Bono at Toronto Film Festival Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kellyahern said:

:hug:

I was just excited about new pictures, so I went a little overboard :lol:.

me too
I'm going to dork myself out here and also say that I am excited about a fresh new setlist party tomorrow night - will PITNOL be needed? Will Edge be on fire? Will they play Vertigo 23 times!?!? Will we even have a source?!!!!?

I so need some serious help:hyper:

edited to add cannot seem to ever get PITNOL right :lol: - plus the nonsexualmanhugs

Last edited:
nurse chrissi said:

me too
I'm going to dork myself out here and also say that I am excited about a fresh new setlist party tomorrow night - will PINTOL be needed? Will Edge be on fire? Will they play Vertigo 23 times!?!? Will we even have a source?!!!!?

Definate PITNOL!! :hyper:

:bow: new bono pics:drool:

the hat doesn't really phase me at all ...I kinda just look right through it..likes its not even there, I don't mind it though....green hat is preferable though:drool:

kellyahern said:
1fecea30.jpg

05206421.jpg

:drool: Cillian

*thud*:faint:

OMG...THE PICSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T TAKE IT.....I CAN'T !!!!!!!!!!!!

ok more please!!!!!!! Have my composure back.. :reject: :crazy: :whistle:

oh did I say...

Thank you thank you and thank you ladies!!!!!!!!!:bow:

maybe I missed something, but does anyone know who the girl is that's holding Bono's hand while he's talking to the reporters?

:scratch:

U2Girl1978 said:
I seriously would like to burn his hat and glasses. :|

Ha, that's right my girl. You have my permission. :kiss: :sexywink:

...and now that you're at it, could you please get rid of the earrings too?

Last edited:
U2Fanatic4ever said:

my guess is that it could be either jordan or eve. I am thinking it is eve.

No, it's not Eve -- could it be Edge's Arran? Knowing him, she could be a complete stranger that he just picked out of the crowd!

But I'm with Jamila, this enquiring mind wants to know!

FEELINNUMB said:

No, it's not Eve -- could it be Edge's Arran? Knowing him, she could be a complete stranger that he just picked out of the crowd!

But I'm with Jamila, this enquiring mind wants to know!

could be...hmmmm... this inquiring mind wants to know too!

I vote for random stranger. He's Mr. Touchy-Feely. She looks too mature and, um, developed, to be any of their kids. It most certainly isn't either of his daughters. They're both very slender and still very young looking.

^^:yes:

totally agree.

I can't imagine Bono even having his 14 year old daughter there with him and letting her smoke, no matter how liberated he is.

BTW Kelly , do you know if there was a caption with the pics where Bono is holding the vinyl album trophee. It looks like it could be JT or R&H (by the looks of the little album pic)

edited again, I should really pay more attention to the pics.
I see now that he's taken the album out of the sleeve to sign or whatever :reject:

Last edited:
biff said:
She looks too mature and, um, developed, to be any of their kids.

Arran is 19 -- I know, I know, I can't stand it, either.

I never even saw the cigarette -- she looks so delighted, she may just be someone from the crowd -- I would think Edge's kids love him to death, but are used to him by now:)

definitely not Eve or Jordan. i vote for random girl from the crowd who is pretty f'in happy. :D

greety said:
^^:yes:

totally agree.

I can't imagine Bono even having his 14 year old daughter there with him and letting her smoke, no matter how liberated he is.

BTW Kelly , do you know if there was a caption with the pics where Bono is holding the vinyl album trophee. It looks like it could be JT or R&H (by the looks of the little album pic)

edited again, I should really pay more attention to the pics.
I see now that he's taken the album out of the sleeve to sign or whatever :reject:

I think it's RH.

Having observed Bono many times interacting with fans, I'm leaning toward her being a fan also.

I was just wondering if she was maybe a fan we should know - like someone associated with the "Into the Heart" fan event going on in Toronto or maybe even a PLEBAn! :wink:

Just up at U2.com about tonight's showing of the Leonard Cohen film (Bono was in rare form):

Bono showed up at the Isabel Bader Theatre in Toronto tonight, paying tribute to Leonard Cohen.

‘Leonard Cohen, I’m Your Man’, a documentary film directed by Lian Lunson, in which U2 perform with the legendary singer-songwriter, received its world premiere.

Bono was on hand to do the honours in introducing the film to a packed theatre. Welcomed on stage by the director, Bono recalled how he and Lunson had met in the 1980’s and argued for two weeks about the quality of films then being released. Wim Wenders ‘Wings of Desire’ was the only film they both loved.
‘I couldn’t understand why every film she saw she thought was crap,’ remembered Bono, with a laugh. ‘So I said ‘You try making a great film!’

‘Alright I will!’ she said.

And now, said Bono, she has!

‘Leonard Cohen, I’m Your Man’ features 13 Cohen classic songs performed by
a stellar list of fans including I'm Your Man by Nick Cave, Hallelujah by Rufus Wainwright and Death of a Ladies Man by Beth Orton and Jarvis Cocker. U2 perform Tower Of Song with Cohen in a New York bar. Interwoven with the performances is an incredibly intimate interview with the Montreal-born songwriter about his life and work.

At tonight's premiere Bono described how Cohen’s songs have ‘been conversations I have been trying to have all my life with some of the same people implored.’ Here’s some highlights of what he had to say.

‘I don’t know what to say about Leonard Cohen. Silence is probably what The Monk would call proper. But I’m not a monk, I’m an Irish rockstar who loves the sound of his own voice and who is here to genuflect and pay homage to another pilgrim much further along the road in many respects…

‘I would not know how high to jump or how far I was falling without Leonard Cohen. His songs are conversations I have been trying to have all of my life with some of the same people implored: Jesus Christ;.Judas Iscariot; Yahweh; all the women in the world; Buddha…

‘Oh yes, to raise the bar and drink at it was one thing. To serve at it and pray with the customers, another.

‘To live on the hill and keep looking up. That’s what I admire about Leonard Cohen, that’s the trick… and it’s tricky this religious stuff, believing in consequences to actions, but above all else believing that Grace may outmaneouvre Karma …or else Leonard we’re both in trouble.

’That's what I came away with after thirty years listening to Leonard Cohen - humour as a rhyme for humility.'

:bow: - Bono

nurse chrissi said:

me too
I'm going to dork myself out here and also say that I am excited about a fresh new setlist party tomorrow night - will PITNOL be needed? Will Edge be on fire? Will they play Vertigo 23 times!?!? Will we even have a source?!!!!?

edited to add cannot seem to ever get PITNOL right :lol: - plus the nonsexualmanhugs

:hyper: :hyper:

Jamila, thanks so much for sharing that...a charismatic and inspired speech from our guy...once again. :up:

Yea, especially the "I'm not a monk" part. :lmao:

I'm glad you liked it, ruffian.

Back
Top Bottom