Bono in Germany June 6 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
butter7 said:
do u think Bono lost weight recently?

He looks so good, if only the hair was longer...wow~
That's what I was beginning to think. When I saw these pictures, I kept thinking; "has he lost some weight?"
Either way, he looks fab and keeps getting better! :drool: And I really like his hair as is, even if I do miss the long hair.

Thanks for the pics everyone!

Merc said:
...and, thanks a million for all the amazing photos!! You girls (and guys!) rock!! :D:up:

They're all every :drool:-worthy, but this one...

:ohmy:

:combust: Helloooo Dallas... :flirt:

(What was he doing there btw, if Edge wasn't performing?! :huh: )

Looks like he was there for Bob.

2007-06-07RostockDeineStimmeGege-18.jpg

Serena Vox said:
That's what I was beginning to think. When I saw these pictures, I kept thinking; "has he lost some weight?"
Either way, he looks fab and keeps getting better! :drool: And I really like his hair as is, even if I do miss the long hair.

Thanks for the pics everyone!

I'm not so sure he has lost any weight (not that I care, he looks fine to me :drool: ) But I have more of Matt's pics that you can see more of his belly :cute: . I'm at work, I'll try and post more soon.

Rock star activist Bono gives a press co...
Kuehlungsborn, GERMANY:
Rock star activist Bono gives a press conference on the sidelines of the G8 summit 08 June 2007 in Kuehlungsborn, northeastern Germany. Bono accused the leaders of the world's wealthy nations of using "bureaubabble" to hide their failure to help Africa in their latest package.

74439314.jpg

get_preview-1-2.jpg

get_preview-4.jpg

Galeongirl said:
:scratch: why do they call Bob Sir Bob, but Bono not Sir Bono? they're both not supposed to be called sir, but why call one of them sir and the other not?

:rockon: Bono for Prez!

I think that Bob is called Sir Bob more as an affectionate nickname and well Bono doesn't need another nickname after all :wink: Anyway Sir Bono doesn't have quite the right ring about it - it sounds more like the name of a racing horse.

There's also a new vid of a pissed off Bono talking after the G8 summit on the Channel 4 website
http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/world/europe/bono+criticises+g8+deal+for+africa/552087

From Reuters today..

HEILIGENDAMM, Germany (Reuters) - You can stop staring hopefully at that phone, Bono. Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper will not be calling.

The Irish rock star turned poverty activist met U.S. President George W. Bush and German Chancellor Angela Merkel on the sidelines of a Group of Eight summit but was told Harper was too busy to talk to him.

Harper, a somewhat wooden figure regularly mocked for his lack of flair, told reporters Thursday that meeting Bono was not a priority.

"I've got to say that meeting celebrities isn't kind of my shtick, that was the shtick of the previous guy," said Harper in a dig at his Liberal predecessor Paul Martin, who met Bono regularly.

"I hope we do it at some point but my principle focus in public policies is not kind of to meet celebrities," added the prime minister, a Conservative.

Activists say Canada is trying to block a deal to ensure that western nations live up to promises to boost aid to Africa.

For the record, though, Harper said he liked the music of Bono's band U2.

He's definately not a Pleban:madspit:

youvedonewhat said:

..If I ask really nicely, do you think someone could de-watermark these? :flirt: :flirt: :flirt:
the 2nd one I can do tomorrow, it looks fairly easy...
the 1st one I'm not too sure, the scruff will be hard, but I'll try... perhaps I only have to darken the watermarked parts :hmm:

Serena Vox said:

I think nothing changed over the last few months. There are some poses that make him look better and others are not. I'm not going to post the photos with the 2nd option ;-)

BTW, any Dallas fans around? I have a few more of him if someone is interested.

Matt

Bonoismymuse is a huge Dallas fan, so if you post them she'll see them :yes:

:shifty: and I'm sure the others won't mind a few Dallas pics around here!

mysterious_jen said:
thanks for the pics i missed the live stream .. was it good? stupid question .

It was more than good: Bono playing with some mates, having decided to "play some old folk songs", as Sir Bob (the acoustic guitar hero) announced:
1. "Redemption Song":
Beautifully delivered from Youssou & Bono, even trying to sing it as a duett, too. Pure inspiration and sensibility.

2. "You Never Give Me Your Money"/
3. "Carry That Weight":
Great setlist choice, the "Abbey Road"-Medley was performed now from the fab four (also Campino from the German punk/fun combo "Die Toten Hosen" came along, too) – with lyrics, more than appropriate, too.

4. "Get Up Stand Up": Bob played on, while also Bono & Youssou decided to stay on stage. A great groove, the last cry for "...don't give up the fight" from this relaxed, but very inspired all-star-combo.

5. During Herbert Grönemeyer's set, Bono came again – and for pure fun, he tried to change verses of Herbert's song in German. This nice, long jam full of joy and laughter got even Bono the activist again, when he shouted at the G8 leaders, especially Mrs. Merkel: "Keep the promise!"
Just look at youtube and you can watch Bono's exceptional performance, too ...

Macphisto2000 said:

I think nothing changed over the last few months. There are some poses that make him look better and others are not. I'm not going to post the photos with the 2nd option ;-)

Matt

Most people around here love him no matter what, so we wouldn't mind, but thanks so much again for those you have posted for us. :love:

Galeongirl said:

the 2nd one I can do tomorrow, it looks fairly easy...
the 1st one I'm not too sure, the scruff will be hard, but I'll try... perhaps I only have to darken the watermarked parts :hmm:

..the 2nd one will do nicely thank you...I might even write some more fic for you...:flirt: :evil: After all...pix fire the imagination, don't they...hee hee....

youvedonewhat said:

..the 2nd one will do nicely thank you...I might even write some more fic for you...:flirt: :evil: After all...pix fire the imagination, don't they...hee hee....

:combust: DEAL!

:hmm: in fact, I'm not sleepy.... I'm reading slow today anyway so perhaps I should start dewatermarking it now... shouldn't take that longl...

bonocomet said:
Just be careful while working Gg, it may be difficult working while your brain cells are exploding. :giggle:

:hyper: Brain cells??? what brain cells??????

*bounces around like a hyperactive duracell bunny*

:combust:

I'd love to hear the conversation that brought Dallas to G8.

Edge: Dallas, you can stay here with me and Danny in this unairconditioned riad while we keep writing and having long conversations about whether to go with G sharp or F flat. Or you can go to northern Germany to work with Bono and Geldof and be seen by millions of people around the world, including all of PLEBA.

Dallas: Dude, I'm off to Rostock!

DreamOutLoud13 said:
Okay, I'm sick to death of dewatermarking pictures, but I wanted to try a new technique on this one, and it worked out pretty well, so I saved GG the trouble:

bonopointgx4.jpg

:tongue: and stole mah technique!

:sexywink: thankya for taking the time anywayz

:lmao: and he still looks like a big dork!

Macphisto2000 said:

BTW, any Dallas fans around? I have a few more of him if someone is interested.

Matt
Ahhh, I wasn't sure. I think you're right about the angles and poses. The more pics I see from this the more I see that.
I sure wouldn't mind a few pics of Dallas! :wink:

By the way, I was meaning to ask, do you mind if I use some of these pictures for making some avatars?

silvrlvr said:
I'd love to hear the conversation that brought Dallas to G8.

Edge: Dallas, you can stay here with me and Danny in this unairconditioned riad while we keep writing and having long conversations about whether to go with G sharp or F flat. Or you can go to northern Germany to work with Bono and Geldof and be seen by millions of people around the world, including all of PLEBA.

Dallas: Dude, I'm off to Rostock!
:lol:

teenie said:
From Reuters today..

HEILIGENDAMM, Germany (Reuters) - You can stop staring hopefully at that phone, Bono. Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper will not be calling.

The Irish rock star turned poverty activist met U.S. President George W. Bush and German Chancellor Angela Merkel on the sidelines of a Group of Eight summit but was told Harper was too busy to talk to him.

Harper, a somewhat wooden figure regularly mocked for his lack of flair, told reporters Thursday that meeting Bono was not a priority.

"I've got to say that meeting celebrities isn't kind of my shtick, that was the shtick of the previous guy," said Harper in a dig at his Liberal predecessor Paul Martin, who met Bono regularly.

"I hope we do it at some point but my principle focus in public policies is not kind of to meet celebrities," added the prime minister, a Conservative.

Activists say Canada is trying to block a deal to ensure that western nations live up to promises to boost aid to Africa.

For the record, though, Harper said he liked the music of Bono's band U2.

He's definately not a Pleban:madspit:
It's not about "shtick", you asshat :madwife: It's not about "meeting celebrities". I hate that guy :angry: How clueless.

Hehe, may be he just don't feel comfortable to meet a man that so much better than him. People like Bono might make him feel bad and less confidence about himself.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom