bono in boston

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sweetie said:
I jumped back into this to see if any ideas have cropped up. :D cheating I know. Considering its a public building, I'm assuming we can just walk in. But then again, its a private event so maybe we'll only be able to meander so far before we have to turn away. So the trick is to find out where Bono will be entering the building. :hmm:

On the other hand, would it make more sense to try to catch him on the way out rather than on the way in? Considering that he's always very last minute.

He's not last minute all the time. Figure is he is supposed to be someplace at a certain time he would be there at least an hour before.

I'm thinking I'm jsut gonna hang out by the elevators on the 2nd floor of hynes. If he's speaking at 8:30, do you guys wanna meet at 6:45am in front of the main entrance to the hynes? Or should we meet by the entrance inside the Pru?

Varitek said:
I'm thinking I'm jsut gonna hang out by the elevators on the 2nd floor of hynes. If he's speaking at 8:30, do you guys wanna meet at 6:45am in front of the main entrance to the hynes? Or should we meet by the entrance inside the Pru?

Maybe inside the Pru in case it's cold. But I'm not sure which entrance is better- I'll look at the floor plan again.
What about Mon night? Think he'll be in town? My guess is yes if he is speaking that early on Tues. I want to try to go over to the hotel.
Anyone else interested?

Adge, are you going? I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaallllllllllyyyyyyyyyyy want to go. That's how much!! I will DIIIIIIEEEE if I can't go. This is my chance to finally meet Bono!

But my parents say I probabaly can't cuz it's on a school day! :scream: :sad:

And I kind of need to know really quickly because of said reasons above. :wink:

tripletmom said:

Maybe inside the Pru in case it's cold. But I'm not sure which entrance is better- I'll look at the floor plan again.
What about Mon night? Think he'll be in town? My guess is yes if he is speaking that early on Tues. I want to try to go over to the hotel.
Anyone else interested?

I am trying to get all my crap in order so I can go down tonight. I am going to try really hard but I am not sure if I can. :( Tripletmom, which hotel are you going to be hanging out around??

Bono was in NY yesterday, I saw some pictures on the web, I think he was in a restaurant with Jan Wenner from Rolling Stone.

So the Boston thing is tomorrow, right? I wish all of you who are going good luck in meeting the man!!!!

If I don't get a chance to see him before the session I'm going to try my luck after. At least by then I would have a better sense of the layout.

At any rate, I'm going to try to get into the area by 7:30 ish and head toward the South Lobby escalators. From there I'll just leave it up to luck :rolleyes:

I think the 4 seasons late tonight is a good bet. I was gonna get drinks there and then I realized the sox game won't be over til midnight and the T shuts down at 1...oh well. But I will be at the main entrance around 6:45 or 7 am....ugh so early! hope it's worth it! It's supposed to be 74 degrees tomorrow (not that early though) but I think the main entrance is better cause if he's arriving in a car that's the logical place for him to pull up, right? And the parking garage entrance is sorta to the right of the main entrance. I'm still not really sure what the best strategy is though.

Varitek said:
Yeah, it's Tuesday. Adge, are you coming up??

nope. if i knew in advance in could have been a possibility
good luck though!!! I hope you get to talk to him.
Tell Bono I say hi and hes still soooo adorable :D

Varitek said:
I think the 4 seasons late tonight is a good bet. I was gonna get drinks there and then I realized the sox game won't be over til midnight and the T shuts down at 1...oh well. But I will be at the main entrance around 6:45 or 7 am....ugh so early! hope it's worth it! It's supposed to be 74 degrees tomorrow (not that early though) but I think the main entrance is better cause if he's arriving in a car that's the logical place for him to pull up, right? And the parking garage entrance is sorta to the right of the main entrance. I'm still not really sure what the best strategy is though.

I'm so proud! :heart:

Come back with details!

Varitek said:

I was thinking the same about the hotel (is it ok to name his hotel?) but if he was most recently in NY he may just fly in in the am and he could sleep in his own bed and take a quick flight over in the am on the private jet. I will kick myself if I see pictures of him in the Herald at some function tonight!!!!
About tomorrow... I was looking into this and there are two elevators (15 and 16) on the loading dock that a car can drive into- I don't know if he would go this way or not. I know all employees/vendors/etc of the convention must enter that way- they are absolutley not allowed to enter in from the main entrances so obviously people are coming and going through that area. I may just go over to the Main entrance around 645 am as well.
Varitek- maybe I'll see you there.
I will have my ONE shirt on.
Go Sox!!!

Everyone please send us good Bono vibes and cross all their fingers and toes that we will actually see the B man tomorrow.
I have been dreaming about this for 23 years!:hyper: :hyper: :pray: :pray:

tripletmom said:
Everyone please send us good Bono vibes and cross all their fingers and toes that we will actually see the B man tomorrow.

Dreams do come true!!!! Bono vibes headed your way!

tripletmom said:

Best wishes to you!! My fingers (and toes) are crossed!! :yes:

Back
Top Bottom