Bono Brangelina's twins godfather?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Angelina was raised a Catholic (her mother was of French-Canadian descent, although she was born in Chicago.) So, anything is possible!

I guess because if they are not catholics they are not goint to baptize them....I dont know if thats what she was trying to say:hmm:

I'm catholic and have never been put in this position to know if this is true or not. I would assume that if you are single and not married to the father that you wouldn't be able to have the child baptized. I could be wrong though. Never heard of them baptizing Shilo so I would wonder about the twins.:hmm:

I'm catholic and have never been put in this position to know if this is true or not. I would assume that if you are single and not married to the father that you wouldn't be able to have the child baptized. I could be wrong though. Never heard of them baptizing Shilo so I would wonder about the twins.:hmm:

Interesting.

But I'm still not sure what being catholic has to do with anything. Protestants baptize children and use godparents also. :shrug:

A single mother can have her child baptized as a Catholic. Only one of the God Parents has to be of the same denomination. Both should be Christian, though. Because, you profess your faith in Jesus Christ.

I just heard this rumour and immediately came here to see if it was true!:lol: little did Entertainment tonight know if they want the REAL truth about Bono they should check here first!:D

Is it true, that the godmother is going to be Angelina's ex lover? I mean, it's none of my business. But, I read a story on the web.

Wouldn't it make sense if Bono and Ali would be godparents to those kids?

But who knows if this rumour is really true, sounds like a summer tabloid story to me.

If you want to baptize your child(ren) in a Catholic Church both godparents (it's custom to have a godfather and godmother) must be Catholic. It's in the Canons. (church law)

Just one does...my sister is not Catholic and was accepted by our church as godmother to my daughter. Canon Law (873 and 874) states that there needs to be only one godparent, so only one godparent (of two) needs to be catholic. The other godparent is officially a "witness", but can be called a godparent. Sorry to get technical, it's just that I had to find this out when my daughter was baptized...

I don't know how true it is, but one tabloid report said it would be some kind of ceremony, where as Bono is welcomed into their extended family. I'm sure it must be "garbage." Since, Bono is of Christian faith.

I don't know how true it is, but one tabloid report said it would be some kind of ceremony, where as Bono is welcomed into their extended family. I'm sure it must be "garbage." Since, Bono is of Christian faith.

If Angelina wasn't religious they could always have a humanist naming ceremony. We went to one recently where the parents were atheists and the "godparents" (who were both Anglicans) were called "guide parents" during the ceremony.

Anyway the story was first reported in the Mirror, not exactly known for its journalistic reliability so until it's confirmed otherwise I remain sceptical

Isn't Angelina an athiest?

If I remember correctly when she sat down with Anderson Cooper over a year ago for an interview on her work in Africa she mentioned that she was a very spiritual person but not religous.
That's how Bono strikes me as well. He has even said when speaking of such matters on Oprah during that 2002 interview that "when religion enters the building, God leaves"

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Bono, Brad and Angelina shared more beliefs than you would guess.

Back
Top Bottom