Bono in Court Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
gluey said:
I really don't think the 'us against them' (as in country vs country) nonsence is achieveing anything. I come from neither Australia or America (actually I'm from NZ), but I would never in any way suggest that my countrys attitude was better than anothers, or mock another country etc - what the heck does that achieve?

If that's a reference to the commenting I was engaged in, I meant it totally in a "trying to understand where everyone else might be coming from" kind of way, certainly not in a divisive way. Apologies if it came off that way.

blueeyedgirl said:

When I heard, for instance, that U2 had sued papers that printed pics of Bono's bare arse, I laughed, I mean how unimportant! (I've seen the pic, and yep!) :wink:

Well Wrap it up in a brown paper bag & send it to me, I need something to nibble on at lunch :evil:

kellyahern said:
616802A.jpg

:lmao:

awesome!

Anji said:

Well Wrap it up in a brown paper bag & send it to me, I need something to nibble on at lunch :evil:

Just a reminder that those pics are against the Interference rules and cannot be posted here...

it's nothing interesting either, just... his arse.. :rolleyes:
you can find them online tho..

GracelandHarley said:

Her "honor damaged?" I think Ali's honor remains very much intact. This isn't Puritan New England.

It was Ali's privacy that was very much invaded by those photos. And inexcusably so.

Yes, because she didn't okay the pictures and by him suing he is just protecting his wifes honor. :huh:

Bono is also one of the few people who always stops for a photo, so when his privacy is invaded I say defend ye honor.

Last edited:
JCOSTER said:

it looks that way from the pictures posted. Why should he take them off anyway?

For the same reason he took off the sunglasses, it shows a sign of rock star arrogance/narcissism to the jury and judge.

Any good lawyer would have wisely asked for them to be removed.

Some posting in this thread are so blind in the U2Luv that they think it would be a good idea for Bono to show up in full MacPhisto attire.

u2fp

Last edited:
:huh: sorry I can't follow you there... why can't a person wear earrings while being in court? Why is that a sign of rock star arrogance/narcissism?

Galeongirl said:
:huh: sorry I can't follow you there... why can't a person wear earrings while being in court? Why is that a sign of rock star arrogance/narcissism?

It fine for females to wear understated jewelry. Less so for males trying to make a good impression in a court of law.

There aren't really any solid rules, just recommendations.

U2FanPeter said:

Some posting in this thread are so blind in the U2Luv that they think it would be a good idea for Bono to show up in full MacPhisto attire.

u2fp

.......... yeah and start singing "but I stiiiiiill, haven't gotten back, what I was asking fooooor.........."

kafrun said:
I heard he wore pants too.

Bono, you narcissistic fool :tsk:

:lmao: :lmao: THIS is why Kaf is AWESOME!!!! And really how dare he. Do you mean Bono is more comfortable with who he is than with being politically correct...:shocked:.... Again I say,How dare he:shame: :rolleyes: Besides, it's always been the politically correct people that made a difference in the world...:|

Last edited:
U2FanPeter said:

For the same reason he took off the sunglasses, it shows a sign of rock star arrogance/narcissism to the jury and judge.

u2fp

I hope your last comment was not directed at me.

Bono is who he is. Why should he deviate from the norm. This is him and this is they way everyone expects to see him. I don't think it is a sign of disrespect. I don't change for anyone either, noone should.

U2FanPeter said:

I agree they should be removed, but not for that reason. When you go to court you dress nice, but extremely conservative. The point is to not stand out. It's not sunny in a courtroom and no one's flashing pictures. Besides, in any court of law he's Paul David Hewson, not Bono. The courts don't exist so that individuals can make statements about themselves by how they look; the purpose is to serve justice. I'd never wear the things I wear almost every day - a school hoody and some crocs - because it's just not appropriate. No, you don't really ever see me in dress pants and a suit over a blouse, but that's what's appropriate for court.

Also, apparently being able to see one's eyes/face is important (see all the recent discussions about women wearing face covering veils in court).

U2FanPeter said:

It fine for females to wear understated jewelry. Less so for males trying to make a good impression in a court of law.

in the country I live in it's as normal for men to wear earrings as for women... :shrug: Dunno if it's the same for you...

Galeongirl said:

in the country I live in it's as normal for men to wear earrings as for women... :shrug: Dunno if it's the same for you...

Wellp, my dad is the only person in our family who wears earrings! On my wedding day, he was all bummed b/c he bought a nice new stud and forgot to put it in.

I think it's fairly normal here for guys to wear earrings. Most have one, but a lot more are wearing two. There's not as many as girls, but I wouldn't blink twice.

I'm not sure why women would not wear earrings into court, as long as they were tasteful and not distracting.

My brother has worn earrings in both ears for the last 10-15 years, seems totally normal to me, although I suppose it wouldn't be so in every part of America. I think it looks just as good on men as it does women, and I feel naked without earrings in... maybe Bono feels the same? Hopefully Bono's earrings won't affect any one's decisions in court though :huh:

I'm sure everyone in court was shocked to see that, because nobody knows that Bono wears earrings. :ohmy:

this is 2006. you gotta be kidding. :huh:

Last edited:
U2FanPeter said:

:rolleyes: The glasses I can understand, but the earrings? Come on.

Back
Top Bottom