Bono celebrates in Monaco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

niks

The Fly
People News
Brad Pitt's Bono birthday
May 12, 2008, 10:00 GMT

Brad Pitt helped Bono celebrate his 48th birthday in Monaco over the weekend.

The 'Fight Club' star joined the U2 frontman and his wife Ali Hewson for an intimate dinner party at Sass' Café, where they enjoyed an elaborate meal washed down with red wine and champagne on Friday night (09.05.08).

Although Brad's pregnant partner Angelina Jolie didn't join them, Bono's bandmate The Edge was there along with Monaco's Prince Albert.

The cafe's maitre de said: "It was really quite a surprise. It wasn't organised in advance. We only got called on it that afternoon."

The meal, which began at 10pm, was finished off with a strawberry cake lit with candles.

A staff member described the party as "tres speciale".

Last week, Angelina - who is rumoured to be pregnant with twins - and Brad took their four children, Maddox, Pax, Zahara and Shiloh, to visit Bono's home in Eze, France.

The superstar couple are currently in France to prepare for the birth of their rumoured twin daughters.

Brad and Angelina have forged a close bond with Bono and his family as they only live 15 minutes away.

(C) BANG Media International

niks said:
People News

Brad and Angelina have forged a close bond with Bono and his family as they only live 15 minutes away.

(C) BANG Media International

Wait, if I move only 15 minutes away (can that be 15 minutes by train?) will the Hewsons forge a close bond with me? Pffft, I was practically in their back yard last summer and they didn't even say hi.

I am a server in a restaurant and I would die if I had to wait on Bono and Brad Pitt.

From GlamourVanity.com:

Bono b-day party in MonacoCategory: CelebritiesMay 12th, 2008

U2’s frontman Bono turned 48 on May, 10th. A small dinner party for 12 was held at Sass’ Café in Monaco. Among the very chosen guests there were Brad Pitt, Monaco’s Prince Albert II and The Edge.

The party wasn’t organized in advance. It was spontaneous, as Ali Hewson, the wife of the man who has his own rock band and was nominated for Nobel Prize, called for reservation that same afternoon.

‘Tres speciale’ party included some meal, champagne toasts and strawberry cake with close friends.

Bono’s birthday also means fundraiser called “Walk to the Water… Walk with Me”. The African Well Fund has done the sixth annual Bono’s Birthday Well fundraiser that began on March, 17th and lasted till May, 10th.

The project is done for the honor of Bono. Last year over $34,000 was raised during the Bono’s Birthday Well drive. The money is used towards projects in Uganda schools implemented in partnership with Invisible Children and Africare.

Bono is the man to be proud of.

Happy Birthday!!!

http://www.glamourvanity.com/tag/bono/

Strawberry Cake--there is a place here in town that makes a strawberry cake that is so good--it reminds me of cotton candy. :drool: :drool:

Back
Top Bottom