Bono in a towel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lemon Meringue

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I need your help, girls. I am looking for a picture of Bono in a towel for another list I'm on. I knew this would be the place to find it. Thanks in advance! (I'm looking forward to it - heh, heh.)

------------------
Cheers!
Meringue

spiralstairs.jpg

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
PLEBANs do not disappoint when it comes to the U2 pictures.
wink.gif

No doubt about that. You are the picture posting QUEENS! (and I love it) That recent Bono's earring post was quite enjoyable.

bo-ab25.jpg

------------------
~"A little out of touch, little insane, just easier than dealin' with the pain!" ~Soul Asylum, "Runaway Train"

~**The LONE She-Wolf of PLEBA!**~

Ok, I know the story behind the first towel pic, but does anyone know where the candid one comes from???

------------------
"Take for a while
your trumpet from your lips

Loosen your hold,
loosen your grip

On your old ways that have
fallen out of step
with the change in time

Hoist a new flag
Hoist a new flag."
-- Birds Without Wings, David Gray

Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic:
Ok, I know the story behind the first towel pic, but does anyone know where the candid one comes from???

Some paparazzi creep hiding in a tree......

Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic:

stormy, have you been stalking bono again?!?
wink.gif

lies, tell the story. i don't know it...PLEASE?

------------------
love is blindness
i don't want to see
won't you wrap the night around me
o my heart
love is blindness

Originally posted by Stories for Boys:
stormy, have you been stalking bono again?!?
wink.gif

lies, tell the story. i don't know it...PLEASE?

k, Laura, Its in my book, remember?...

*sprints two flights of stairs, hurdles the mess that is my bedroom...*

::ahem::

March 16, 1992, The Four Seasons Hotel, Boston. BP Fallon speaking:

"We gather in Bono's suite. He's scored the two-floor extravaganza with the sprial stair case. The only snag being that whoever in the posse gets the best gaff - like Bono tonight - also gets the parties and the prayer meetings. Tonight's not one of the great parties. Our host greets the earliest arrivals clad in a white towel. We're here to gawk at The Oscars on TV and before the great event - which interests you as much as THe Collected Philosophy Of Engelbert Humperdink's Toenails - you play Neil Young And Crazy Horse doing 'Over and Over' from 'Ragged Glory' which you find in Bono's CD player, then bang it to Niel whining splendidly "Why do I keep on fuckin' up?" "I love that song," the now-dressed Bono shouts from the other side of the room across the clatter of conversation and the tinkle of champagne glasses, "I should've written that song," he laughs loudly....." "

------------------
"Take for a while
your trumpet from your lips

Loosen your hold,
loosen your grip

On your old ways that have
fallen out of step
with the change in time

Hoist a new flag
Hoist a new flag."
-- Birds Without Wings, David Gray

o yeah

<=bad short term memory

laura: what? alcohol...i don't know what you're talking about...*blush*

Bono in a towel=oh yeah!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
When you stop taking chances and stay where you sit you won't live any longer but it'll feel like it!

Originally posted by *Stormy*:
bo-ab25.jpg

I remember when I first saw this pic in the Popmart era. I found it on a brazilian site... they also had the pictures of Bono jogging, walking with his bodyguard and Guggi. I don't know if you girls have seen them, if not, I'll post them. Anyway, when I first saw this pic, my jaw dropped and I was very happy of course. My dad came to see me and I told him that it was a pic that the papparazzi took of Bono. He said:"It's a good thing that he had a towel". I remember thinking "I wish he hadn't"... I don't think he quite understands what I want from Bono. When my dad saw the video of me and Bono rolling together he said:"I'm sure you would of preferred to slow dance with him"... I was like:"Yes... that is true..." I think he doesn't want to think I have impure thoughts... it's a good thing he can't read my mind...

------------------
"Forgive me Father!"
- Bono on May 28th after rolling around with me :)

Originally posted by Melpop:
I think he doesn't want to think I have impure thoughts... it's a good thing he can't read my mind...

and that's why i just don't talk to my parents...

parents: listening to u2?
laura: *turns up music*

------------------
love is blindness
i don't want to see
won't you wrap the night around me
o my heart
love is blindness

I remember when I first saw this pic in the Popmart era. I found it on a brazilian site... they also had the pictures of Bono jogging, walking with his bodyguard and Guggi. I don't know if you girls have seen them, if not, I'll post them. Anyway, when I first saw this pic, my jaw dropped and I was very happy of course. My dad came to see me and I told him that it was a pic that the papparazzi took of Bono. He said:"It's a good thing that he had a towel". I remember thinking "I wish he hadn't"... I don't think he quite understands what I want from Bono. When my dad saw the video of me and Bono rolling together he said:"I'm sure you would of preferred to slow dance with him"... I was like:"Yes... that is true..." I think he doesn't want to think I have impure thoughts... it's a good thing he can't read my mind...

Hey, what's the deal with the video?!!?? Is there really a video? IF so, what in the heck are you doing in it? Why are you rolling around? What's the deal!?!?!? You rolled around with BONO!?!?!?!?
WHAT"S GOING ON!?!?!??!?!?!?

I'm soooooo young and confused........
not to mention very gullable?!?!?!

Originally posted by stephannv:

Hey, what's the deal with the video?!!?? Is there really a video? IF so, what in the heck are you doing in it? Why are you rolling around? What's the deal!?!?!? You rolled around with BONO!?!?!?!?

She sure did! He pulled her up onstage and rolled all over her! I'll let her do the honor of telling you the story!
biggrin.gif

I thought that towel pic was AB era?
confused.gif

Originally posted by *Stormy*:
bo-ab25.jpg

Dammit...
I should come by here MUCH more often..
eek.gif
eek.gif

This is one thudworthy pic...*drool*
Here cometh the 7 pounder in a towel...
Thanks MANY times over for sharing that pic.
oxoxoxo
Autumn

Originally posted by stephannv:

ok... well.. my story can be found here:
http://melpop.freeservers.com

and the video here:
http://www.multimania.com/melpop/capture.wmv

What was I doing onstage rolling around? Ask Bono... I still don't know why he layed me down over him and rolled with me...

------------------
"Forgive me Father!"

I don't think he quite understands what I want from Bono. When my dad saw the video of me and Bono rolling together he said:"I'm sure you would of preferred to slow dance with him"... I was like:"Yes... that is true..." I think he doesn't want to think I have impure thoughts... it's a good thing he can't read my mind...

Haha... My parents are the same way. My mom once had an arguement with my brother about whether I thought Bono was hot or not, while I just sat there listening.
biggrin.gif
*angel*

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

ok... well.. my story can be found here:
http://melpop.freeservers.com

and the video here:
http://www.multimania.com/melpop/capture.wmv

What was I doing onstage rolling around? Ask Bono... I still don't know why he layed me down over him and rolled with me...

I just read your story about you and Bono......oh my mother..............
where was I when all this happened??
I'd never heard of your encounter before...
it totally made my day........
you were laying on top of Bono....

speechless............

Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:
I just read your story about you and Bono......oh my mother..............
where was I when all this happened??
I'd never heard of your encounter before...
it totally made my day........
you were laying on top of Bono....

speechless............

It happened on a beautiful night of May (the 28th of 2001) in the great city of Montreal
smile.gif

------------------
"Forgive me Father!"

Melpop-I read your story again....this time I also looked at the pictures, and you look a bit like Mrs.Hewson (Ali) herself.
It's almost a bit scary how you look like her...
I'm still getting excited over your story..
Oh, and his cologne....is it really Dune by Christian Dior?
If so...I think I'll be stopping by the Bon on the way to work tomorrow. I'll spray myself and smell like Bono all day at work
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Mrs.Clayton (edited 04-19-2002).]

Melpop-I read your story again....this time I also looked at the pictures, and you look a bit like Mrs.Hewson (Ali) herself.
It's almost a bit scary how you look like her...
I'm still getting excited over your story..
Oh, and his cologne....is it really Dune by Christian Dior?
If so...I think I'll be stopping by the Bon on the way to work tomorrow. I'll spray myself and smell like Bono all day at work
wink.gif

Yes... everybody says that I look like her... it's a freaking thing.... oh well...

And yeah... it's really Dune... I had Dune all over me... when I was running outside screaming, I could smell Dune... I was like:"This means it was true!!!"

------------------
"Forgive me Father!"

What does Dune smell like???
Do you own a bottle to spray yourself for "reminders" of Bono????

No... but... often me or one of my still-overjoyed friends go and get me a little sample... It's really sad!

I can't tell you what Dune smells like... all I know is that Dune mixed with a little Bono sweat = heaven to me...

------------------
"Forgive me Father!"

bonorobe.jpg

This is one of my absolute favourite pic of him. Both that he's in a bathrobe AND the way he sits in the chair. That's my favouriteposition and to see him sit like that.... *faints*

MissZ - today lovesick

Wow Mel... I heard about your Bono experience a while ago, but I was never able to view your video until now. How unreal! You will never forget about that day. Wow. You had a HUGE smile on your face. Wow! It looked like he kept you up there longer than you expected. It looked like you were ready to go back into the crowd and he kept you up there longer. Wow. Any future U2 shows will never live up to that experience. Wow. How great that someone filmed it or people might not believe it. Wow. Did it seem like time just stood still or did it go really fast? Did I say Wow? Wow.

------------------
Cheers!
Meringue

[This message has been edited by Lemon Meringue (edited 04-22-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom