Bono, Bob Geldof press G-8 on aid to Africa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
e8560ade.jpg

Thanks so much javi! :wave:

Finally a reason to be proud of American policy again! :yippie:

Actually Rosebud, that's not quite true. I don't want to politicize this thread but if you check out the thread on the homepage of Interference about the MPWN website, I have been posting in that thread a series of action alerts from ONE regarding the main U.S. program that Bono and DATA fought to get going that fights AIDS and extreme poverty in Africa & elsewhere, PEPFAR, which is caught in a battle between the two political parties in Congress and may NOT get re-authorized! :ohmy:

If that happens, millions of African people could very easily lose their lives.

Check out that thread or go to ONE | FrontPage to learn more about this very serious situation for Africa's People.:hug:

Damn...Bono, you are working overtime this month aren't you?

The DATA report is always due late May/early June, Bono has been presenting it in public for years, last year in Berlin and Brussels. Just in time for the G8 summit.

Thanks everyone for the pictures and links!

Pepfar, with all it's flaws (and it does have them) is crucial to the poorest of the poor. Good to see Bono back in the game and ready to present the latest DATA report.

they even made it in our news here yesterday, although the anchor announced it as if it were only Bob Geldof who was crusading :huh:

Apparently he's still the one who is associated most to Africa and aid for Africa (since Live aid) in Belgium, although I think Bono is much more active on the subject for a number of years now..
(might have something to do with the fact he's from Belgian origin :D )

The DATA report is always due late May/early June, Bono has been presenting it in public for years, last year in Berlin and Brussels. Just in time for the G8 summit.

Thanks everyone for the pictures and links!

More on PEPFAR's troubles in Congress. If you are an American and have not signed this petition for ONE, please do so now!

I have read every one of the five DATA Reports that have come out over the years and when the report says that the U.S. is "on its way" to fulfilling its commitment to Africa that means if the U.S. continues its support of PEPFAR.

If PEPFAR falls through the cracks of Congress (being used as a political football between the two political parties), then the U.S. will be near the bottom of countries keeping their commitments to Africa!

YOU can help prevent that....SIGN THIS PETITION! :applaud:

Reid, McConnell and PEPFAR

:bono::heart::heart::hug:
Gotta love Bono....

Thanks for the info Jamila. I actually found out about the PEPFAR situation just a few minutes after posting my comment, with a notice from the Global AIDS Alliance. I really can't believe after actually getting on track to meet our targets we're threatening to dismantle one of the most important components of action. Unbelievable. :tsk: I've been sending the ONE petition around to everyone I know to try and raise support and awareness.

Again, thanks for the updates! :wave: :heart:

I think these are thumbs of an interview going to be shown on friday 20th at 7pm on France24

18062008-15.jpg
18062008-18.jpg
18062008-17.jpg
18062008-16.jpg

Back
Top Bottom