bono beards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mmm, craggy SATS Bono. I like it -- his face has that "lived-in" look. I think he's aging well.

... or as well as can be expected, when you consider all the years of smoking, drinking and being a big ol' rock star. :sexywink:

ANY Bono is a bueno Bono in my humble opinion-

But that is just me-

Think of the man and not the 'menswear' and it all works, not to step on toes but...

:bono: = :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Kristie said:
satsm%60cap397.jpg

satsm%60cap478.jpg

:drool: :drool: :drool: :love: :heart: :combust:

See, now these two pictures I don't particularly care for, because in the top one his neck looks too skinny-he doesn't even look quite like himself, and in the second one, I'm not fond of the shirt he's wearing.

Like I said, beards work for him...so long as everything else about him compliments his beard.

And in the first picture, the whole skinny neck thing and all that doesn't quite compliment the beard.

Course, that's just my personal opinion.

Angela

Last edited:
Moonlit_Angel said:

See, now these two pictures I don't particularly care for, because in the top one his neck looks too skinny-he doesn't even look quite like himself,

Yikes, no kidding. I have always cringed at this look. It reminds me of Red Skelton when he played that bum who lived on the park bench and the faces he made, with that hat, and rubbery, stretchy, wrinkly grin and neck. In this case, the scruffiness only adds to the general grungy appearance. That may have been the 'look' he was trying to achieve here but I found it extremely unattractive. It looks nothing like Bono.

I totally agree with Sweepie about that big profile pic. It does look like Lenin. I strongly dislike it.

Last edited:
ballykissangel said:
But Bono WAS skinny during PopMart era...actually, not so much skinny as buffed...:drool:

I think the difference is he looked skinny in Pop, but in a scrawny, unhealthy way, like he'd been partying too much and not eating enough nutritious food. Almost like wasting away kind of skinny, not working out kind of skinny. He was 'buffed' during R&H- remember his arms and chest! He was 'in shape' and not just 'skinny.'

Last edited:
One more comment here- if he has the right amount of hair and the right expression on his face, a little beard can be very sexy:sick:

jtcord.jpg

bonoab93.jpg

bono94grammy.jpg

1045877989.3825516663.jpg

I like these pics but not most of the others posted on this thread, just my 2 cents and opinion, of course. ;)

Last edited:
I do not care for him with beards that is just my taste. I never cared for the "POP" look at all because the combination of the extra skinniness, stubble on his face and nothing but stubble on his head combined with the big orange glasses to give him a plucked turkey appearance I didn't find appealing at all. It became worse after he was sweaty and you could see the veins popping in his neck, eeww. So I'm just not a 'scruff' person. Not only Bono but on most people. But I like it on Edge for some unexplained reason.

Speaking of 'goofy' clothes as someone mentioned in that other thread, his Pop era wardrobe was the most tacky and tasteless ever LOL! Even I think the "Bad" pants were a little too high and I don't like suspenders, but those old fashioned pants worked well with his old west type outfits. Then there were those plaid pants he wore when he was really young that looked like the Bay City Rollers. I didn't like the Passengers old man hat look. But except that, he's always had good taste in clothes and wore stuff that complimented his looks in a positive way.

Last edited:
Desire4Bono said:

Speaking of 'goofy' clothes as someone mentioned in that other thread, his Pop era wardrobe was the most tacky and tasteless ever LOL!

wasn't that the point?

IWasBored said:

wasn't that the point?

I thought so! I think they all looked great during Pop because they just let it all out.

I love Bono when he's dressed up. I think he, or his stylist, does a good job with the clothes that he wears and I think he looked great during Pop. He looks great now to,o in a suit, but he was having fun during Pop, they all were.

I prefer Bono without a beard myself. I think the beards are a manifestation of his mischievous sense of humor. I think he likes to occasionally "freak out" the fans, including fans like PLEBA girls. :lmao: :lmao:

Moonlit_Angel said:

LOL!

Interesting way of looking at it...that makes sense...

Angela

Yeah.....I think it's a hoot. I laughed myself silly at the notes last night. Someone wanted to "start a campaign" to get Bono to get rid of the thing. What a funny guy. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

verte76 said:
I prefer Bono without a beard myself. I think the beards are a manifestation of his mischievous sense of humor. I think he likes to occasionally "freak out" the fans, including fans like PLEBA girls. :lmao: :lmao:

:lol: it looks like it worked too!!

i don't know, i like it :shrug: guess you can't freak out EVERYONE :lol:

U2Kitten said:

ahhh OMG i love this one!! scruffy wild sexy bono!! :drool: i liked the SATS still too. bono looks good with a beard sometimes...ok most of the time. I didnt really like the today show stills ones..his beard looked strange. But his beard at the musicares event- YUM :tongue: lol oh and i LOVE it when he has his shirt open far down!! I want to rip it the rest of the way off and..:censored: lol

Back
Top Bottom