Bono duck!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
~BrightestStar~ said:
Well..will you look at that...

bonoduck.jpg

:wink:

:laugh:

Thanks Brightest! That's one lucky duck!

That justs sounds so funny, the idea that some people don't actually know about the V sign!!!! I don't mean for that to be rude, btw but it's just weird to me that it doesn't seem to be known abroad! He's doing that as if to say :censored: you, most definitely!! Tell them where to go Bono!! :up: :macdevil:

Mind you, i had never heard of the US version, so am i as ignorant? :reject: :uhoh:

I thought the thread was going to be someones' pet duck called Bono! :wink: :laugh:

Yes, BS that is very funny: Throw yourself at Bono!!

Just to add a little history.... The V sign, the forks, whatever you want to call it... originated because the archers during battles were very good at killing people, but were too far away for retalliation. When the other side captured archer prisoners, rather than execute them or keep them, they cut off the two fingers that held the bow string back. from there originated the V sign, meaning "I still have my two fingers, you can't beat me, get f*ed."

Don't do it in Australia unless you want to tell someone off either.
We are very Irish in a lot of ways due to all the Irish convicts and immigrants shipped out here over the past 2oo years of so.

And they're still coming today, except now its by choice of course!

Brightest - Lots of people casually give the v sign in Britain!

I wouldn't avoid it too much! Only when someone really hacks you off though, know what i mean! Dave C needs a bit of that!:mad:

That's how a lot of people commonly refer to it yes!

I don't know, maybe i don't know about some 'in' joke between those two or something?

Hmm, maybe! I used to know a guy who was probably a lot like Dave C! Sure of themselves, you know&joking around with saying Scotlands' a crap place, etc! But, you always did FEEL that deep down he was a nice guy really! I mean he did actually go nuts for cats so there was an opinion around that maybe that meant he would just kid, but the way he was always all over his cats&kittens........ awwww nice boy really!

Guys putting on a macho, tough front AAAH!!!

Still, Bono ain't afraid to show his tender side!! :cute:

u2bonogirl said:
:lol: I didnt know thats what that hand gesture meant!
remind me never to do that when Im in europe :ohmy:

I had no idea, either! And here I thought he was just giving the peace sign. I was thinking wow, what self-control!:lol:

wow where was I when this thread was started. Throwing things at bono (other than ourselves) is really unacceptable, what a loser.
I also didn't know about the V thingy...I like it much better than our "bird".
THis thread also reminds me of the fury I felt when I saw a "Kill Bono" t-shirt for sale on Ebay......:madspit: kill the bastard that made the shirt....

THis thread also reminds me of the fury I felt when I saw a "Kill Bono" t-shirt for sale on Ebay......:madspit: kill the bastard that made the shirt....
You did? :tsk:
Bono talking about funeral plans and a t-shirt... this is no good :no: .

LostAtMoon said:

You did? :tsk:
Bono talking about funeral plans and a t-shirt... this is no good :no: .

Yeah, that shirt sucked! I saw the bono funeral plan thingy...its alittle scary and sad to think about. I guess he likes to be prepared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom