Bono at Troy NY Premiere

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"
found this quote in "The Washington Post" today from Bono. The New York Daily was asking celebrities which Greek God they would like to me, and when the asked Bono, he said (somewhat predictably), "I am a Greek God". I thought it was kind of cute.

our cocky sweet wonderful bono! i would say he was an irish god, but thats just me:wink: you can always expect bono to make a comment like that, and its so adorable. i guess some people who dont know a lot about him would think it was ride or something, but hes just so CUTE! i can imagine the little smirk on his face when he said it, thinking in his mind that millions of women just went "oh yeah!

Last edited:
u2bonogirl said:
"

you can always expect bono to make a comment like that, and its so adorable. i guess some people who dont know a lot about him would think it was ride or something, but hes just so CUTE! i can imagine the little smirk on his face when he said it, thinking in his mind that millions of women just went "oh yeah!

Bahaha every time I hear one of his Bono-isms, I picture that scene in Rattle and Hum before they're going on stage (I think before the BB King song?) where he stops, looks back at the camera, smirks and winks. Makes me want to faint every time I watch. :happy: :love:

Two of Keith's daughters are models, so is one of Mick Jagger's and Lisa Marie Presley's girl. I am not saying they are not pretty or that they don't deserve it, only that I can't avoid thinking that they got their jobs with the advantages of a famous name, and other people just as pretty and good as them are waiting tables.

Last edited:
Seabird said:
Two of Keith's daughters are models, so is one of Mick Jagger's and Lisa Marie Presley's girl. I am not saying they are not pretty or that they don't deserve it, only that I can't avoid thinking that they got their jobs with the advantages of a famous name, and other people just as pretty and good as them are waiting tables.

I agree with you but go to corbis.com and look for Theodora Richards. Her mom was a model and her dad was not bad looking when he was younger.... There's a particular picture of her on the Rock 'N Roll Hall Of Fame with Keith and another without Keith. Just amazing. :drool:

Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston were making out like a couple of teenagers at Bungalow 8 Monday night.

The pair fled the packed "Troy" after-party at Cipriani 42nd Street, and anyone who actually spoke to the disarmingly flirtatious Pitt was immediately tackled by teenage girls asking frantically, "Is he nice? Is he nice?"

The couple, clearly the prom king and queen of the celeb world, with their impossibly shiny hair, perfectly even tans and alarmingly white smiles, beat a hasty retreat out the back entrance and headed for Bungalow 8, where Bono had already taken up residence at a back table to celebrate his 44th birthday.

Among famous friends like superagent Bryan Lourd, and supermodels Cindy Crawford and Helena Christensen, Pitt and Aniston - still the best-looking pair in the room - made out right at the table.

They also have some Troy premiere photos, I can't get past the Brad one on my computer for some reason..maybe there is a Bono pic :D

http://www.nypost.com/gossip/celebp/#

MrsSpringsteen said:
Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston were making out like a couple of teenagers at Bungalow 8 Monday night.

The pair fled the packed "Troy" after-party at Cipriani 42nd Street, and anyone who actually spoke to the disarmingly flirtatious Pitt was immediately tackled by teenage girls asking frantically, "Is he nice? Is he nice?"

The couple, clearly the prom king and queen of the celeb world, with their impossibly shiny hair, perfectly even tans and alarmingly white smiles, beat a hasty retreat out the back entrance and headed for Bungalow 8, where Bono had already taken up residence at a back table to celebrate his 44th birthday.

Among famous friends like superagent Bryan Lourd, and supermodels Cindy Crawford and Helena Christensen, Pitt and Aniston - still the best-looking pair in the room - made out right at the table.

They also have some Troy premiere photos, I can't get past the Brad one on my computer for some reason..maybe there is a Bono pic :D

http://www.nypost.com/gossip/celebp/#

I can only get up to Brad Pitt's pic... :madspit:

help! Anybody?

Niamh_Saoirse said:

I can only get up to Brad Pitt's pic... :madspit:

help! Anybody?

I can see all the pics, no Bono though.
I'm surprised Brat Pitt was even there since he was in Berlin on sunday 9th for the premiere and he and Jenn were in Cannes on Wednesday. So he must have flown to NY on sunday night and than back to Europe again. Ahh, such celebs life styles we can only dream of!

Bono's Ballooning Head

The Left Coast Report - a Political Look at Hollywood
May 18, 2004

By James Hirsen
Bono is such a busy guy these days. How does the singer find any spare
time to croon?

After all, he's the one who started the tiff over the TV use of the
"f" word. Now 24 media organizations are asking the FCC to reconsider
its ruling, in which it reprimanded NBC for airing a Golden Globes
broadcast that contained Bono's adjective expletive.

He's also the one who recently went on record to endorse Canadian
Prime Minister Paul Martin's efforts in the global fight against AIDS.
He said that Martin had "real political guts."

And he showed up at Independence Mall, where he signed a petition for
the One Campaign, a new effort that calls upon politicians to join in
the fight against AIDS.

Maybe all the highfalutin activity has gone to his head. While
attending the premiere of Brad Pitt's epic flick, "Troy," the New York
Daily News asked Bono, "If you were a Greek god or goddess, who would
you be?"

"I am a Greek god," the rocker boldly replied.

The Left Coast Report imagines that upon hearing Bono's proclamation,
Arianna Huffington retorted, "U2?"

Any truth to this?

I didn't like the story.

I found this on U2EastLink..it was in the Belfast Telegraph

don't blame me for what they said about Bono, please :wink:

I don't know how they'd even know this, unless they had a reporter there or someone claims to have seen it..but it's a cute story anyway :D

Bono's girl is mad for Brad

HE may do a dodgy line in sunglasses and complain about poverty in the Third World a bit much, but I bet Bono's daughter Jordan is delighted he's her dad.

For last week, to celebrate her 15th birthday, the U2 superstar jetted her off to the New York premiere of Troy to meet its star, the beautiful Brad Pitt.

As the most gorgeous man in the world stepped onto the red carpet, the shy teenager was pushed forward to shake hands with him.

Brad briefly chatted to Jordan, asking her about her time in the Big Apple and wishing her all the best for her 15th.

That's what I call a birthday present!

0518f6a0.jpg

I just gotta put my 2 cents in and say that I think Bono is the luckiest man in the world. A beautiful, intelligent wife of many years, 2 lovely daughters and it's so clear they really love him. I love the way Jordan was looking at her Dad. So precious! I really think she looks a lot like her dad, especially those younger pics of Bono. I can't wait to see how the boys will look at those ages! Good on ya, Mr. B!

Cheers!
-Mel :bono:

PS: I really do wonder what they'll do with their lives. I mean, the world is quite literally their oyster. They could do anything from being a doctor to... being a screenwriter! lol. :p

Back
Top Bottom