Bono discussing global poverty today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
u2jesusgirl said:
dc3.jpg

dc2.jpg

HOLY WOW!!!! YUMMMMMMMMY!!!

Thank you for these pics Dion :wave:

kellyahern said:

:bono: Now let's see ... how do I get to the congress ... first to the left, then to the right, then to the left again ... or is it first to the right then to the left then ...???? :confused: ... oh no wait I think I got it ... it's .... oh no I think I'm holding the map the wrong way ..... errr I think I'm lost ..... :help:

last unicorn said:

:bono: Now let's see ... how do I get to the congress ... first to the left, then to the right, then to the left again ... or is it first to the right then to the left then ...???? :confused: ... oh no wait I think I got it ... it's .... oh no I think I'm holding the map the wrong way ..... errr I think I'm lost ..... :help:

LOL!!! Im sure there are quite a few PLEBAns that would be more than happy to guide Mr.B to his meeting :)

OR NOT!!!:evil:

mysterious_jen said:

oh my god .........

his hands on those leather chairs ... :combust:

:D ...are you going to banquet, mysterious_jen? ;)

...I don't want to know from what you'll get down...:macdevil: :angel:

BonoFox1 said:

Val, hun if you can still use the avi Lila made hers is different more close up
I made my avi as soon as the pic was posted I just loved the colors and design of the ceiling

Thank you, BonoFox1.

Wow, what a nice surprise to see not only pictures, but VIDEO of the drop dead gorgeous Bono, still here in America. He is looking QUITE sharp.
Yes, the voice, the hands....
BUT- No Bonosleeves. He must have been marched into the tailors' dressing room.....
:drool: :drool: *thinking of Bono standing still, taking in a little here, letting out a little there.*
Great captions, girls. We only tease those we love.

WHERE WILL HE TURN UP NEXT?????:waiting:

dmalezi said:
WHERE WILL HE TURN UP NEXT?????

My cousin is hoping he'll turn up at the Springsteen show this Saturday night in Philly. She's going. I'll be soooo jealous if he does! :tongue:

thats what i thought. so i want to go so badly.
is he still in DC!??!
Because my mom and sister are there on a school trip. :|

Originally posted by dmalezi
WHERE WILL HE TURN UP NEXT?????

My cousin is hoping he'll turn up at the Springsteen show this Saturday night in Philly. She's going. I'll be soooo jealous if he does

That would be:combust:
PLEASE be ready with video tape PLEASE (someone, anyone)

last unicorn said:

Thanks a lot JC, but - as usual - there's only sound, no video for me (with each single video on this website, only black screen for me) ... so maybe someone could make a video file for download out of this? Would be very much appreciated.

Try here, last unicorn. I've watched it today. Don't worry if it doesn't work at the moment: all the site seems to have problem this evening. Maybe you'll have to try later.

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=49750&cl=4357050&ch=68276&src=news

onekea, you really must have read my mind, because I just visited the exact same site you gave the link to in order to look for the video, and there it was and I was able to watch it. Thanks a lot! Great video, great speech by Bono, just look how all the politicians are surrounding him and hanging on his lips.

EdgeIsTooSexy said:

thats what i thought. so i want to go so badly.
is he still in DC!??!
Because my mom and sister are there on a school trip. :|

Could Bono be the suprise guest for the 2nd Philly show? I'm thinking maybe since there is such a history of them performing together there. Maybe wishful thinking! Plus Bruce has a few nights off after so they could partay! My cousin better call me from her cell phone. After all I'm the one here watching her kids! :madwife:
He could be anywhere EITS with that private jet. Just so he doesn't actually pilot it, like John Travolta does! :yikes:

I was originally in a Leadership seminar to fulfill my senior politics requirement and the class required working with a group on studying a current issue and setting up appointments on Capitol Hill to meet with people who work with that issue. Unfortunately, I was stuck with a group of idiots and was stuck doing the summer work, therefore I dropped it. Well, I have never regretted anything so much in my life, the appointments were going on yesterday and today :mad: :sad:

Another tour stop in "Bono's America", and this one will perhaps be the most magical of all.

To look at these, and watch this footage, you would never know how nightmarish a place Congress has become these days....

