Bono in Chicago 10/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
one4u2 said:
r2849676333.jpg

This is at the Fox studio...where they there too!

JCOSTER said:

I don't think he has ever seen a woman shop like that before.:giggle:

No kidding... there is no way that Ali would be running around a store saying "10 of these" and "I'm getting 10 of those!"

Being a mom she's probably more likely to says things along the line of : "Don't touch that *insert kids name*. No, we're not buying that today." :wink:

great show! I loved how Bono was saying he was the road crew, carrying her packages around! and what a gentleman to open the door for the O. I loved it when they did the photobooth and she said "i'm keeping those pics" and gave him a little kiss." they looked so cozy together. beyond cute moment.
Made me soooooooooooooooo jealous!!!

any pics of them in the booth together?

Last edited:
JCOSTER said:

Thanks for this. :hug:

Hope it won't be too long before this Oprah show will become availlable through U2Torrents because we're getting re-runs of Oprah, from this spring, here in Finland at the moment and I have no idea when the new shows will be broadcasted! :(

Loving all the pics of the show though and the (RED) products, I'd love the have a pair of those RED *Bono* Converse shoes! :love: And the RED T-shirt with the word Desi(RED) on it!! :drool:

And what's this I hear about Oprah being in a photobooth with our Bono?!? :ohmy: :madwife:

:wink:

hcbiggs2002 said:

And what's this I hear about Oprah being in a photobooth with our Bono?!? :ohmy: :madwife:

:wink:

oh yes. at the gap store there is a red photobooth where you do the 4 pics and the money for those also go towards project red. So they go in there, and O gets to sit on Bono's lap, :cute: and the machine starts to shoot right away, so the first one is Bono just staring blankly in front of him and O isn't in the pic at all. then they start to pose and i think the last one he did his usual peace sign. as the last one is shot she says "i'm keeping those pics of you and me" and gives him the cutest little kiss on the cheek. :kiss: right after the kiss he looks outside of the booth with this little sheepish grin like "wow, it's getting hot in here" look. it was really sweet and cute.

also when O got out of the car, he runs and opens the door for her, she just looks up at him with this big smile and says "you are a gentleman!". no kidding.

Thanks for all the great photos! :hyper: :drool:

Bono was eloquent and so cute as usual. I love when he smiles.

Our whole family watched and my 7 year old daughter things we should buy one of everything. :hyper: :giggle: I wish I could! Everything looks so cool! We are in the process of selling our house right now and if it goes well I'm going to buy 2 Red Nanos for Christmas to give to my brothers. I'm definetly going to have to get me some of the mudcloth printed converse. :drool:

I just saw Bono and Bobby on CNN, I so love their passion for things. I wish I'd be able to watch Oprah, but maybe someone could upload at least the performance of Bono and Alicia, that's what I would love to see most, it's a beautiful song.

thankyou said:

oh yes. at the gap store there is a red photobooth where you do the 4 pics and the money for those also go towards project red. So they go in there, and O gets to sit on Bono's lap, :cute: and the machine starts to shoot right away, so the first one is Bono just staring blankly in front of him and O isn't in the pic at all. then they start to pose and i think the last one he did his usual peace sign. as the last one is shot she says "i'm keeping those pics of you and me" and gives him the cutest little kiss on the cheek. :kiss: right after the kiss he looks outside of the booth with this little sheepish grin like "wow, it's getting hot in here" look. it was really sweet and cute.

also when O got out of the car, he runs and opens the door for her, she just looks up at him with this big smile and says "you are a gentleman!". no kidding.

Thanks for the detailed run of events from the "photobooth". :wave: I can just image in my mind that cheeky smile of his!! :wink: :drool:

Lila64 said:
For those looking for the duet with Alicia Keys, you may have luck finding it thru one of her sites. I did a search and ended up here.
You may be able to download it from this site. I don't need it on my computer, but found a download link here:

http://www.alicia-keys.net/aliciakeys.htm
Thank you for the link. There's a video and the mp3 to download, but both are zip files and I cannot open them. Maybe someone could make a sf upload of these files, would be much appreciated.

kellyahern said:

You can design your own shoe to look like it :)

http://www.converse.com/index.asp?mode=c1&bhcp=1

I checked out the design your own shoe link. Very cool!
Ok just for fun I entered "Bono" for the personalization... guess what... It said "sorry" "try again"... they won't let you have it! HA!

I also entered Larry... great, Adam... no problem...

Edge..... "sorry!" :lol:

Last edited:
Lila64 said:
For those looking for the duet with Alicia Keys, you may have luck finding it thru one of her sites. I did a search and ended up here.
You may be able to download it from this site. I don't need it on my computer, but found a download link here:

http://www.alicia-keys.net/aliciakeys.htm

Thanks for this! :wave: Just finished downloading the file and am watching the video as I'm typing this. Oprah is interviewing Alicia at the mo and I'm waiting for the performance with Bono to start!! :hyper:

edit:- Just finished watching it....what I great performance!! :faint: Alicia's a wonderful singer and Bono sounded magnificent, he really hit those high notes perfectly!! :ohmy: I'm running out of superlatives here but the coming tour is gonna be fabulous for those who get to see U2 coz Bono's voice is in fine fettle!! :drool:

Last edited:
At the Gap store closest to me, they said they were expecting another shipment on Monday (with the jean jackets and more sweaters).

And they had almost all the products I saw online earlier.
I think the only products that I didn't see, were the tanktops, the messenger bag, the jean jacket and the brown leather belt.

I sure had a hard time deciding what to get.
Ended up buying the red inspired T shirt, the blue reversed print sweater, a black bracelet and a pin.

Looks like the Gap red website has been changed slightly, as it seems some of the products have already sold out online!!

Last edited:
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Do you work out or travel (even walking or in the car) a lot? If so, get the nano. Regular iPods are just like external hard drives, which contain moving parts that are not designed to be used the way most iPods are. Nanos are flash memory, which doesn't spin like a hard drive does and is recommended if you take your iPod jogging, or carry it around a lot.

Thanks Lies, I commute to work that's the extent of my travels :wink: However, it's 30 hours of video and 7500 songs vs 1000 songs on the Nano. Most people would say no contest for the $$ but I'm sure I'll get nowhere near 7500 songs and 30 hrs of video :crack:

hcbiggs2002 said:

Thanks for this! :wave: Just finished downloading the file and am watching the video as I'm typing this. Oprah is interviewing Alicia at the mo and I'm waiting for the performance with Bono to start!! :hyper:

edit:- Just finished watching it....what I great performance!! :faint: Alicia's a wonderful singer and Bono sounded magnificent, he really hit those high notes perfectly!! :ohmy: I'm running out of superlatives here but the coming tour is gonna be fabulous for those who get to see U2 coz Bono's voice is in fine fettle!! :drool:

Do you think you can provide an upload of the video and/ or mp3 file since I cannot access the zip files on my computer?! That would be so cool.

Thanks for the link to the video. It was great to watch again, and I, again, had a tear in my eye at the end. Bono is such a humble human being it's just such a pleasure to watch him, whether it's in concert doing what he loves best or....shopping with Oprah, which he seemed to be pretty good at too. Their duet was beautiful. Bono seemed quite taken with emotion at the end. God, I love this man. He just amazes me with his passion and energy everyday. I know I may sound a bit over the top, but I really just have so much admiration for him.:love: :love:

Oh, by the way, I'm off to the Gap to buy a t-shirt, just called a different Gap and they still have some of the Red V-neck t-shirts.:)

last unicorn said:

Do you think you can provide an upload of the video and/ or mp3 file since I cannot access the zip files on my computer?! That would be so cool.

I'll upload the file to transferbigfiles.com but it'll take a while. Its about 70 MB so will take some time to upload. When it's done I'll post a link here.:wink:

Here's the link for the Bono/Alicia Keys segement on Oprah for those of you who don't have Winzip. You'll need to add the www and delete the spaces:wink:
http://.transfer big files.com/Download.aspx?id=62cce7a3-a3a3-4efe-ae5a-e9a0a34e1191

U2FloridaFan said:
Thanks for the link to the video. It was great to watch again, and I, again, had a tear in my eye at the end. Bono is such a humble human being it's just such a pleasure to watch him, whether it's in concert doing what he loves best or....shopping with Oprah, which he seemed to be pretty good at too. Their duet was beautiful. Bono seemed quite taken with emotion at the end. God, I love this man. He just amazes me with his passion and energy everyday. I know I may sound a bit over the top, but I really just have so much admiration for him.:love: :love:

Yeah I was holding back the tears too, they performed the song really well together. Thanks, by the way, for fulfilling Last Unicorns request, I would have uploaded it but you beat me to it! :wink:

I would like to say a big thank you U2FloridaFan. I´m from Brazil, and this Oprah show with Bono will be on air here only next week, so I was eagerly looking for a video to download, so that I don´t have to wait that long. Obrigada :)

MT

Back
Top Bottom