Bono in Boston?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You may have been correct a few years ago, Dana.

But as a person that has been going to these type of speaking events with Bono and/or Ali for years, even the mention of Ali at a speaking event nowadays will have Bono fans driving in from all over the country to try to catch a glimpse of him.

As we speak, I can tell you that Oxford is being overrun with U2 fans in search of their moment with Bono.

But you have a good point. :up:

:|

I think most people that are "driving in from all over the country" are actually interested in what Ali has to say and about EDUN. I could give two :censored: if Bono's there or not.

Well I am going because Ali is a huge inspiration and I support the issues that help Africa out.. I am wearing all my (RED) stuff so :wink: .. I only heard about this from my ONE field organizer in Columbus asking me to go and carpool... I am an organizer of my local ONE group so I think I have enough clout to override your opinion that its just cause Im a u2 fan... if bono is there more for me to look at!! but I cant wait to see Ali in the flesh too! have a good day im running out the door!!

I think about Bono being there means more publicity, attracting more people, thus good for the whole cause. But on the other side I hope that the majority of people going to such events are actually interested in the cause and not only in seeing Bono.

redhotswami said:
well, even if they are only interested in seeing bono, they are forced to sit down and listen to the speeches. so, maybe something will penetrate their one-track minds.

One can only hope, redhotswami. :wink:

daveydave said:
It was most likely Bono with Jordon.

Remember, he's still a dad and may be checking out one or more of the colleges in town w/her.

The lack of press is probably because he's trying to give his kid the "normal" experience of looking at schools.

Daveydave

err, why would he check out colleges in America while they live in Ireland?

Galeongirl said:

err, why would he check out colleges in America while they live in Ireland?

Don't know if Bono is checking out colleges with Jordan or not, but U.S. universities attract many international students. The fact that they live in Ireland is really irrelevant as to where Jordan might decide to go to university.

JCOSTER said:

They seem like they are a very close knit family and seem as though they like to stay close to each other.

:lol: well in the HBO interview he said when kids are 18 they should "fuck off". he laughed and said he was kidding...but i remember how far away i was eager to go at that age. i still stayed in the state, but the furthest point away from my parents' house.

For the record, the NY Post ran a retraction today--no drunk Bono in Utah--duh!

redhotswami said:

:lol: well in the HBO interview he said when kids are 18 they should "fuck off". he laughed and said he was kidding...but i remember how far away i was eager to go at that age. i still stayed in the state, but the furthest point away from my parents' house.

:wink: I know the feeling, I want to go to the other side of the planet, you think that's far away enough?

I don't know if this is the real Bono or an impersonator. If the impersonator makes reservations under the name Bono, who knows. I was in there Thursday and I never saw him :(

Boston Herald

Bono moves in mysterious ways - right here!
By Gayle Fee
Saturday, March 10, 2007

Bono has been bopping around Boston for the past couple of days, acting like a regular tourist on holiday and surprising the heck out of a lot of locals who have had close encounters with the U2 frontman.
“He couldn’t have been nicer,” said one barfly who ran into the Irish rocker at the Beantown Pub on Thursday night. “He was just in there having a pint, but when word got around, the girls were like three deep.”
Yesterday Bono grabbed eggs and coffee at Donna’s Restaurant in East Boston after he told his driver he was hungry and the chauffeur suggested the neighborhood joint.
“They knew right where to take him for a late breakfast,” said Someone Who Was There.
And Friday was a Beautiful Day for guitarist Dave Wade, who ran into Bono while standing on the street near St. Anthony’s Shrine downtown.
“I was on my way to play a gig and I had my guitar on,” he said. “This big SUV pulled up, the window rolled down and Bono leaned out and said ‘Are you pretty good on that thing?’ I told him, ‘Yeah, I try my best. I’m playing a gig at St. Anthony’s if you want to come and hear me.’ ”
Bono couldn’t but asked if the job was a good one.
“I said, ‘Yeah, it’s a good, steady gig,’ and he said, ‘Music’s a good job if you can get the work.’ ”
Well! He should know!
Bono was reportedly on the reservation list at Strega in the North End last night and has told some of his new Boston buddies that he plans to catch one of the Pogues’ shows. (He and Shane MacGowan, the Irish folk-punk band’s frontman, are buds.)
Bono is also rumored to be popping by pal Dave Kavanaugh’s Celtic Woman show at the Wang Theatre tonight.
“I heard that, but I haven’t spoken to him,” Kavanaugh said. “I suppose I’d better call him.”

I think I would just friggin have a heart attack if I were standing on a corner minding my business and Bono rolled up and started chatting with me. Wow.

juggsalicious said:
its pavel sfera pretending again.

That was actually my first thought when I read that story on the @u2 site. Whoever it was, I'd bet money it wasn't Bono.

And why haven't any of these Bono impersonators cut their hair? You'd think if they're so fascinated with the guy, they'd actually try to look like he does now, as opposed to a year ago.

I agree, this sounds totally like a look-alike stunt. I half-believed that sighting in January--it was at a museum and it was low-key--but this doesn't sound "real" at all.

promenade said:
I agree, this sounds totally like a look-alike stunt. I half-believed that sighting in January--it was at a museum and it was low-key--but this doesn't sound "real" at all.

Right - it's attention seeking behaviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom