Bono in Dallas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: Bono in Dallas

BonoFox1 said:

SO CUTE sporting his Vertigo Buzz!!!:love:

love the vertigo buzz:drool: :bow: best hair since elevation:drool: ..maybe better.

great pics!!!!

Jamila said:

Kristie, thanks for your very knid words for me - I truly appreciate them.

I don't know if I'm an angel, but I do try to walk alongside the massive light left in our world by a certain spirit dressing himself in shades, three chords and the truth. :wink:

It was my honor and my privilege to scrapbook all your social activist testimonies FOR BONO and thenmaking sure that his b-day book got in his hands Friday night.

ALL BECAUSE OF YOU....:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Bono knows three chords? :ohmy:

ylimeU2 said:

Angel or not, your sense of self importance is overwhelming. Come down and join the rest of us. It is much easier to have a conversation and an understanding of another person when they aren't constantly busy spouting off about how great they are.

And Bono is a living, breathing human being; same as the rest of us. He isn't a god, deity, angel, guiding light or any other sort of spirit.

:up: :up: :up:

It was just this kind of repetitive, negative personal attacks on me for the last two years by the same general group of posters here which was exactly why I specifically asked for every other group and/or U2 fansite where the original info was posted at to keep the info on Bono's b-day book off this site.

I knew that here at Interference this effort by 100 U2 fans and followers from Wire, @U2 and the Zoo - all of whom were supportive, co-operative and positive toward me and the poster who originally thought up this idea - would only meet with the same sort of ad naseum personal attacks on me as in the past at this site and could potentially damage this effort to get this B-day book that people asked me to put together for them to try to give to Bono.

So we specifically avoided this fansite - and I'm now glad we did.

For the hundred of posters in Bono's b-day book, we have become a loving and supportive network of U2 fans and followers from several U2 sites.

And, by the initial reception that Bono gave the book, it appears that he got something positive out of it too.

Negativity never accomplishes anything good - especially for the one who attacks.

When will y'all ever learn? :scratch:

So continue in your negativity - it doesn't affect me one bit.

It only continues to make you look ridiculous and stains the reputation of this fansite even more.

LOVE IS BIGGER THAN US.

WE'RE ONE BUT WE'RE NOT THE SAME. WE GET TO CARRY EACH OTHER.

Please try to live by these words one day. :bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

So am I, Edgette.

:laugh:

The truth is still the truth - no matter how you try to chocolate cover the sh*t. :lmao:

Jamila said:
It was just this kind of repetitive, negative personal attacks on me for the last two years by the same general group of posters here which was exactly why I specifically asked for every other group and/or U2 fansite where the original info was posted at to keep the info on Bono's b-day book off this site.

I knew that here at Interference this effort by 100 U2 fans and followers from Wire, @U2 and the Zoo - all of whom were supportive, co-operative and positive toward me and the poster who originally thought up this idea - would only meet with the same sort of ad naseum personal attacks on me as in the past at this site and could potentially damage this effort to get this B-day book that people asked me to put together for them to try to give to Bono.

For the hundred of posters in Bono's b-day book, we have become a loving and supportive network of U2 fans and followers from several U2 sites.

And, by the initial reception that Bono gave the book, it appears that he got something positive out of it too.

Negativity never accomplishes anything good - especially for the one who attacks.

It only continues to make you look ridiculous and stains the reputation of this fansite even more.

LOVE IS BIGGER THAN US.

popejamila.jpg

Jamila said:

yes you are so innocent when it comes to being negative.

It's been a year so why not....

last year at this time, we were in Chicago. You walked over to the big crowd on May 7th, AFTER Bono had already been outside. I was talking to a group that I didn't really know. You walked up. I had no idea who you were at the time. After showing your brand new Edun clothes to everyone, you proceeded to tell the group about a book you wanted to show Bono. Foolish me, I spoke up and said Bono was already out and you missed him. I was trying to be helpful. You were completely rude to me. Again, I was trying to help you out and let you know not to waste your time waiting because Bono was long gone. I offered to show you my pictures from my digital camera of Bono if you didn't believe me that he was out. From the get go you had a major chip on your shoulder. We were all very excited to have just met Bono, hoping to meet Edge, waiting for the concert, and just having a great time with some people we knew and some people we didn't know. Most people just kind of start to talk to anyone in a U2 line, whether it's a GA line or waiting for the band. You were completely rude and carried that attitude with you over the course of the next few days. You PUSHED your way up to the front of the line on May 9th. You were not let in by anyone. You preceeded to tell people that you were a fan before they were born :blahblah: Instead of trying to make friends with anyone that would maybe help you out, you demanded your spot. I could go on but I think you get the point......

