Bono...greatest celebrity humanitarian?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did you know that Angelina gives one third of her total earnings to causes that promote dignity and aid in the lives of others? That's extremely generous. I have voted continually for Bono, but I'm not feeling bad about him being in second place. He wouldn't care.
He's first in our book.

Val said:
Did you know that Angelina gives one third of her total earnings to causes that promote dignity and aid in the lives of others?

That's lovely, but how is it that we know that? How is that such public knowledge?

Just asking....

I saw an interview (NBC perhaps) where she was asked if it was true, and she answered yes. She also added that it wasn't a big deal since she makes lots of money and she lacks nothing. She really impressed me with her honesty and candor.

Believe it Ms Purrl. We are desperate for anything u2 at this point.

Val said:
Did you know that Angelina gives one third of her total earnings to causes that promote dignity and aid in the lives of others? That's extremely generous. I have voted continually for Bono, but I'm not feeling bad about him being in second place. He wouldn't care.
He's first in our book.

Its not the 'crumbs off brange's table' these people want, its trade. Plenty of people give money to charity, but few of them do the work that Bono does trying to get them equal rights, trade and medication.

We don't know how her $ is used, and I doubt one third of a movie star's salary is crumbs.
Being a UN ambassador to Africa, she's out there making noise, getting world attention to the needs of Africa, and that's a good thing. That takes time and smarts. I'm not trying to compare, but should we really care about who has the popular vote. Just my opinion.
Have to go ...must vote for Bono.
:wink:

Last edited:
Count on Society to cheapen charity

:madspit:

What is hurting Bono's credibility in both activism and in Rock and Roll is that he is doing both. Sure he has admirer's on both sides but huge detractor's as well.

On the humanitarian scale; he won't be a able to take it to the next level until he makes is a full time gig after quitting rock and roll. And celebrity popularity contest humanitarian lists don't help.

Val said:
Believe it Ms Purrl. We are desperate for anything u2 at this point.

If all you want is "anything u2", why not listen to a U2 CD, watch a U2 DVD, watch/listen to U2 videos on the many sites available, look at the thousands of pictures on PLEBA, surf other U2 web sites, read an actual book? Voting in a poll where each person can cast multiple votes, and then exhorting others to vote multiple times, means nothing and wastes your time. But if that's how you want to spend your time, fine. I'm just sayin' . . . .

MsPurrl said:

If all you want is "anything u2", why not listen to a U2 CD, watch a U2 DVD, watch/listen to U2 videos on the many sites available, look at the thousands of pictures on PLEBA, surf other U2 web sites, read an actual book? Voting in a poll where each person can cast multiple votes, and then exhorting others to vote multiple times, means nothing and wastes your time. But if that's how you want to spend your time, fine. I'm just sayin' . . . .

Did I somehow offend you? I could be offended by your last post. But I've decided not to let it bother me. After all, you don't really know me.
Have a good week, MsPurrl.

Last edited:
tpsglick2424 said:
Ok, now we are losing by almost 800..

This is getting personal:mad:

I think we can safely say 'au revoir' to all hopes of Bono winning.
But it was fun while it lasted :up:

Val said:

Did I somehow offend you? I could be offended by your last post. But I've decided not to let it bother me. After all, you don't really know me.
Have a good week, MsPurrl.

I was not offended, Val. Earlier in the thread, you had mentioned that you were "desperate for anything u2 at this point." I was merely trying to offer some suggestions about things you could do to appease your hunger. You are correct: I don't really know you--as you do not know me. If you did, you would have known that I was only trying to help.

You have a good week, too. :)

Back
Top Bottom