Bono Finally Receives His Knighthood!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Similar photos slightly different view..

bono-knighthood-07.jpg

bono-knighthood-06.jpg

Thanks everybody for the pictures, the videos and all the information.
I’m truly very proud of Bono.:D He really deserves all this :heart:. I’m thrilled that he mentioned the award they received in Portugal – the Order of Liberty :hyper:. I’m also very happy that Ali was there with him and they look so happy :cute:.
I hope we will be able to see pictures of Edge and Morleigh, too.

Last edited:
bonocomet said:
I'm loving all these great pics. Thanks so much everyone! :)

and thank you for this thread Jamila. This made my day! :happy:

Thank you for remembering me in this thread, bonocomet. :sexywink:

I'm just glad that this thread didn't disappear from PLEBA.

I found the story about little John thinking that his father was going to become a Jedi the funniest thing that I've heard in sometime - but a bit sad for John.

LOVE AND PEACE. CoeXisT.

:bonodrum: :hi5:

They look lovely, Ali looks great and love her outfit, but sheesh, what's with the shoes??? Please, give me some cash and I'll go buy some nice Manolos for you! :D

Oh wow. I am just so incredibly proud of him :heart:

And he and Ali both look lovely :love: I'm gonna be going through this thread soon and picking photos for dewatermarking, so be on the lookout for that.

Also, a few random observations:

Bono's had a haircut since he was in Germany :up:
He's wearing a diamond stud in one ear :drool:
He's got some kind of huge purple ring on, which reminds me of Captain Jack Sparrow :lol:
Ali's shoes amaze me, and it looks like she's got some kind of ankle bracelet on :up: (or maybe she got a tattoo! :ohmy: :lol: )

All his kids were there, they just don't like to be photographed, or Bono and Ali don't want them to be photographed. Edge and Adam were there as well, Edge with Morgleigh I have heard, and there are no photos of them either. Here's the link to a longer article on CNN dot com. The thing about John thinking Bono would be a Jedi cracks me up. So lovely.
http://edition.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/03/29/bono.knight.ap/index.html

DreamOutLoud13 said:
There's a chance the kids only stayed for the actual ceremony inside, not the speech and stuff outside, where most of the photos were taken :shrug:
Yes, that's a possibility. You can see on one of the photos that was taken of Bono and Ali when they were leaving that they were alone in the car.

I know it's their privacy and all and we all need to respect that, but honestly I would have loved to see new pictures of his beautiful children.

:giggle: poor little John.... ah well, no Jedi as daddy yet :lmao:

:love: at last! I didn't know about this till my father suddenly told me when I got home for 30 minutes to eat before going back tgo school.... I was like :shocked: omg, that took them a loooong time!

:love: I'm proud of Bono, and I'd call him demi-god anytime :wink:

Back
Top Bottom