Bono...greatest celebrity humanitarian?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bonocomet said:
The people at Hello obvioulsy wanted to make sure B&A won by putting them in a box together, that way when they won they can do a big gaggy piece about them, they probably had it all ready to go, and got scared once they saw Bono would have passed them up easily had they left it to the real voters, so they are probably doing all the B&A voting themselves. In reality B&A each only have half the votes Bono got, so I still think at least we showed them who is really #1 all by himself. :D

We sure did! And really, 3rd place is REALLY far behind Bono's votes. Thats pretty fantastic.

I'm not being rude or anything but why should Brangelina get the greatest human...w.e its called award thingy? I havent seen or heard anything they have done for africa and what others things you do. If that makes sense.

U2_Dudette said:
I'm not being rude or anything but why should Brangelina get the greatest human...w.e its called award thingy? I havent seen or heard anything they have done for africa and what others things you do. If that makes sense.

well, angelina is ambassador for Unicef... I haven't seen brad do much other than pose with Bono for the one campaign...
and ofcourse, it's sooo important that they wanted their child to be born in africa... yea, that's REALLY adding up to humanitarian actions... :blahblah:

yea, I don't know either why they're on top... but it's unfair that they're together, Angelina alone would've been fair... but this is not....

but it's usually this way in polls for Bono and U2.... they never win... but at least they're not one day flies, and their fans know the truth about what they do... they care, and I think that's the most important thing for the band.

Galeongirl said:

well, angelina is ambassador for Unicef... I haven't seen brad do much other than pose with Bono for the one campaign...
and ofcourse, it's sooo important that they wanted their child to be born in africa... yea, that's REALLY adding up to humanitarian actions... :blahblah:

yea, I don't know either why they're on top... but it's unfair that they're together, Angelina alone would've been fair... but this is not....

but it's usually this way in polls for Bono and U2.... they never win... but at least they're not one day flies, and their fans know the truth about what they do... they care, and I think that's the most important thing for the band.

Oh rite, I didnt know angelina was ambassdor for unicef, w.e that is, hehe. I'm sure Bono wouldnt be bothered if he didnt get it anyways so, meh, nevermind

The whole 'giving birth in africa' thing irritates me..because they did it as if to say 'everyone else should take heed and do this too.' But they went to a poor country, that had few supplies anyway that most normal people like us couldnt afford to go and give birth in. At least Bono in his humanitarian efforts speaks to us, the people, and asks of us things that are possible - like joining the one campaign and putting pressure on governments. Thats actually making a difference..

partygirlvox said:
The whole 'giving birth in africa' thing irritates me..because they did it as if to say 'everyone else should take heed and do this too.' But they went to a poor country, that had few supplies anyway that most normal people like us couldnt afford to go and give birth in. At least Bono in his humanitarian efforts speaks to us, the people, and asks of us things that are possible - like joining the one campaign and putting pressure on governments. Thats actually making a difference..

agreed, and U2_dudette, Unicef is an organisation for children mostly, against poverty and such...

I do believe that Angelina's efforts for Unicef are sincere, but I really have my doubt about why on earth she wanted to have her baby there... :huh:

Galeongirl said:

agreed, and U2_dudette, Unicef is an organisation for children mostly, against poverty and such...

I do believe that Angelina's efforts for Unicef are sincere, but I really have my doubt about why on earth she wanted to have her baby there... :huh:

oh rite.......thanks for explaining what it was =D

Actually, Angelina is a UN Ambassador for the UNHCR, which is the branch of the UN which helps refugees around the world.

She has been doing that for at least five years now (she probably also does some activities for UNICEF).

While I really don't have an opinion on why the Jolie-Pitts had to have their daughter born in Africa, I do know that Namibia has had a lot of increased interest and tiurist business since Angelina and Brad were there and the Namibians are pleased.

But I still think Bono should win. :bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

That is "tourist business" in Namibia :wink:

Sometimes my head is faster than my fingers. :lol:

Anyone have other polls we could join into for Bono to stress ourselves out for another 2 weeks? :wink:

good idea tpsglick ... i really need a project to cure my boredom right now :lol:

I think we have a spy lurking this thread. I feel like anytime somebody mentions we are gaining, all of a sudden within minutes the spread is increased by at least 100.

[cough] tps [cough]

I was kidding earlier!!! I even downloaded 4 different browsers to vote for Bono, insulting:angry:

bonocomet said:
The people at Hello obvioulsy wanted to make sure B&A won by putting them in a box together, that way when they won they can do a big gaggy piece about them, they probably had it all ready to go, and got scared once they saw Bono would have passed them up easily had they left it to the real voters, so they are probably doing all the B&A voting themselves. In reality B&A each only have half the votes Bono got, so I still think at least we showed them who is really #1 all by himself. :D

It's like what I said right from the beginning, a totally unfair pole of two against one! :madwife: Sould never have been allowed!! :rant:

oh What!!!?? B&A have got 8000 :huh:
WTF is going on??!! :grumpy:

where is the Jolie messageboards, i wanna see what tricks they're up to :madwife:

Its still going on?!
I think we should make our own best humanitarian poll.
(with Bono being the only person you can vote for :wink: )

Galeongirl said:
:(

1. Brad and Angelina

8031 votes

2. Bono

7566 votes

it IS still going on btw!

The ONLY way we coud win now is if we have cheats (and if this isnt a fix)

GG, could you please explain a little better with the cookies because I tried deleting and everything else but it doesn't work....

Bono Burger is back! :drool:

tpsglick2424 said:

The ONLY way we coud win now is if we have cheats (and if this isnt a fix)

GG, could you please explain a little better with the cookies because I tried deleting and everything else but it doesn't work....

Bono Burger is back! :drool:

Right - whats this I hear about cookie deleting? It won't let me do that, as soon as I do the page refuses to reload. Am I doing something wrong?
(This thing is fixed so we havent got a hope in hell, but its nice to try!)

That avator rocks, might I add :drool:

Back
Top Bottom