Bono in blue jeans???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, now I'm huffy. What's all this "Bono looks worn poor Bono" crap? I think some of you younger people are expecting too much. He is 41, and that is NOT old, still he is not 27 anymore, and you can't expect him to look like the WOWY video anymore. I was in GA several times, and I was so close I could see his sweat, the blue in his eyes and the sparkle in them, the freckles on his face and every detail. I was amazed at how youthful and beautiful he looked, as a matter of fact I was with all 4 of them! They looked great in person, up close, under the bright lights. Of course, I am not a teenager anymore (I'm over 30) so I have a different standard of 'age' and 'worn out' than some of you younger ones do. Hey, if you don't like the way he looks, go for some young band like Creed and leave Bono to me. He's gorgeous just the way he is.
smile.gif

Now let's get back to the blue jeans. BTW I LOVE that pic of Bono in the tight acid washed jeans, what a hot sexy pose! Cool pants too! UF Bono rules, yeah 80's!
biggrin.gif

I don't know about anyone else, but I am NOT expecting Bono to look like he did during the late 80's or whatever era. What I meant by my post was just plainly that Bono looks TIRED. Like he hasn't slept for a week. That kind of thing. Nothing more.

------------------
"Don't call me Shirley." - Larry

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

What I was trying to say is that this 'tired' look is actually just the way his face looks now, it has changed with age and he has a few small wrinkles and bags under his eyes. I'm sorry girls, it's nothing against you, it's just that for months I've been reading this here and on the mailing lists and I think it's just the way he looks, and I'm tired of it. Some girls on the lists go 'oh poor baby I just want to take him home and pamper him and baby him blah blah' but what y'all are seeing is normal face of a very handsome 41 year old man. He looks fine to me. I also don't know why Bono is always hit with this rap, I mean don't they all get tired? I think they all look the same age, I don't think Larry looks young, they all look the age they are and very good for their age. I thought they were beautiful in the bright spotlight. I sure hope no one is pissed at me for this, I just felt the need to defend the guy and bring up that point. Sorry.

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

[This message has been edited by U2Kitten (edited 01-07-2002).]

[This message has been edited by U2Kitten (edited 01-07-2002).]

As I was looking though this thread, the song Forever in Blue Jeans by Neil Diamond started running though my head.

Money talks
But it don't sing and dance
And it don't walk
And long as I can have you here with me
I'd much rather be
Forever in blue jeans

Honey's sweet
But it ain't nothin' next to baby's treat
And if you pardon me
I'd like to say
We'll do okay
Forever in blue jeans

Maybe tonight
Maybe tonight, you and I
All alone by the fire
Nothing around
But the sound of my heart
And your sighs

Money talks
But it don't sing and dance
And it don't walk
And long as I can have you here with me
I'd much rather be
Forever in blue jeans, babe

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

Originally posted by U2Kitten:
What I was trying to say is that this 'tired' look is actually just the way his face looks now, it has changed with age and he has a few small wrinkles and bags under his eyes. I'm sorry girls, it's nothing against you, it's just that for months I've been reading this here and on the mailing lists and I think it's just the way he looks, and I'm tired of it. Some girls on the lists go 'oh poor baby I just want to take him home and pamper him and baby him blah blah' but what y'all are seeing is normal face of a very handsome 41 year old man. He looks fine to me. I also don't know why Bono is always hit with this rap, I mean don't they all get tired? I think they all look the same age, I don't think Larry looks young, they all look the age they are and very good for their age. I thought they were beautiful in the bright spotlight. I sure hope no one is pissed at me for this, I just felt the need to defend the guy and bring up that point. Sorry.

Maybe she just thought he *looked* tired, sheesh. I see the man in the London pics and I realize he's tired and distressed. Doesn't mean I don't think he's any less "hot" or whatever.

He looked like himself during the Pop era too, or at least how HE wanted to portray himself- yet he gets bagged for that (and yes, ditto for the mullet era, etcccc)

let's give each other a break from this tired subject please. I think we can all agree- i *hope* that is, that there's more to this band than their looks!!!

