bono DEATH threats!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nikkievox

The Fly
Hi there

Bono as been tould "am guna kill u" by some crazed person, i did try send link but i havent posted enough to do so, if u search for sunday mirror (newspaper) its in there, its quite scary, hope :bono: isnt bothered by it!!! there was a very nice big pic of :bono: and ali, i will try and scan for u all!

:mad:

Nikkievox :bono:

hmmm, famous people get that often I think.
it'll probably mean more security/ bodyguards for him and his family :(
hope it was just a stupid joke by some nutcase and he/she gets caught and a good spank

Ok, here's the article Nikki was talking about.

This is just sick.:madspit:

I WILL KILL YOU, BONO

Jun 22 2003

EXCLUSIVE

By Paul Davis

ROCK star Bono's security has been stepped up following a string of death threats sparked by his campaign to help the world's poor.

The U2 frontman and father-of-four has been told that the Royal Mail special investigations branch had asked Scotland Yard's Special Branch to investigate dozens of sick letters.

Now his security team is set to lay on extra protection for Bono and his family.

So far, 24 letters - full of vile abuse, foul language, racial insults and death threats - have been intercepted. All were sent from London.

One threatened: "You have been warned and you and your do-gooder friends had better watch out. F*** the foreigners and help your own people."

Another makes filthy racist slurs against the people Bono, 43, has been helping in his crusade to help the world's poor. An extract from the first letter reads: "If this carries on you will end up in a box."

The letters were addressed to his management company at Sir John Rogerson's Quay, Dublin.

Now Scotland Yard will carry out forensic tests on the letters and envelopes to trace either the fingerprints or DNA of the author.

The original tip came from a Post Office sorting room in London where a worker's suspicion was raised by the lurid green ink.

A Royal Mail investigating officer explained: "In time Bono may have to be interviewed because of the nature of the letters.

"An application was made to intercept the mail which gives the post office the right to open it. The contents were very racist and referred to Bono helping relieve Third World debt.

"These letters have been passing through London sorting offices for at least two years.

"There are references to harm or even kill him so if we find the culprit he will definitely face charges of making threats to kill.

"First we will be looking at saliva used to seal the envelopes as this will contain DNA We will also fingerprint everything and move on from there. The letters were spotted because of the unusual green ink."

Police at Scotland Yard are taking the threats to Bono's life very seriously.

They now have to investigate all threats against stars following the murder of Jill Dando by crazed fan Barry Bulsara.

The Royal Mail officer added: "No doubt many letters got through to their target - whether or not Bono opened them is another thing.

"Sending this kind of material through the post is an offence punishable by a prison spell. So we don't need a victim (in this case Bono) to go ahead with a prosecution - although it would help."

The police have collected 24 of the letters which were posted over the past two years - all traceable to an area in South-East London. The main thrust of the letters is that Bono should stay out of politics and stop getting involved in matters "which have nothing to do with him".

A police source said: "Most of the letters were posted in Borough High Street in South East London. It's not a highly populated area and it's assumed that the culprit either works in the area or is one of the few people that lives there. We are hoping to have tracked the culprit down within the next month.

"Whoever is doing this isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the box, but we never ignore threats like these, particularly in light of what happened to Jill Dando."

Bono's crusades have also been the cause for concern for FBI agents who believe the star could be a target for Muslim extremists. Islamic fundamentalists backed by Osama bin Laden issued a terrifying fatwa against him and fellow campaigner Aaron Cohen last year. Mr Cohen, president of the Jubilee Foundation, received more than 200 poison pen emails and phone calls last year following his exposure - with the support of Bono - of the vile slave trade in Sudan. Bono's security staff were informed of the threats, which echoed those issued to Satanic Verses author Salman Rushdie in the early 90s.

But in spite of the threat on his life, Bono did not make any changes to his campaigning or decide to give up.

A pal said: "Bono will never give up his crusades.

"He is a key player in the campaign to end Third World debt, and will not be silenced by death threats."

( I couldn't find the pic of Ali and Bono)

Last edited:
I think that who ever is doing this is stupid and has nothing to do with him/herself. I am so tired of ignorant, closeminded people. Bono is not just helping Africa, he is helping the world by bringing the AIDS and Third World Countries into the light and discussing them and ranting over them bc someday we will find a cure and we will get the The World Countries on track to have a fighting chance instead of what they have now, which is nothing!!!!

Thanks for the article Flavia and thanks Nikkievox for bringing to all of our attention!!

People never stop amazing me. Death threats to a man who's trying to make this world a better place and that psychopath wants to kill me for it. I doubt the guy will ever go through with, but it just proves how low people can stoop. I think all the U2 fans should knocking down his door and kick his ass...lol

What an ass...

Nikkievox said:

hey again

i tried to send pic but its too big and i cant resize it without making it look bad, is thee any other way i can send it?

Nikkievox :wave:

Do you mean attach or email? If it will email send it to u2kitten@yahoo.com and I'll post it for you:)

I am concerned about this. Sure he could be just a blowhard who wouldn't really do it but who knows. What worries me most is that Bono is so nice to everyone, stopping to talk on lonely streets, even giving car rides! I mean, you never know who's a weirdo. Remember the guy who shot John Lennon asked him for an autograph just before he shot him:( He'd been hanging around all day with his album waiting to be signed, but security and everyone else just took him for an obsessed fan and never stopped him. If someone was going to try to hurt Bono they'd probably pretend to be a fan to get his trust. I hope he'll be okay:hug:

I hope management beefs up the security for him. I'm pretty sure they will (knock on wood) since they often at times are protective of the boys in extremes. However this news looks like it comes from a tabloidy type paper, so we dunno how accurate it is. But I'm sure unfortunately that they get hate mail sometimes. :(

This makes me nervous too, but Bono has been stalked, etc, etc, for years. I read something about all of the security he had at the newspaper convention in Dublin. It's part and parcel part of being a celebrity, unfortunately.:mad: :mad: :censored: :censored: :scream: :scream:

IF anything us PLEBA girls will protect him... :heart: :bono:
BTW: This reminds me of one scene in the Simpsons where Homer is training to be security for Mayor Quimby and he's eating the Ann Landers Watermelon... hehe

to that freaky things the public figures are exposed , is done a stupidity to me... I will send a death threat to Britney Spears :hmm: :rolleyes:

Last edited:
maybe some stupid asshole who just wants to kill time

or maybe he lost at the contest, the one that U2 won in their early age!

Unfortunately this happens rather frequently with celebrities. Katarina Witt, the figure skater, got stalked and harrassed by some sick loser. Fortunately they busted the :censored:. She had to go to court to help identify him and give the prosecution reason enough to charge him with a crime. Natalie Maines, the singer with the Dixie Chicks, got death threats after her controversial anti-Bush remark. I'm not trying to trivialize the threats to Bono--they are scary :censored:-- but stuff like this is all too common. :censored: :censored: :censored:
Stay safe, Bono.

People are idiots. I'm sure they took measures to make sure Bono's security is beefed up after this. It certainly doesn't help that we all know that he's in France now.

But, I think the guys are sort of used to this by now. Which is disturbing. Bono's had death threats before, and Adam had a stalker put in jail before. (Who was released from jail recently).

Bono will be alright. :yes:

~J

Here's the pic that comes with the article.

33795%3C3523232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3234%3E%3B78%3E5%3B2%3Ewsnrcg%3D323249%3A%3B%3B5888nu0mrj

:madspit: :madspit: :madspit: @ the stupid:censored: I'm really worried about this thou.......my pores raised just reading about it .He's just trying to help those in need and do good in the world.....what's wrong with that????? He's ACTUALLY doing something that others refused ......He ACTUALLY has a heart.Some ppl r just punk asses!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom