Bono at the White House 5-22-2005

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tootty86

War Child
These are from today i think. Sorry about the horrid tags:mad:

If someone wants to move these to another thread - that would be cool. I just didnt know where to put them and i was too frightened to create a new thread:reject:

tootty86 said:
These are from today i think. Sorry about the horrid tags:mad:

If someone wants to move these to another thread - that would be cool. I just didnt know where to put them and i was too frightened to create a new thread:reject:

Thanks for the pictures :bow:

He looks a lot better in those pics than in the news thread. For some reason, the pics in the news thread give the suit this khaki green color instead of grey :yikes:

I guess I'll put pics in this thread to :)

e2b917d5.jpg

d941aab1.jpg

64315f40.jpg

32ff54d1.jpg

and you wonder why Ali keeps him away from the Edun designs:wink:

he still looks cute and God bless him for the work he does

I agree Nurse Chrissy, Bono looks adorable and I love that he took a fashion risk by combining the purple shirt with the khaki suit...And Yes! God Bless you Bono for your tireless work, I mean he is on tour but yet has time to pursue his work for the needy

Great pics of Bono and Condi:up:

Last edited:
I think I read the suit was grey--which makes better choice with the purple shirt. God bless him. (My Bono looks all grown up in that suit .)

Khaki and purple might match depending on the tonalities. Maybe he should have chosen a different shirt.
I think he looks great, though the colours get me confused.

Thank you for posting those pictures Kelly and Tootty.

Last edited:
oh goodness me those colors look wrong together! that suit color is just weird...it's gotta be a strange sheen to the fabric for it to look *soo* green in one light and grey in another..
I like the drape though...and he's looking lovely indeed!
The combo of clothes gives a sort of rock-star who threw on a diplomat's suit look, appropriate enough.

cheers all...

edit: did you all get a look at the shoes he's wearing? I mean, it's his usual style, but they also don't go with the suit lol!
but it contributes to the overall effect, which I think is cool...

what was he there for, btw? just a tete a tete with condi?

Last edited:
Did you notice that Condi has a new hairdo? She's gotten rid of that awful flip (about which I was making catty remarks just the other day...Do you think she heard me?) Actually, I wonder if she got the new haircut because of the lunch with Bono. I remember reading about her being all giggly and girlish in his company a few years ago.

And I like his suit/shirt combination, very cool and well-fitting for once, even (almost) the sleeves.

WTF? I life like a half hour away from there! :rant:
:tsk: I could have been stalking Bono in washington....oh well.
He looks fricking adorable in his mismatched clothes. We just know that Ali, God bless her, was not around when he put them on

u2bonogirl said:
WTF? I life like a half hour away from there! :rant:
:tsk: I could have been stalking Bono in washington....oh well.
He looks fricking adorable in his mismatched clothes. We just know that Ali, God bless her, was not around when he put them on

I know what you mean. I live about 30 mins. from DC also, plus I was in Bethesda that day on some errands. I could have easily gone into DC to do some Bono watching. :rant:

Oh just as well, I had my youngest kid with me so it probably wouldn't have been too fun for her. Although she does like U2, but she is an Edge gal. :)

BonoFox1 said:
I agree Nurse Chrissy, Bono looks adorable and I love that he took a fashion risk by combining the purple shirt with the khaki suit...And Yes! God Bless you Bono for your tireless work, I mean he is on tour but yet has time to pursue his work for the needy

Great pics of Bono and Condi:up:

It's a grey suit!!! It showed up khaki in the photos!

OK, I know this is a little off topic, but do you guys think it is strange that they wear the same clothes all of the time? I mean, for stage I totally understand, but Bono seems to always be wearing either the purple shirt (which I love by the way) or one of a couple of other outfits when meeting fans before the shows. Seems to also be the case with Edge. Wonder if they have a luggage limit on tour. :giggle:

biff said:
Did you notice that Condi has a new hairdo? She's gotten rid of that awful flip (about which I was making catty remarks just the other day...Do you think she heard me?) Actually, I wonder if she got the new haircut because of the lunch with Bono. I remember reading about her being all giggly and girlish in his company a few years ago.

Who wouldn't be?
Condi is looking nicer with the new do...she surely is quite the sexy secretary of state. Did you catch that picture of her in like last sunday's parade with the catty comment/caption about her stilleto-heeled knee-high (I don't *think* it came up over the knee!) black boots, for 'making points':ohmy:
cheers!

Yeah, I'm wondering what he was there for, too, I suspect it was to have a talk with the new Secretary of State. She's gotten a promotion, so maybe she can help him more.

Don't you all remember how he dressed for his meeting with Chriac when he got that medal? I swear to god he does it on purpose as this impish way to maintain his distance or something....to NOT play by their social rules somehow

Anyway

SD, also miffed at a missed Bono stalking opportunity in her hometown :(

kellyahern said:

the absolute best "oohhh look Bono is trying to dress up like a grown up" look ever:drool:

and yes I think the man gets a preverse satisfaction in dressing that way around those in politics:wink:

okay - now am officially confused as my reply to Kelly's post is now in front of her post - am now psychic :lol:

provided I can spell "psychic"

Last edited:
I'm sure that this had something to do with Bono's visit with Rice today:

Dear Friend,

This summer, President Bush and seven other leaders from the world's wealthiest nations will gather to discuss the fate of the ONE billion people around the world living in extreme poverty. In early July, the Group of Eight (G8) will discuss the major social, political and economic conditions that contribute to extreme poverty. There are historic plans in place to beat poverty in Africa and the poorest countries. This is our chance to support our leaders in making these plans a reality. Let's raise our voices as ONE to Make Poverty History.

Tell your friends about ONE today!

Your voice is already making a difference. Yesterday's Washington Post featured ONE and our efforts to build "a permanent big-tent movement" to urge President Bush and other world leaders to take action at the G8 and lead an entire generation out of poverty. Together we can build this movement.

Ask your friends, family and colleagues to join us at this crucial moment

Together as ONE, we can let President Bush know Americans support the fight against global AIDS and poverty!

On June ONE, we will launch an unprecedented mobilization of Americans calling on President Bush to deliver a historic deal for the world's poor at the G8 Summit. If everyone who reads this e-mail encourages just 3 friends to join ONE, we will be well over ONE MILLION strong in time for the G8 Summit. That's ONE million voices united behind ONE message: Make Poverty History!

Make history this summer. Tell your friends that NOW is the time for action - ask them to join you for the largest-ever movement against global poverty in American history.

Thank you,

The ONE Team

------------------------------------------------

The G8 meeting in July is a big deal to Bono and the various white band organizations around the world, so I'm sure that Bono wasn't there to talk about fashion. Although maybe Condi could have given him a pointer or two! :lol:

http://www.whiteband.org

Sherry Darling said:
Don't you all remember how he dressed for his meeting with Chriac when he got that medal?

Sorry to be all anal and everything, but that was not the outfit he wore when he received his honour from France. That charmingly goofy outfit was from an earlier meeting. He actually wore a semi-dignified all-black outfit when he got "pinned" by the Prez.
And I thought yesterday's outfit was actually very nice.
As to why he met Ms. Rice, I guess that will be revealed in good time. We can't be "sure" until then.

Back
Top Bottom