Bono in Court Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jamila said:

At this point, I think U2 could win back some of their critics if they stepped back from a fight.

How exactly do you suggest they should do that? To repeat once again, she to them to court, no the other way around. Sheesh!
:sigh:

kellyahern said:
Like Lies said, admit they are liars and that they defamed her, then hand over whatever settlement she wants. Simple really.

:|

Remember Kelly, everyone should apppreciate the martyr complex! :wink:

:|

A bit off topic, I want to know why this effects Bono especially. The whole band is under fire here because of this woman. Who, quite frankly, seems off her rocker.

eimear25 said:
galeongirl
i did read what you said, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Yes this case was started by Lola Cashman but they should have just let it go. She had £5k worth of stuff not $50k. I have been reading about this crap in the papers here, and for once i agree with the irish press about u2, and bono in particular. He said himself he felt like a fool being in Court.

So what you are saying is that if someone has a lot of money and an employee violates their trust, steals from them and then takes them to court (the defamation case in London) when they call her on her actions they should just let it go because persuing it will make them look silly? If they were a struggling band and she stole from them and then took them to court when they called her on it would you still say they should walk away from it?

If you hired someone to work in your house who then wore your clothes, then stole those clothes and then tried to sell them would you not feel violated?

Not that it matters but U2 were not born into wealth and fame, they earned it. They have every right to stand up to someone who steals from them. Most people are ingnoring the fact that they did let her off the hook for years until she tried to sell the stolen merchandise. At that point they very correctly informed the auction house that ownership of the items in question was disputed and sent her legal notice to return them. She then threatened them with the book idea and also filed a defamation suit against them in London. In order to defend against the defamation suit they filed suit in Ireland for the return of the items to get legal ruling that the items were stolen. They won that case which caused the defamation suit to either be dropped or decided in their favor (I haven't really seen a definitive report on what exactly happened with the defamation case). Then she appealed the Irish court decision. Since she filed the appeal they have no choice but to appear in court. I would be highly disappointed in them if they gave in to the kind of bullying that has been going on. Unfortunately many rich and famous people give in to that kind of blackmail all the time in order to protect their image. I am very glad that U2 respect themselves enough to not give in.

Dana

If all you're reading is tabloid news, I can see how you think U2 should let it go.

A bit tougher in the real world, as Lola brought this to court (again). Unless you want them to say they lied about everyting they said so far about this case.
Also the whole band is involved in this, not just Bono.

Re: Lola's world

rihannsu said:
Just because she believes the items were given to her and refuses to back down does not necessarily mean that is the truth. Some people can be severely delusional about their own position. That report about her thinking she had a "special relatioship" with Bono is very disturbing. She is beginning to sound like a stalker. While none of us will ever know what really happened I find her very difficult to believe considering that fact that so many people from all over the industry repeatedly comment on the integrity of U2's people. I find it hard to believe that if they were the kind of petty bullies that the press is trying to portray them as, they could go this long without having more dirt dug up on them than this. And does no one else take her "I could have told who was sleeping with who" statement as a threat? Right there she is implying that she has information that she will use to defame them. Bono took it as a threat, and said as much before the first court battle. Although they made no public statement about the book I remember seeing reports that Bono was extremely upset by the book. I would be too. Despite the fact that the book actually makes her look stupid if Bono trusted her at the time she worked for him then the book is definitely a betrayal. As with Carter Allen's book which U2 felt was a betrayal because he travelled with them as a representative of a radio station not as a prospective author. They fell out with him for a time over that but they never took him to court or bad mouthed him. They simply didn't speak to him for a while, but later requested him to do an interview and put the whole thing behind them. I think this has more to do with the violation of trust issue for Bono than it has to do with the things. Also in the first case the band did not list the photos as something they wanted back but the judge added the photos to the items to be returned because he felt she had no right to them.

Dana

I agree with you, Lola Cashman is a disgusting, lying woman... The only thing she wants to deceive is to mire and hackney the members of U2...:mad:

I don't feel sorry for Ms Cashman at all coz she brought this whole situation on herself. And more over I believe, she wanted this whole issue to be a public as possible so as to discredit her former employers. :tsk:

First off, she stole the stuff, but when U2 didn't react by procecuting her for stealing, she sold some of the stuff off, when U2 still didn't react she tried to auction the rest of the stuff to the highest bidder. But still U2 wanted to keep this matter private and just sent her a legal letter asking her to send the stuff back! But that wasn't good enough for Ms Cashman so she claimed defamation!! :scream: Which I'm sure she knew would force U2 to bring this matter into the courts. And when U2 won the case, with not too much publicity, well she couldn't leave it at that could she?!? :huh:

For whatever reason, she is on a mission to blacken U2s name by any means possible, and make U2 seem like petty millionares bullying poor little Ms Lola, and unfortunately it seems to be working! She knows U2 can't back down at this point, legally this is, but that fact doesn't come through to the general public. All they see, thanks to mis-information by the media, are spoiled rock stars squabling over a hat and some clothes!! :sigh:

Last edited:
She was ordered to give back the items.
She did not
They took her to court.
She lost.
They still did not get the items back
She wrote a book.
He said she wore my clothes.
She is appealing the 1st case.
Bono back in court.
Bono looks bad now b/c she made him go back to court.
She said they had a special relationship.
Shes going to go bankrupt.
Shes a liar.

Its a matter of principle and the pain in the arse she is to them and him.
I hope she does go bankrupt it would serve her right.

I think it's a shame there's so much negativity surrounding U2 right now. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the Irish Press was upset about the tax situation and then used this situation to jump all over them.

Don't get me wrong. If evidence came out that U2 did in fact give Lola those items and then lied about it, well, even being the fan that I am, I would say shame on them 1,000 times over. If the press reported such evidence, I wold be open to hearing it. What bothers me is that this case doesn't seem to be about who is right or wrong anymore. It seems to be about who is rich or poor, who the press thinks needs taken down a few notches/have a bone to pick with, and who they do not.

On the other hand, I try to remember that the vast majority of press outside of Ireland has been very positive...Oprah, New Orleans, Red, etc., etc. Hopefully this will all get sorted out in the end.

Edgette said:
A bit off topic, I want to know why this effects Bono especially. The whole band is under fire here because of this woman. Who, quite frankly, seems off her rocker.

I think it's the whole tax thing that really made the irish people see them in a bad daylight, and the press use this to make them look even worse... and yea, since Bono's the frontman, and most people think (seriously, they do!) that HE makes all the decisions in the band, this must be one of his mistakes then eh? :rolleyes:

people who believe tabloid crap are off their rocker too if you ask me, who knows, Cashman might be one of them! :)

hcbiggs2002 said:

Is it coz I'm a woman but I just don't see how you can say that?!? She's has skinny as a rake, and that uniform she's wearing is totally unflattering and covering up what little figure she may have and you can't even see her hair or face coz it's covered with that cap which looks way too big for her head!! :eyebrow: I guess it takes all sorts.... :shrug:

You're right about Bono looking good thou'! Love a man in a well cut suit!! Now if he could just loose the tie and unbutton the shirt....:silent: :evil:

Ehm - she's at /work/. It's how she's supposed to look. She can hardly look cute while chasing down a bandit. She's attractive. That's kind of like people complaining that I smell like a dog and am covered in pet hair while working at the vet clinic.

Ok. Evil rant over. It just annoys the hell out of me when people do catty stuff like this. It's just completely uncool and nasty.

Devlin said:

Ehm - she's at /work/. It's how she's supposed to look. She can hardly look cute while chasing down a bandit. She's attractive. That's kind of like people complaining that I smell like a dog and am covered in pet hair while working at the vet clinic.

Ok. Evil rant over. It just annoys the hell out of me when people do catty stuff like this. It's just completely uncool and nasty.

I wasn't trying to be catty, honestly I wasn't! I was just stating my point of view!! And I wasn't really talking about her any real personal sense but in a more general sense about how any one could find some one so skinny and wearing such unflattering clothes "smoking"!!! :shrug:

courtcase_7.jpg

But like I said, it takes all sorts! I know I can be blunt at times (yes and even down right nasty!)but I meant no offence, honest!! :slant:

Last edited:
hcbiggs2002 said:

Poor Bono looks completely the opposite of how we are used to seeing him. He's obviously wishing to be anywhere else at the moment.
Hey Bono, wanna come over for drink and a chat? I make great cup of tea! :wink:

blueeyedgirl said:

And I hope you have a good day yourself. :|

I'm entitled to my opinion, and not everyone in the world is so rosey. Did anyone stop to think that maybe just maybe she was a gold digger once she got inside the U2 organization. She saw an opportunity for money and took it.

JCOSTER said:

I'm entitled to my opinion, and not everyone in the world is so rosey. Did anyone stop to think that maybe just maybe she was a gold digger once she got inside the U2 organization. She saw an opportunity for money and took it.

yes you are entitled but to an opinion but, what if she wasn't a gold digger and didn't just take it like that..

If she is innocent by all means let the truth come out. Apparently, she is contradicting her own book and can't remember some of the facts she stated in it.

And, if someone was wearing my clothes all the time I would be like Whats going on? :huh: To me there was something strange from the get go. Thats why she only lasted 8 months.

blueeyedgirl said:
Oh joy, conspiracy theories!!!!! :happy:

Nobody knows all the facts, the only people who know the truth is Cashman and Bono.

I'm sure the truth will come and if it comes out in her favor and then so be it.

If it comes out in his favor well then its great he stood on principle.

JCOSTER said:
To me there was something strange from the get go. Thats why she only lasted 8 months.
Yeah, I think there's something to that. U2 seems like the kind to be good to their employees. They've had a lot of the same people working with them for ages :shrug:

JCOSTER said:
Nobody knows all the facts, the only people who know the truth is Cashman and Bono.

Truest statement in this whole thread.

I'm sure the truth will come and if it comes out in her favor and then so be it.

And I'll await all the PLEBANs screaming blue murder.

If it comes out in his favor well then its great he stood on principle.

Principle for one, not the other? :eyebrow:

Yes, it's true that we may never find out the whole/real truth behind this matter, so it might eventually come down to who you choose to believe! :shrug: This woman, who by all the accounts I've read (especially her statement about her 'special relationship' with Bono! :coocoo: ) is a total nutter, a trouble maker and an opportunist, or U2 and Bono who by all accounts, from employees (bar one!), friends, celebrities and any one else who has met them and know them, are the sweetest, most down to earth bunch of guys you're ever likely to meet! :eyebrow:

Sorry to burst anyone's anti-Bono bubble , from what I read so far I tend to think the band is in the right.
Lola's story doesn't add up to me. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom