Bono in Boston?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LostAtMoon said:

Does anyone really want to comment this?
I can’t really understand how someone in this world can write this. The thing that I first remember is how Bono’s voice got into me before there even were pictures of him around. Suggesting that Pavel’s is even close, well, is an insult to my ears.:angry:

"dead ringer" etc was taken directly from pavel's website about himself, written by himself. he just reworded it recently, including apologies to those gullable peeps he fools on a daily basis by lying to their faces... but the "dead ringer" comment has been in several articles about him.
if pavel thinks he is a dead ringer - well, who really is the gullable one here???

God I love Google :wink:

I don't know what the date of this is, but he is claiming he never tells people he's Bono. And that the fooled the President of Ireland

http://www.sdreader.com/published/2006-06-22/blurt.html

"She thought I was Bono," says Pavel Sfera of Ireland's president. Sfera met her at a public appearance he made in Dublin last month. Sfera was in high school in 1982 when he started hearing the Bono comparisons, "But it really started happening in the last five years."

Sfera has an SDSU degree in city planning that he has never used. He works in property management and real estate and with Desire, San Diego's first U2 tribute band, which he started a year ago.

Sfera's gigs as a celebrity impersonator earn him the biggest paychecks. He retains an agent and a manager who have obtained work for him in TV and landed him public appearances in Puerto Rico, Las Vegas, and L.A. He earns between $200 and $600 per walk-on.

"I have done eight TV shows." On the Carson Daly show, he and other celebrity impersonators were rated on a scale of one to ten; Sfera received a ten. He characterizes his experience on Chelsea Handler's show as "crude and cheesy."

Sfera estimates there are at least a dozen Bono impersonators in U2 tribute bands.

"Sonically, I think some of the other singers do it better than myself," admits Sfera, who emigrated from Yugoslavia with his family.

"I never tell people that I'm Bono; I actually have a life. I don't do the Bono thing 100 percent with the exact same jacket, earrings, and haircut." Sfera says he's 5'8", two inches taller than Bono. "I'm 40 and he's 45." Similar to Bono, Sfera says he has been doing humanitarian work since high school.

"I spent the summer of '91 working with handicapped orphans in a Romanian village called Rimnicu Vilcea. I designed and built a playground using a student loan.... I helped build bathrooms for farmers in San Quintín [in Baja]."

MrsSpringsteen said:
91 was when he did his charity work

He says he's 40, so if this article is 91 he'd be 56 :wink:

How old is Bono now? I forget :reject: because he says Bono is 45

this is from 2005

:tsk: what kind of U2 fan are you

May 10, 1960... REMEMBER THAT DATE :madwife:

:wink: he'll be 47 this year...

Niamh_Saoirse said:

You know, I´m getting married next year so maybe I could hire him. After all, with the vast amount of alcohol we are gonna be drinking, he won´t look too bad. :wink:
:lmao: :hi5:

Well, I think Pavel looks a hell of a lot older than Bono anyway.

To tell you the truth, I've seen Pavel up close, and it ain't pretty.

I was like this :ohmy: when he turned around.

It was very scary indeed.

And before you start jumping on me, I met him once very very briefly at the U2 Fan Celebration in Ontario, California way back in October 2004. Way before all this weird shit started happening.

MrsSpringsteen said:
91 was when he did his charity work

and ONE charitable work i guess makes him a humanitarian huh... he speaks of this as if it was yesterday and today and tomorrow. what charitable works has he done in the last 16 years??? NADA... and you cant count his paid appearances for the handicap ya know - cuz he got paid for those.

hes a pathetic-arian, not a humanitarian.

sorry to ruin everyones weekend, but, these made me giggle... hope it doesnt spoil your appetites for din din...

pavel02.jpg
[/IMG]

pavel01.jpg
[/IMG]

Galeongirl said:

this is from 2005

:tsk: what kind of U2 fan are you

May 10, 1960... REMEMBER THAT DATE :madwife:

:wink: he'll be 47 this year...

Jaysus! 47? Time flies eh?

To me, he will always be 45. Don´t ask me why, but every time somebody asks how old Bono is I automatically reply 45. :lol:

:barf:

Impersonators, esp this creepy dude, creep me out. :|

However, the Bono lookalike in Hawaii was a sweetheart and never prtended to be him, as in he didn't mislead anyone into believing that he was the real deal!

Babydoll said:
:barf:

Impersonators, esp this creepy dude, creep me out. :|

However, the Bono lookalike in Hawaii was a sweetheart and never prtended to be him, as in he didn't mislead anyone into believing that he was the real deal!

Which one? I think there were a few out there. I peeked over and saw one lookalike along the rail on Edge's B stage.... Is that the one you're talking about?

Midwestgirl said:

Which one? I think there were a few out there. I peeked over and saw one lookalike along the rail on Edge's B stage.... Is that the one you're talking about?

Matt Easter is the one who was hired by the tour promoter to do all those promo parties for the package tour things. He had security with him and would pose for pictures but if anyone asked for an autograph they were immediately told he was not Bono and the security stepped forward to make sure that was understood. I think Matt sings much more like Bono than Pavel does. Also at one point Pavel said he would sign his initial P. so people would know he was not Bono, but that is also deliberately misleading because a lot of casual fans don't understand that Bono never uses his own first name of Paul so they would not automatically realise it was not Bono.

Dana

rihannsu said:

I think Matt sings much more like Bono than Pavel does. Also at one point Pavel said he would sign his initial P. so people would know he was not Bono, but that is also deliberately misleading because a lot of casual fans don't understand that Bono never uses his own first name of Paul so they would not automatically realise it was not Bono.

Dana

pavel doesnt sing. he screeches and wines like an alley cat in heat.

pavel has also said his name is paul. pavel=paul in romanian??? he also has called himself "pavel-o". how lame.

Originally posted by juggsalicious

"dead ringer" etc was taken directly from pavel's website about himself, written by himself. he just reworded it recently, including apologies to those gullable peeps he fools on a daily basis by lying to their faces... but the "dead ringer" comment has been in several articles about him.
if pavel thinks he is a dead ringer - well, who really is the gullable one here???

Thanks for clarifying that.

juggsalicious said:
pavel has also said his name is paul. pavel=paul in romanian???

Pavel does mean Paul:crack:. Just by google searching:

Pavel - Name Meaning and Origin
The boy's name Pavel \p(a)-vel\ is a variant of Paul.
The baby name Pavel sounds like Pavlo and Pavle. Other similar baby names are Pawel, Pauel, Havel, Pazel and Ravel.
Pavel is a very rare male first name and a popular surname (source: 1990 U.S. Census).

http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/1/Pavel

Midwestgirl said:

My husband, Geoffrey Knight, the Bono look-a-like I introduced you too earllier in the forum, was standing at the rail on Edge's B stage. We were also in the first pen for the giant sleep over before the show. So, he may be who you are thinking of. His website, Bonolookalike.org, has some photos from Hawaii if you want to see if he is who you are asking about. Another way you might be able to tell is Geoffrey does has the short hair cut. Like the post from Babydoll (I think), I, too, think he is very sweet. And he made it very clear to everyone he met in Hawaii, that he was NOT Bono.

peace said:

My husband, Geoffrey Knight, the Bono look-a-like I introduced you too earllier in the forum, was standing at the rail on Edge's B stage. We were also in the first pen for the giant sleep over before the show. So, he may be who you are thinking of. His website, Bonolookalike.org, has some photos from Hawaii if you want to see if he is who you are asking about. Another way you might be able to tell is Geoffrey does has the short hair cut. Like the post from Babydoll (I think), I, too, think he is very sweet. And he made it very clear to everyone he met in Hawaii, that he was NOT Bono.

:ohmy: With the shaved head, there's a bit of resemblance. :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom