Bono Biography to be on BIO Channel!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kellyahern said:

I love when documentaries on musicians don't get the rights to the music.:|

This is the part I find most amusing -I love how they try to kind of sound like a U2 song - :huh: Its hilarious what they come up with.
I wonder if any of these "Bono experts" (except that DJ guy, I know he has) has ever even met the man. Seriously, we need a PLEBA produced documentary. Now THAT would be entertaining!!:drool:

OH man!! I missed 1/2 of it because of the time zones!! DAMN!! LOL!! they will repeat it in about 2 hours again *phew!*

and yeah, the 1/2 that I saw had misinformation!!..now I think abot all thosse Bio stories that Ive seen and wonder how accurate they were:hmm:

Last edited:
that was bloody awful... so many wrong facts I don't know where to start. :mad:

the lack of their music during the show had to do with probably the fact that the network didn't want to pay the fees to play them throughout...

kellyahern said:

Come on, everyone knows that October was released in 1983 and contained the great song, "Sunday Bloody Sunday." And that Bob Geldof was his mentor. And that his mother was Catholic and that his father was Protestant. And Achtung Baby was released when he was living in Germany.

I love when documentaries on musicians don't get the rights to the music.:|

I loved how they said that he 'moved' to Berlin... :lmao:

ramblin rose said:

Do you mean like showing a picture of Eli as if that was his first child?

i know... so many errors and incorrect facts.. I mean.. my 10 yr old son knows more and he isn't a big fan like me.. My son could easily figure out the right info all by himself.. as opposed to the producer who did this show had his head so far up his arse when he did this.

u2jesusgirl said:
I am glad I am not the only one disappointed with the show.

I kept waiting for them to mention One.org, or Product (Red) and nothing ever said.
The inaccurate info given throughout the show was ridiculous..

you said it! Amen to that..

Like I said... I was so embarrassed by it.. really..

BonoFox1 said:
now I think abot all thosse Bio stories that Ive seen and wonder how accurate they were:hmm:

I know. I started watching Angelina Jolie, but kept thinking about how much stuff they must be saying that's just inaccurate.

I don't think I'll ever watch another Biography again. :|

ramblin rose said:

I know. I started watching Angelina Jolie, but kept thinking about how much stuff they must be saying that's just inaccurate.

I don't think I'll ever watch another Biography again. :|

yep, after tonite I too, don't plan on watching these biography shows either.. ugh...

That was almost painful to watch! It was so annoying how they kept showing the same photos and video clips over and over again, while they talked about how hard it was for Bono to write Achtung Baby because he was so preoccupied with how he could end the world's suffering. :slant:

That was the first and last time I'm going to watch any Biographies on that channel. VH1 could have done better, and that says alot!

:lol: I didn't even watch it (I was watching Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End instead :drool: ) but I'm gonna register on their message boards just so I can post and say how terribly inaccurate it was.

Rachel D. said:
That was almost painful to watch! It was so annoying how they kept showing the same photos and video clips over and over again, while they talked about how hard it was for Bono to write Achtung Baby because he was so preoccupied with how he could end the world's suffering. :slant:

That was the first and last time I'm going to watch any Biographies on that channel. VH1 could have done better, and that says alot!

I totally agree Rachel!! they did keep showing the same pics and clips and inaccurate their facts were!..Im sure ANY of us on this site could have done a WAY BETTER job then the stupid Biography did!!:|

Im so glad I didnt record it..IT SUCKED!!!!!!:madspit:

I'm sorry to hear it was such a letdown for people who watched it. From what you've posted here it sounds AWFUL. I will never understand why journalists can not do their homework right. :|

Absolutely the worst. With the thousands of photos that have been taken of the band over the years, you'd think they would be able to show many more of them. They showed the same photos, beginning to end. I found it to be boring and the one short clip they had of Bono talking I've never seen before but it was the worst. He sounded tired and haggard and his voice was weak. And again as other people have said, the inaccuracies were numerous.

The bottom line is, you couldn't possibly take someone who's done so much with their life, and make an hour show out of it. The man deserves at least his own weekly show to showscase his accomplishments :)

I had to laugh though, that one guy who they listed as a friend, said he's never seen any photos of Bono stumbling out of a bar...I'm not even a good friend and I'VE seen photos of him stumbling out of a bar :)

And it was awful that they really didn't have any real U2 music...it was just kind of background music that was meant to sound U2ish...they probably could not get permission to use their real music...wise decision U2...this was by far the worst documentary I've ever seen on them.

^ I agree about that one clip (seemed like either in 1999 or 2000)
I would love to see that interview. Other than that I could have done a better job and with the help of my Photo Bucket accts there would have been an awesome parade of HOT Bono pics :)

U2FloridaFan said:
I had to laugh though, that one guy who they listed as a friend, said he's never seen any photos of Bono stumbling out of a bar...I'm not even a good friend and I'VE seen photos of him stumbling out of a bar :)

:yes: That bit made me laugh and laugh!

I think all of you should contact the Biography channel and tell them it stunk. I didn't see it because we don't get the Biography channel--I'm kinda glad I didn't see it! :mad:

Back
Top Bottom