...a place where Democrats routinely enthusiastically vote in favor of pro-Iranian War resolutions (the recent Kyl-Lieberman Amendment and others)....where they knuckle under like limp dolls and refuse to do their duty to subpenoa criminals like Alberto Gonzales to justice....where SCHIP failed, a no-brainer bill if ever there was one (children's health care!), and Democrats join Republicans in refusing to overcome Bush's veto of another version....where bills supporting torture, legalized wiretapping, "Extrordinary rendition", the Gestapo-style illegal immigrant raids (1,300 people rounded up from schools, homes, McDonald's, etc, and deported 2 days ago, in one massive sweep, in Cali) the criminal behavior of Blackwater USA, are applauded by Dems....where Henry Waxman sags like a jellyfish in the heat of Cheney's blackmail and can't seem to get anyone under the spotlight, much less newly classified documents back into the open..where Republicans and Democrats do not even hang out together socially anymore, they hardly ever speak to each other, the place has become a $(%(% FORTRESS with clouds of mutual hatred hanging in the air like clouds of Zyklon B, poisoning the fabric of the body politic. Things have NEVER been so dark....we are presently paralyzed by corruption, infighting, inertia, and fear, as we have perhaps never before been in our history..not since the Civil War, anyway.

And yet, when Bono walks into the place, it's like a ray of purest sunlight. Looking at those pics, and esp watching the video, you can catch the faintest whiff of what the place used to be like. A place to lookup to and admire and even believe for one slight moment that if you learned your civic duty and made your voice be heard, you COULD make a difference. Those paintings, and gorgeous wall murals, you admire them again, and forget that Flight 93 didn't crash there, as Bin Laden had planned, and almost happened.

The smiles on the faces of those Senators (some of whom, maybe, could be U2 fans? Some of the Blue Dog Democrats are younger than he is!:ohmy: ) must indicate they felt this way also. Never mind that Biden is working the room so shamelessly he may as well put on Bono's shades and pick up a guitar. Never mind that Lugar is an anachronism, a dinosaur from a kinder, gentler age, and his name is not often in the headlines these days; he has lost the power to tame his party. Never mind all of who is attempting to use who. Never mind, even, that Bono may genuienly enjoy, in his own way, playing his brand of politics,a nd even the memory of the man who walked up the Capitol steps wearing combat fatigues and an army hat has faded.

He is an Elder Statesman now.

But look at those smiles, listen to his voice, and above all, see the light in his eyes. Whatever he may have outwardly become, inside, he is the same person. "What happened to the beauty I had inside of me?" he asked on the last album, and indeed he has acquired the worldly veneer of those who mingle with power too much. That delicate balance of Earth and Spirit that he had until about 15 yrs ago has faded, and the shell is armor now.

But never fully....the "beauty" is still there. Even if he has to choose when to show it, at least we know he can and will. The possibility of the future is there, and it could still be if not better than today, at least it will still be a sane place. So we can see he still believes. And that's my incense, my Miracle Drug. We'd better treasure this as long as we can, folks. We don't know how much longer we'll have it.

I cannot help but think that these scenes will become sepia-tinted in time, and not too long from now. After we attack Iran, Bono may well bloody those lovely hands of his with fist-smashing (as he alluded to in his speech.) Keats's Widening Gyre will whirl and contract again, and like a chimera, this too will pass. These images will swirl and vanish, as if borne on the ripples of the sea. Bono will come to Congress again, but a year from now, because of what we will do, he will be changed, changed utterly.

Pray God he will still be able to look up at the ceiling and see the colors....as well as stand in the hallways and brood.

Last edited:
*PHEW* and after all that speechifying, I go back and look at the pic of the pages, and notice that he's still wearing THE SHOES.

:laugh:

I just happened upon this online-aw, how sweet

Bono: Flowers for Pelosi?
October 4

Courtesy call

U2 front man Bono strode through the U.S. Capitol bright and early Wednesday morning, carrying a large bouquet of white and pink long-stemmed roses.

Dressed in black and wearing his trademark tinted shades, the rocker-turned-humanitarian cut through a nearly empty Statuary Hall, entourage in tow, and took a left into the office of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif.
There was no official agenda, according to her aides — it was just a courtesy call. They discussed “Africa, global AIDS funding, etc.,” a witness said.

The two power players and their entourages later bumped into each other as Bono headed for a meeting with a senator and Pelosi walked back to the House after a Senate-side news conference. Bono greeted Pelosi warmly, whispering something in her ear before the two headed for opposite chambers.

Back
Top Bottom