Bono Biography to be on BIO Channel!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DreamOutLoud13 said:

I don't even need to see it to know - from what everyone who did see it - says is true.
Wankers... :eyebrow:
They obviously used Bono/U2 to just draw viewer's.
I hate that the viewers who don't know any better, walked away with probably the same opinion.
Let them know your're own opinion.

One thing that really got me was when that one guy was trying to guess at Bono's spiritual beliefs. He said something like, "I don't know for sure, but I assume that Bono, being an enlightened person, believes this:..." When do assumptions count as journalism?! :banghead:

UGH.

I had the show time on my calendar for weeks and I can't imagine being more disappointed.

I still haven't decided what was worse - the inaccuracies, the repetitiveness of the photos/clips or the poor excuse for the "U2 music" running throughout.

IMO, this has tainted the credibility of The Biography Channel beyond reproach. If they've screwed up Bono's this badly, how can anyone take stock of their others?

I completely agree with the sentiments expressed here. What a disaster! I was really surprised by all mistakes. I mean, bios will always get some things a bit off which are maybe up for interpretation, etc, but SBS on the /1983/ October album?? They ARE Biography Channel; it seems they could afford a fact checker!

Plus, besides the things LDG just referred to, the storyline really made it all about Bono's political work, and set the music on the backburner. They almost made it seem like Bono used music solely as a channel to enter political activism. :huh:

Some of the interviewees were interesting to listen to (like those who actually KNOW him), but I was a bit peeved with how Bono's Live Aid performance was discussed by that one guy (can't remember his name, but he was bald I think...) as a moment of self-indulgence and sillyness. I think that was one of the most amazing and special performances in U2 -- maybe even rock -- history, particularly because of what Bono did.

Poo on BIO Channel!:madspit:

Now I'm glad I missed it :( (I thought this channel was supposed 2 b a reliable source...way 2 f**k up Bio)

For those of use who don't have BIO--I saw today where A&E will present Biography--Bono on March 2 @ 7 am. :yes: But reading above looks like I didn't miss much. Oh well-we could watch with the sound off?

Rosebud said:
but SBS on the /1983/ October album??
I switched off after that. I knew it would follow suit all the way though then.

This is the worst Bono/U2 bio since my Unforgettable Journey DVD I wasted £12 on.

If you want a U2 bio, stick to VH1 legends. :up: It rawks. I have it in both British and American voiceover. :lol:

Rosebud said:

:lol: Unfortunately, it doesn't even come through on the pics/video. It uses a total of about 3 images and 1 video and recycles them throughout the whole hour program. :wink:
lmao, I noticed that. I was like "WTF, do they only have the one video/pic??" XD

Back
Top Bottom