Bono in DC THIS upcoming weekend...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liesje

Blue Crack Addict
Yes, my sources have just told me, Bono will be in DC this weekend meeting with the president of my college and one of our (at least to U2 fans) most highly prized professors, Steve Garber, who will try and convince him to come here to speak. Gah! I'm so excited! Everyone pray for Steve and pray that his tactics and previous communication with Bono will finally convince him to come here.....

I just e-mailed Steve Garber and asked him if he'd write a report for Interference if he has the time. He's a really nice man and a great writer I hear, so we'll see......

FishNeedsABicycle said:
OOOOOO Maybe he will perform with BROOOOOOOOOOCE while he's here!!! *hopes*

I might pass out...LOL...Sherry will you catch me? LOL!

SHIT! God, can you imagine????? I'll :faint:

:hyper:

sd

If we knew the exact time and place some of us might seriously show up. It would be a good chance to meet him without crowds around. But Washington is a big city and it's so easy to get lost, looking for him would be like the old needle in the haystack :sigh:

U2Kitten said:
If we knew the exact time and place some of us might seriously show up. It would be a good chance to meet him without crowds around. But Washington is a big city and it's so easy to get lost, looking for him would be like the old needle in the haystack :sigh:

I don't know at all, and I don't really feel comfortable asking Steve, but he wrote me back today with a few more details: it's basically a meeting Bono wanted to have concerning the religious aspect of the AIDS issue and what churches/religious institutions can do to help. Bono asked Steve to get together a group to have a discussion. Steve agreed to write an article for Interference when he's back.

IF anybody sees him this weekend, please find a way to ask him about the new album. Just get something out of him, and report back to us. I'm not saying hound him, just ask for his autograph and then casually ask how the album is coming. Tell him you're really looking forward to it. He'll say something about it then. He has a big mouth.....he can't keep a secret.

IF Bruce is playing in D.C. the same time Bono happens to be there, he will definately be at the show.

Hey just to let ya know, there was an article in yesterday's USA Today about Bono. It was about him being in Washington and talking about AIDS. There was a small picture of him on the front page and then on the other page of the article, there was a huge picture of him :drool: Sorry I'm late about this. I was too tired last night. :(

:wave:

Back
Top Bottom