Bono in Berlin today (11/03)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
edurban said:

You won't! Just try to speak about him as little as possible and post your most inner thoughts here.

My husband once asked me what I would do if Bono got through the door. I smiled and avoided to answer, so he got more and more upset. :sad:

I had to finally say that I would ask him to be friends because I really appreciate him as a person... which is true! Almost..:sexywink:

:lol: Thanks, I think I'll take your advice. :wink:

onekea said:
bono11032008-1-1.jpg
bono11032008-1.jpg

bono11032008-2.jpg

YAY!!!!! Thank you Onekea, Kelly and all who posted :kiss:

BONO!!!LOVE THIS MAN! LOVE THIS MAN! LOVE THIS MAN!!!:love:

bono11032008-5.jpg

Yup, that might be Bono's Easter chocolate bunny!!

**That reminds me of the time we were "lucky enough" to be let into the "secret rehersal" before the Vertigo tour and the U2 staff gave each one us a chocolate Eater egg :)
My friend claims to still have hers in the freezer 3 years later :lol:

Ooh, since my laptop broke on Monday I've been starved of fresh Bono pics and news, so thanks to everyone for the lovely new pics. :bow:

Bono is looking so fine! :drool: What's the story about the bell, was it just on the table and he couldn't resist picking it up and ringing it! :lol:

Bono can come and ring my bell any day!! :evil: :combust:

All in a day's work Bono's words ring true

By Anne-Marie Walsh
Wednesday March 12 2008

IT IS incredible what Bono can fit into a day, let alone a lifetime.

The U2 frontman amazed his fans yesterday when he phoned a 2FM radio show to defend his legendary voice during the school run.

Just hours later, he was appearing in photos ringing a bell with a bunch of German politicians in Berlin.

Bono's busy day began when he took the unusual step of ringing an early morning radio show while dropping his daughter to school.

Fans nearly choked on their breakfast when his unmistakable tones rang out over the airwaves.

The inexhaustible star took umbrage when he heard a report read out that claimed he was no longer up to singing his hit duet with Clannad singer Moya Brennan. Bono and the Donegal trad singer had a big hit with the haunting song 'In a Lifetime' in 1986.

The breakfast show crew had been pointing out that Moya's uncle Noel Duggan had said that Bono did not feel he had the voice for the duet anymore.

Bono laughed off the report when he phoned hosts Colm and Jim-Jim and insisted he could still hit the high notes.

"This is inter-band rivalry from those Donegal messers. They've always been putting it up and I'd say it's the uncles, or it could be the brothers Paul or Ciaran. We'll see but there could be trouble," he said.

Listeners initially thought it was a spoof until the singer burst into a jingle for the radio presenters.

Not one to get stuck in a moment for too long, Bono then jetted to Germany to give its politicians an earful.

During a speech to a parliamentary council meeting of the Social Democrats, he said Germany had not been shy about showing the world what values are worth fighting for.

Bono, seen above ringing the bell next to Peter Struck, parliamentary floor leader of the Social Democrats, to start the party's meeting said his visit to Berlin aimed to let them know that using money to fight poverty was helping.

"The good news, help works," Bono said, referring to a 2007 aid package he said could save up to four million lives in the coming three years.

The rock star also praised a debt relief law passed by the government of former Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder, which Bono said let another 29 million children in Africa attend school.

A spokesperson for U2 confirmed last night that Bono had picked up the phone to 2FM in Dublin yesterday, but was not aware of his more distant, later, appointment.

- Anne-Marie Walsh
(c) Irish Independent, 2008

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Even spokespeople for U2 can't keep up with Bono's schedule!

:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Back
Top Bottom