I don't really get your "I'm always right, you're always wrong" attitude. If someone agrees with you then they are an angel but if someone disagree's then they are attacking you in some way.

I really don't think anyone cares that you purposely left Interference out of whatever book you gave Bono. I was fortunate enough to hold his hand and look him in the eyes last year and say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to him, face to face. I'll take that experience a million times over sending him a message in a book.

Last edited:
Jamila said:

I was just going to post and say I thought the book sounded really cool, a very thoughtful gesture, but then I caught on that YOU were the one deciding who was "worthy" enough to be a true fan of Bono's.

If anything, I guess Bono would appreciate a few laughs at this first grade drama. :lol:

Last edited:
Jamila said:

LOVE IS BIGGER THAN US.

I think the question really is when will you ever learn?

First, since we are all so negative and unsupporting, why even bother posting your story here anyway? As for the positivity, maybe you should try some real positiveness and maybe you'd get a different response. Quoting lines from U2 songs in all caps and putting stupid hearts around them don't qualify in my book, and I know for sure I'm not alone in that. It is so condescending. Really. You attack people and justify it with that crap.

Second, how do you know what Bono gets out of a book? Did you really get to see him react to it? Fans give him shit all the time and I haven't heard anyone say that he gave it one look and dumped it into the trash can. That says more about his character than yours. In fact, it only further proves how much you smack of self importance and ego. Really, get your head out of your ass and pay attention. Bono doesn't think that you are special. He just sees you as another fan.

Finally, answer me this please, because I am dying of curiosity to know. Since you seem to think negativity directed at others gets no one no where, why the hell are you so negative all the time? It seems to me that you just going around pointing out qualities in others that you yourself possess shockingly above average amounts of. Try some humility, Jamila, for fucks sake.

ylimeU2 said:

I think the question really is when will you ever learn?

First, since we are all so negative and unsupporting, why even bother posting your story here anyway? As for the positivity, maybe you should try some real positiveness and maybe you'd get a different response. Quoting lines from U2 songs in all caps and putting stupid hearts around them don't qualify in my book, and I know for sure I'm not alone in that. It is so condescending. Really. You attack people and justify it with that crap.

Second, how do you know what Bono gets out of a book? Did you really get to see him react to it? Fans give him shit all the time and I haven't heard anyone say that he gave it one look and dumped it into the trash can. That says more about his character than yours. In fact, it only further proves how much you smack of self importance and ego. Really, get your head out of your ass and pay attention. Bono doesn't think that you are special. He just sees you as another fan.

Finally, answer me this please, because I am dying of curiosity to know. Since you seem to think negativity directed at others gets no one no where, why the hell are you so negative all the time? It seems to me that you just going around pointing out qualities in others that you yourself possess shockingly above average amounts of. Try some humility, Jamila, for fucks sake.

:up:

Jamila said:

LOVE IS BIGGER THAN US.

Joking and insulting aside, jamila, I'm genuinely curious as to why you are so negative and rather horrid toward so many people? You're pretty nasty. You dont seem to see it. You seem to be one of a few who dont. I dont understand why you are so bitchy.
:shrug:

You keep on "gatekeeping" well wishes to a man you dont know and never will. Keep on with your judgements of everyone on here. Keep ignoring theirs to you. It's starting to suit you.

:)

Angela Harlem said:

Joking and insulting aside, jamila, I'm genuinely curious as to why you are so negative and rather horrid toward so many people? You're pretty nasty. You dont seem to see it. You seem to be one of a few who dont. I dont understand why you are so bitchy.

I agree, I don't really get it at all. Someone who does so much for others with nothing in return then comes here to a community of fellow fans and supporters of the SAME causes and acts in such a self-righteous, condescending way.

I mean, I could play Jamila's game if I wanted to. I could say that IM a better "fan" or whatever because I've met Bono X-number of times, I gave him a card that articulated things about myself that probably no one else knows about me, I've actually BEEN to Africa to study development, plan to fucking LIVE there, I've forked over more than $100,000 (that's $65,000 debt at age 21) for a relevant degree and prestigious coursework on these topics, I've convinced X-number of people that these topics are critical, but seriously, is this really necessary? God, it pains me just to pretend to be posting like that. I can't believe some people need to be like that. I mean, it reminds me of kids on a first grade play ground, not that I ever participated in the "I'm cooler than you are..." contest even when I was in first grade. No two people on this board or on any other board or anywhere else in the world are alike. We all have our own areas of expertise, passion, and experience and who the fuck is anyone else to judge whether or not someone is really a fan?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom