Bono In Cannes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono Mot said:
:giggle:

Hollywood Deal
by Fred Schruers

If the relevance of a film festival depends in part of its ability to avoid being typecast as favoring a single genre, then Cannes...aw, jeez, Bono just went by. He was hurrying in the twilight across the wooden walkway that leads from the festival offices to the Palais, in view of the press aerie, and when a random video shooter went to grab some footage, he teased his blonde companion, presumably a workmate, by grabbing her arms to frame her for the shooter. Since a spring rain had just washed across the bay here, he also almost slipped and landed on his butt.

Bono was headed for the evening screening of Woody Allen's Vicky Cristina Barcelona, and though Allen's continuing high profile at the festival seems more a matter of obligation than cinephilia (critics have been mixed on the film) the U2 front man is doing the correct film buff thing tonight.

There's a pic there, but I just get a red X. :shrug:
http://www.portfolio.com/views/blog...8/05/16/woody-bono-and-a-varied-mix-at-cannes

Thank you MOT!!..but yeah I get an X too:(

Thank GOD for new Bono pics!!!!

:yippie:

Thank you all so very much for posting! :hug:
Bono looks lovely, and well rested. Good for him. Thanks LU and others for sticking up for B with his looks. He's had longer hair for most of his life, so it's easy to think he's suited better by it - it just takes getting used to I guess. :shrug: Anyway, we love bono for who he is and not for what his hair looks like. I just want peace, health, and hapiness for our man. :heart:

Seems like he is in Cannes everyday now. There are new photos of him leaving the premiere of the Woody Allen film.

Unfortunately, I am not allowed to post URLs yet, but the photos I saw are on Getty Images.

onekea said:
and there are new different pics here, maybe someone could post them? sorry but I can't.
http://www.isifa.com/result_ed.php?search_id=73125

Stars flock to celebrate Dennis Hopper's birthday in Cannes
By hellomagazine.com
With some of the biggest names in film already gathered together in Cannes, Dennis Hopper's 72nd birthday celebrations on Friday were always going to be a star-studded affair.
Famous faces including Harrison Ford, Calista Flockhart and Selma Hayek joined the Easy Rider actor on board a luxury cruiser. The birthday boy is in the swish French resort with his new flick Palermo Shooting, one of the contenders for the film festival's prestigious Palme d'Or award.
Accompanied by his wife, Victoria Duffy, Dennis welcomed not only silver screen icons but also those from the world of music. Enjoying the celebrations were U2 front man Bono and Rolling Stones vocalist Mick Jagger, who was accompanied by his gorgeous wife, model L'Wren Scott.
Cannes jury president Sean Penn and Elton John's partner David Furnish also helped the party go off in style.

Last edited:
saro said:
Seems like he is in Cannes everyday now. There are new photos of him leaving the premiere of the Woody Allen film.

Unfortunately, I am not allowed to post URLs yet, but the photos I saw are on Getty Images.
his shirt :combust:

The shirt is one thing, but did you see who he is leaving with ...

Reminds me of last summer.

saro said:

thank you saro :wave: :up:

:faint:

0a7699d9.jpg

u2jesusgirl said:
The blond is Petra Nemcova.

Musician Bono attends the Petra Nemcova & The Creative Coalition Celebrate the Creation of LOVE at the Nikki Beach during the 61st Cannes International Filmfestival on May, 17 2008.

cannes170508.jpg
cannes170508-3.jpg
cannes170508-1.jpg
cannes170508-2.jpg

There are photos of the Dennis Hopper party on a page called ISIFA.com. Maybe someone could post them ...

saro said:
There are photos of the Dennis Hopper party on a page called ISIFA.com. Maybe someone could post them ...

i know you can't post links yet, but maybe you can try to post it with a space in it;

I think that might work.
I don't see anything there and I don't understand the language so I don't know where to look on that site :lol:

edit: I found the link, but yes, these pics can't be enlarged unless you're a member

http://isifa.com/result_ed.php?search_id=1097012

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom