Bono attends Melanie Griffith's charity party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sapphire

The Fly
Looks like he's still in France.

PA: Bono attends charity dinner in France

http://www.ananova.com
September 3, 2002
From The Press Association:

Melanie's Hollywood Party Invite to Indian Street Children
By Anita Singh, PA News Showbusiness Correspondent, in Cannes

Actress Melanie Griffith told today how she plans to invite a group of penniless Indian street children to share her Hollywood home.

Griffith is honorary president of the Sabera Foundation, a charity which provides aid to young girls living on the streets of Calcutta.

She was so moved by their plight on a recent trip to the Indian city that she has invited 15 of them to stay in the Los Angeles mansion
she shares with husband Antonio Banderas. Griffith revealed her plans at a glittering charity dinner in the south of France to raise funds
for the Foundation and Aids charity Amfar.

The event was hosted by Sting's wife Trudie Styler at a luxury villa in the hills above Cannes.

Stars there to show their support included singer Bryan Adams, supermodel Naomi Campbell, actress Pamela Anderson, Latin
superstar Ricky Martin and Bono.

The evening's entertainment was a spectacular outdoor concert featuring the likes of opera star Andrea Bocelli and Sting.

Griffith is honorary president of the foundation, along with fellow Hollywood actress Penelope Cruz.

The Foundation has set up an orphanage which has taken 140 "untouchable" girls from the streets and provided them with much needed
education and the chance to build a better life.

Describing her recent trip to Calcutta Griffith said: "It was an overwhelming experience and at one point I had to go in a corner and break
down.

"At first I was so depressed. It made me feel like I wanted to give everything I owned away except for what I need to survive.

"That's not very realistic, so the best thing I can do is use my celebrity and my money to help them."

Griffith is hosting another benefit party in LA on October 10 and she said: "I am bringing 15 of the girls to stay in our house. They are the
most beautiful young girls and they deserve a chance in life."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No pics :( Can somebody else find some? It sounds awesome!

souLnation2002 said:
Namoi Campbell is goin? :eyebrow:

I noticed that too:macdevil:
dog2.JPG

oooooh nooo! I wanted pics, but not that one. My Naomi has gotten ugly and wrinkled LMAO! :lmao: That's what she gets for what she did to Adam! :madspit:

WOW

BONO LOOKS

AMAZING
espec that first pic!! :tongue: I like the clear glasses...almost like havin none!

Cool pix! I can put up with Superhooch if Bono is in the pic. Of course he's nuts, but what the heck??? It's the right guy........:laugh: :drool: :mac: :heart: :censored:

I know I said what I said about Naomi, and she lets herself down, but I still tink shes extremely beautiful........

just very spoilt, maybe since childhood..... chooses to stay that level, cant help it...........thats all.....:)

we're all different..........;)

335437%3A323232%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2326%3D86%3B%3D52%3C%3Dxroqdf%3E23233353%3B5552ot1lsi

Did anyone else notice how unhappy he looks in this picture?!?!??!?!?

heheh...that was not bashing........just commenting on the picture......that's all

:evil: :macdevil: :mac:

I think im gonna give that naomi a big slap across the face if i see her:mad:

and has anyone noticed, what the hell has she got on her wrist????????

Geez, I think we're talking about Naomi more than we are Bono! OK, he's nuts enough to give her smooches, but.........who's that jerk in the white dress? I wouldn't recall her name............I think it's W:censored:x.

Bigger pix ?

I guess there's a girl here who can EXPAND this pictures from WIREIMAGE.

599952.jpg

We need her help. :rolleyes:

Where is she?

Originally posted by Savannah
cannescharity_4.jpg

Today I saw something about the party on tv, and there were images of Bono singing. Well, guess what he was singing? LADY MARMALADE! My god, you have no idea about how bad is for health listening to "Voulez vous couchez avec moi ce soir?" from Bono's mouth :love::tongue::drool::bono::drool::tongue::love:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom