Bono in Baden-Baden, German Media Prize

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Girl1978 said:
So we have Bono in Germany, Edge at Sundance and Adam wherever he is, maybe Larry is getting a haircut? :ohmy:

:reject: :lol:

Well, at the 23rd, Bono was in Dublin ---> Copenhagen ---> Baden-Baden, Edge was at the Sundance in Utah, Adam was in London and Larry... :shrug: ... could be at the hairdresser! :laugh:

ba7c81f2.jpg

:lmao:
:bono: Yes I speak perfectly good german *grabs headphones very quickly*

who is the dude saying all the stuff? and who's the other guy?
:ohmy:
THAT PICTURE IN THE BACKGROUND!
it is.. *the* Fly picture !!!!!! :drool: but they're only showing the head!(gee I wonder why :evil: )
when the dude says Bono's the biggest/greatest rock star of this era... Bono's face! Priceless :lol: he's like nooooo Im not! XD and he yawned :cute:
I really can follow only half of this. my german isn't what it used to be!
Bono starts applauding, whole audience too :lol:
that guy speaks funny english!
jesus this is still one hour left! oh well...

thanks to whoever posted the video! was great to hear Bonbo's speech...didnt understand a word of the German guy...except when he spoke english :|

and thanks for those GORGEOUS pics! :drool: :drool: :drool:

:drool: best quote of that speech?

"I am not a hippy.....i dont have flowers in my hair.....i am from punk rock!"

:rockon:

I finally reached the Bonospeech, but now it's being weird, making interrruptions each second :huh:
stupid thign!
also, am I being blind or is it the lightening or did Bono change shades between coming out of the plane and being there and speaking?
off the Plane I am pretty sure it were Orange shades(would be new color) but it might've been the lightening or so, cuz now it are the pink ones again!
:confused:]

:lmao: Bono's fancy footwear!

Last edited:
he got changed completely i think didnt he? because i seem to remember seeing in the plane pics the denim jacket and black tshirt underneath his coat

whereas on the other pics and video of the conference...he has the brown jacket, red glasses and a button-shirt.....and most notably minus the cowboy hat :wink:

nikkyjade said:
he got changed completely i think didnt he? because i seem to remember seeing in the plane pics the denim jacket and black tshirt underneath his coat

whereas on the other pics and video of the conference...he has the brown jacket, red glasses and a button-shirt.....and most notably minus the cowboy hat :wink:

yeah I noticed that too :D
anybody knows where he'll be tomorrow? (he said he'd meet merkel somewher ethis week... I assume that was today or so)
he's wearing his black shirt (half unbuttoned ofcourrse:drool: ) here... and the brownish blazer on it.. :) I think he indeed changed for the evening :drool: Posh Bono...

I'm sorry I can't help posting this
at 1:02:31
look at them! that german dude is a GIANT! and poor Bono reaching barely to his shoulder :giggle:
lil' man are cuuuute :D

Last edited:
the guy talking right before bono, was our former foreign minister, Joshka Fischer. his speech was brilliant. he's been a U2 fan for at least 20 years :)

the other one is the man who organizes those events every year.

they showed the whole thing on TV today here, with an awful translator talking over bono. it was so bad, i had to turn off the TV, he translated U2 as U-Two (U-Zwei) :huh:

oh btw he said he's meeting Merkel today and will take a bath in Baden-Baden :wink: and then he's off to Davos.

Last edited:
anjarw said:
the guy talking right before bono, was our former foreign minister, Joshka Fischer. his speech was brilliant. he's been a U2 fan for at least 20 years :)

the other one is the man who organizes those events every year.

they showed the whole thing on TV today here, with an awful translator talking over bono. it was so bad, i had to turn off the TV, he translated U2 as U-Two :huh:

oh btw he said he's meeting Merkel today and will take a bath in Baden-Baden :wink: and then he's off to Davos.

what's davos?
by the way, could you translate the piece Bono said in german :wink: I kinda understood what he said, but not exactly... I must say, he doesn't have THAT much of an accent there... that Joshka Fischer trying to speak english was worse :lol:
and I lolled over the bath thingy :Dawwww in the end, who are all the people B is hugging? he's such a big hugging bear :cute:

Fischer is actually really good in english, i mean he was foreign minister for a long time.

davos is in switzerland, the world economics forum is there this week :)

he said (in quite a good german btw): Wir wissen, dass uns die Probleme zuhause erreichen, wenn wir sie nicht woanders lösen.

which means: we know, that these problems will affect us at home, if we don't solve them somewhere else.

Back
Top Bottom