------------------
"Songs are the language of the spirit... the melodies are how you sing to God. It's a deep language. But they can't explain everything, because really great songs touch places that you can't explain." -Bono

U2 Take Me Higher

Jazz man bass man cool -bluey-

Originally posted by U2Kitten:
Okay, now I'm huffy. What's all this "Bono looks worn poor Bono" crap? I think some of you younger people are expecting too much. He is 41, and that is NOT old, still he is not 27 anymore, and you can't expect him to look like the WOWY video anymore. I was in GA several times, and I was so close I could see his sweat, the blue in his eyes and the sparkle in them, the freckles on his face and every detail. I was amazed at how youthful and beautiful he looked, as a matter of fact I was with all 4 of them! They looked great in person, up close, under the bright lights. Of course, I am not a teenager anymore (I'm over 30) so I have a different standard of 'age' and 'worn out' than some of you younger ones do. Hey, if you don't like the way he looks, go for some young band like Creed and leave Bono to me. He's gorgeous just the way he is.
smile.gif

Now let's get back to the blue jeans. BTW I LOVE that pic of Bono in the tight acid washed jeans, what a hot sexy pose! Cool pants too! UF Bono rules, yeah 80's!
biggrin.gif

Please don't get huffy. I'm not one of the "younger ones." As someone who hasn't seen him up close, I was just wondering what he looked like up close. That's all. No reason to get humpty about it. I love him either way. I'm just living vicariously through those who have been thatclose before.
No biggie.
wink.gif

NOOOO! No fighting in my jeans thread! Please? Pretty please???

*blocks out the noise and goes back to perusing Bono in jeans pics*

biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

-sula

No fightin' girlie
smile.gif

I was just re-stating what my intention was in the first place - hearing what people thought of him when they saw him up close.
'Tis all, my dear
smile.gif

Thanks Olive
smile.gif
And I hope this doesn't turn into a fighting match either, sula
frown.gif
Argh..

------------------

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

Originally posted by elevatedmole:
Thanks Olive
smile.gif
And I hope this doesn't turn into a fighting match either, sula
frown.gif
Argh..

Oh goodness gracious Mole I wasn't picking on you, just the issue in general. I've seen it so much. Didn't anyone bother to read my entire posts, yeesh! Oh brother, everyone can say anything rude they want but the minute I say something it's a 'fighting match
frown.gif
' oh please. Yeah this thread used to rule, and it's not ALL my fault it doesn't now. Sure would like to see more tight jeans, but I'm burned out for now. Bye.

eek.gif
It's no one's fault, and I am blaming no one and I refuse to see you all get upset at each other.
biggrin.gif
*grabs everyone and pulls them into a group hug*

No fighty! Lots of lovey! No taking sides!!!

See Bono? How can you fight when he's watching!
eek.gif

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
18098430taudLMgguf_ph.jpg

-sula

I agree with sula -- sorry all this happened.. I really didn't mean to put the blame on anyone. It seems like I've just been stoking fires today..

------------------

U2.. blindfolded.. aaaaaaaah..

------------------

No fighting ... pretty please.

Bono's only human ... even he gets tired (just like the rest of us). It's his humaness that makes him so appealing.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

Originally posted by Rainbow:
Just thought this pic is ummm... *interesting*... and there's a lot of blue in it, that's gotta count for something!
Bono%20era%20Rattle%20And%20Hum%20con%20ballerine.jpg

I bet money that's in Rio during the caranaval. Oh well just wanted to chime in and say Sula you started a very good thread.

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

Originally posted by mbi16:
Oh well just wanted to chime in and say Sula you started a very good thread.

*blushes*

Why thank you, mbi. I must say I'm likin' these photos.
biggrin.gif

!! oo yeah

hey baby

hey baby

------------------
~*Mona*~
a litle girl with Spanish eyes

A little less circuitry ** A little more poetry

YOU KNOW I BELIEVE IT

Originally posted by Rainbow:
bono_143.jpg

Oh my! Look at the shortness of Bono's sleeves! I guess as he got older, his sleeves got longer. When he's sixty, hs sleeves are going to be down to his knees.

------------------
Jessica

--Bono

--Bono

[This message has been edited by JessicaAnn (edited 01-07-2002).]

Just thought this pic is ummm... *interesting*... and there's a lot of blue in it, that's gotta count for something!
Bono%20era%20Rattle%20And%20Hum%20con%20ballerine.jpg

LOL.. Bono just can't keep his hands off women (and women don't want him to).
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by elevatedmole (edited 01-07-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom