bono in boston

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MrsSpringsteen said:

Security around Bono's visit was tight. Perhaps Bono didn't want U2's guitarist, The Edge, to learn that he was speaking - as he joked to the crowd - to a convention hall filled with bankers in black and blue suits. Bono also prohibited photographers, though a few attendees snapped pictures with their cellphones.

And Bono's speech was strictly off the record, according to Mortgage Bankers Association staff, who were instructed not to talk to the press about it. Bono, who told the audience he flew in to Boston on a private jet, was whisked away after his talk.

That doesn't sound like Bono at all but would explain why there are only a few photos from this event. I read in another article that people were taking pictures with their cellphones, so maybe some will eventually see the light of day.

Thanks for the article!

232323232%7Ffp53248%3Evq%3D3244%3E287%3E5%3A%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3236995%3B%3B8637vq0mrj

I am trying to upload photos
I had a very good view- six rows back for his speech and then I was about 20' away when he was sitting and talking (noone in front of me).
Regarding the article about no photographers allowed- I and plenty of others had cameras and I saw several professional photographers snapping away, one was up on stage as well.

Here's another
of=50,590,442cture:

sweetie said:

:wave: Hi there Nuala! Glad to have met you! I was there with my husband (in the Vertigo tour hoodie) and my friend. It was very nice to freeze along side you :lol:

Hi Sweetie! It was nice to meet you guys too! I really thought we were going to meet him but it just didn't happen. We were really close though!!! Next time we will!!:yes:

blm said:
Well, Varitek, sorry you didn't get to see him. Maybe next week, are you planning to go to NY for the 26th? That is to be another thread to come.....

It was a great try. Those securtiy guards(not Bono's) really stink for lying.

Tripletmom, very happy you got to hear and see him speak.
Can't wait for your info....

Thanks for the hugs and sympathy guys. I was really disapointed, and I can't get to NY, but oh well, that's life.

Teta, the dressing room wasn't waht it sounds like. It was a huge staging area/lounge off of the area where people were seated to hear him speak. We are calling it the dressing room becaue that's what the floor plan calls it, but it's not as intimate as it sounds.

It was nice to meet you all, nuala, sweetie, tripletmom. :wave:

Also, there was a guy there who said he recorded it all and has a .wav. I know it's more of the same old same old but I gave him my email address so I'm hoping he'll send me a copy like he promised and I can share it with you all.

great pics Tripletmom! thanks for sharing!

*to post just one of your pics from the photobucket, right click on the IMG option click copy...then just come here to post and right click ..paste....it will put that image in here:wink:

OK I'm finally done and I can rest now.
I don't know how you people that actually touch and meet the man ever function afterward because I am having a hard time eating/sleeping just with this encounter.
It was so nice to meet other fans.
I keep telling my friends and family "there are other people out there as nutty as me, really!"
Hopefully I can make it out to NY

Did I mention that Bono is YUMMY?:drool: :drool: :drool:

Daddysgonnapay said:
great pics Tripletmom! thanks for sharing!

*to post just one of your pics from the photobucket, right click on the IMG option click copy...then just come here to post and right click
042_42.jpg
..paste....it will put that image in here:wink:

like this? Thanks

:wave: :heart: :up: :applaud: tripletmom
WONDERFUL pictures !!! thank you for sharing the excitement with us all.
Noticed the open buttons on the shirt, and that got my mind a racin'.....
Do I detect a clean shaven Bono face? SO very yummy.
:drool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom