Bono in Berlin plus New article by Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good Luck 2U! I don't know if B is in Berlin already, haven't seen or heard anything yet, but I am sure we will soon see some pictures when the show has started (should be in around two hours).

Bono has arrived, the show has started. German RTL will show it at 8 p. m. No photos yet, but apparently there was some chaos going on outside on the red carpet.

2 pics I found on u2tour.de

BonoBeimEcho1.jpg

BonobeimEcho2.jpg

Very bad quality, sorry for that, I'm sure better pics will show up ^^

Thank you for the new pictures. Bono looks very good and it seems he has a new hairstyle and it's darker again.
Yes, that hair is something we constantly wonder about. :wink:
Good to see him, I hope he has a good time and the fans who went there will get a chance to meet him.

2007-03-25bonoechotgm.jpg

The only picture I've gotten, from so far. :sad:

Those shitty kiddies with their fu***** Tokyo Hotel and so on made it impossible to get closer.
He just got out of the car (some ammunition for his critics because he came in an Audi, not the VW Polo), gave a short interview and then this stupid Tokyo Hotel came in a ridiculously huge Mercede bus and he disappeared.
Sadly he didn't come our direction. :(

Thanks, Vincent Vega, sorry to hear you didn't get close to Bono. It must be quite an embarrassement for him to be on the same show with the likes of Tokyo Hotel. I am sure most of their fans (children) don't even know who he is.
Apart from that, I would love to hear his speech.

Aw, sorry VV...at least you were at the same place and got a picture!

Don't know Tokyo Hotel and it doesn't sound like I want to! :wink:

Bono Mot said:

Don't know Tokyo Hotel and it doesn't sound like I want to! :wink:
German pseudo-punk teenie band with a lot of under-aged fans, mostly female, fainting if only their name is mentioned and screaming themselves almost to death whenever they appear. :huh:

I think I'm getting too old for this shit, really.

Wow, Bono was great! :) Loved his speech! And I think they managed to get people interested in the German campaign "Deine Stimme gegen Armut" (sth like Make poverty history)! I'm proud to be a fan of FC Bono ;)
(The rest of the show was terrible, though... Poor Bono- had to suffer so much ;))

@ VV - sorry to hear that you didn't get nearer to him...

Yes, Tokyo Hotel fans on the one side, Jeanette Biedermann, Silbermond... fans on the other.
Hence, kindergarten.

No worries if you don't know any of these, it doesn't hurt, believe me.

And then these stupid Hip Hop idiots :mad:
Bono was the only class act there, apart from formerly Cat Stevens and maybe Mick Hucknall. :( It's embarrassing.

Bona Vox said:
Wow, Bono was great! :) Loved his speech! And I think they managed to get people interested in the German campaign "Deine Stimme gegen Armut" (sth like Make poverty history)! I'm proud to be a fan of FC Bono ;)
(The rest of the show was terrible, though... Poor Bono- had to suffer so much ;))

@ VV - sorry to hear that you didn't get nearer to him...

Yes, waiting about an hour in the car for this lame event.

Thank you all for the support :hug:

Dahlia said:
Tokio Hotel:

Bono looked so great :love: I fainted when he came onstage ^^No new pics tho [/B][/QUOTE]

Have you been inside, or watched it on TV?

Last edited:
Vincent Vega said:
Yes, Tokyo Hotel fans on the one side, Jeanette Biedermann, Silbermond... fans on the other.
Hence, kindergarten.

No worries if you don't know any of these, it doesn't hurt, believe me.

And then these stupid Hip Hop idiots :mad:
Bono was the only class act there, apart from formerly Cat Stevens and maybe Mick Hucknall. :( It's embarrassing.

German music industry is the worst one ever... I really suffered for more than 2 hours in front of the TV to see Bono ;) But it was worth it!
Mittermeier's speech about Bono was so great! He said he is a member of FC Bono *lol* So I am!

Mittermeier is great. A whole program of him is a bit hard, but all in all he is a very good comedian.
In Berlin 2001 the planned support band couldn't play (lucky fans) because of the rain, so Mittermeier went onstage before U2 was due to play and made some special for 45 minutes. I would have loved to see this.

I love Michael Mittermaier, and he is a really big U2 fan and has a lot of respect for Bono. I hope we will soon see some photos of them together on stage or a video of Bono's speech. I heard he even mentioned Tokio Hotel :madspit: , he is very well informed, knows everything. Said he will be at the G8 summit in June.
I agree that Bono is on a whole different level than most of the "stars" who appeared at the Echo show.

Your first post and
Niamh_Saoirse's post are empty for me :(

I will go to the G8 summit. Another chance to meet him. :)

Back
Top Bottom