for all you girls that were say....whoah..Bono is getting really big, he must be working out!....its called eating & drinking constantly! The ideal Bono-diet.
Nowonder why Africa is starving. Hes eating all of their damn food!

jag0918 said:
I cant believe how bad Bono let himself go. He looks like Robin Williams or Butterbean!! Let's just call him Bonobean! He has to lose at lease 30 lbs to get himself in shape for the 4th leg of the tour. He only has 2 months to do it!!!
And for all you girls that were say....whoah..Bono is getting really big, he must be working out!....its called eating & drinking constantly! The ideal Bono-diet.

I think it's more the drinking than the eating that gives him that extra lovehandles :wink:

Galeongirl said:

I think it's more the drinking than the eating that gives him that extra lovehandles :wink:

I have the same problem :drunk:

If only I could give up the drink I too could loose 30 lbs. I definately need to loose 14 lbs before my next trip to Italy otherwise the plane may not take off!

I think its a common problem of all of us in the over 40 age group - I totally understand Bono`s problem!:hug:

jag0918 said:

The good news is all the tribute band Bonos can eat and drink whatever the heck they want for now :shifty:.

jag0918 said:
Yes, what a great argument! That's the dumbest thing I have heard in a long time. I guess there are perfect people out there who have never "let themselves go" in certain periods of time. But sadly it's become common practise that someone like Bono is an easy target for every one who's frustrated with his/her own life. As if he would cause any harm to anybody by the way he looks. It's his life after all.

jag0918 said:

Actually, there is more than enough food available for no one in Africa to starve. The problem with charity in Africa is not a lack of it; rather, the proper distribution. Every year, thousands of pounds of food goes to rot because there aren't adequate resources and infrastructure to distribute food donations. The notion that Africans starve because food is not available through charity is entirely false.

BonoFox1 said:
^^^^:lol:..........:|

Dont know if I should laugh or get mad....doesnt matter in the end I know Bono will loose the weight ,,,,he always does..I still LOVE / ADORE him w/30 pounds or less 30 pounds..my love is unconditional:tongue:

:applaud:

When I was in Target this morning...I picked up the US weekly just to see the picture. All it said was Bono and wife Ali spend a beautiful day in Croatia....,:blahblah: and the only thing missing is the U2 rockers trademark hair!!!!

They nothing about his weight.

A rag mag was kinda to him then some of his fans here. :huh:

The tour starts in just over 2 months. Seriously though, he does look bad. We all love him regardless, but thats just too much belly. He looks slightly unhealthy. Those pics dont do him any good at all. Being a rock star you have to have it all, and guts like that, well just not good. he better hit the gym today. But im sure by November rock star bono will be ready to go.

Niamh_Saoirse - where did you find the pics? My friend is a journalist and I can probably get a hold of the High Res photos.

JCOSTER said:
Aerobically, He must be fine, he's and avid jogger and swimmer.

:huh: Where did you get this impression?

He's a self-admitted partier, and a self-admitted health nut NOT! He works out only last minute before each tour, whipping himself into shape... though the tour itself then proves to be a year-long exercise regime times ten! :ohmy:

JCOSTER said:
When I was in Target this morning...I picked up the US weekly just to see the picture. All it said was Bono and wife Ali spend a beautiful day in Croatia....,:blahblah: and the only thing missing is the U2 rockers trademark hair!!!!

They nothing about his weight.

A rag mag was kinda to him then some of his fans here. :huh:

That's probably because the editors of said rag mag are themselves in their 40's and know very well how easily those pounds build up when you stop being active for a short period of time and indulge yourself a little! :wink:

I bet you if we took a pole, we'd find that it's mostly the people under the age of 40 that think Bono's overweight at the moment, which I state again that he most definitely isn't! :tsk:

And you're probably right that aerobically he's just fine. I state again YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE ULTRA THIN TO BE FIT!! :yell: Don't any of you people, who've been criticising Bono's weight, ever watch field athletics and see the size of the javelers, shot putters, hammer throwers etc.?!? And these men are at the very top of their chosen sport!! :huh:

I mean, there are some lucky people in this world who are able to maintain their ideal weight with very little effort, my own father being one such person, (and we hates him for it! :yell: Oh no we don't, we loves him!! :love: :angry: ) but not all of us are so lucky.

Sicy said:
There is a way to express your opinion without poking fun, being sarcastic, and just being plain rude. So if you cant express your opinion in a respectable manner, then my suggestion would be to just keep your opinions to yourself. The bickering really needs to stop.
Perfect! I wish everybody would be more like that! :up:

Great pics. Bono looks happy. :up:

GaleonGirl!! i've been gone for a few days but wanted to thankyou for the larger pic of them sitting in the boat. it looks like they are having a nice moment together. and they so deserve it.

Now separately:
As far as Bono's "increased girth", just makes me love him even more. Being in my 40's myself i can understand perfectly that with getting older it sometimes is just plain hard to get and stay thin and fit etc.. All those things that society pays way too much attention to anyways. It is part of becoming a little older, having busier lives (and does he ever with all his commitments with One, Data, the tour etc......) Not to mention that it probably isn't the most pressing issue on his mind when you consider all he's involved with.
He's most definitely not alone in the battle of getting chubbier with age ( I personally think that maybe his waist is expanding a little, but he still looks pretty darn good for his age ) and might very well identify with others who feel a little pudgy too, who are dealing with the fact that we all get old, our waist gets bigger, our hair thins out, our skin wrinkles, etc.. etc.. reality is that it happens to all of us eventually. Doesn't matter if you are part of a famous band or not, eventually it all goes. So enjoy it while you have it :wink: !! We're only human. After all "The goal is soul" (as it says on his guitar) and that has very little to do with the physical.

loveya Bono, no matter what your waist, especially since it's spreading like mine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom