Bono at the Sundance Film Festival

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm really glad he showed up to support this film -- I thought Edge might as well, since he is always talking about how the Clash was such a major influence.

Now I suppose Bono will make his way back to Europe for Davos (there's finally some snow in Switzerland so he can get another wearing out of that jacket.)

Oooh... I have been OS and away from the net. So I didn't see any photos of the new wedding ring!! Can someone point me in the direction of a photo? Thanks in advance!

imogen said:
Oooh... I have been OS and away from the net. So I didn't see any photos of the new wedding ring!! Can someone point me in the direction of a photo? Thanks in advance!

Um, this is all I have, but you can sorta see it here if you look hard! :wink: I'm not sure what thread it showed up in.

newring122706.jpg

Interesting....So the mysteriously appearing "wedding ring" has vanished, but now there is a new ring on the third finger of his right hand. Must have been a good Christmas, ring-wise.
(And I, too, really hate those glasses.)

Re: the coffee It was a morning screening of that film. (Also explains the Mr. Cranky-Pants expression.)

It's from a JT interview with all 4 guys... Bono tells the interviewer girl she looked lovely in bed. :ohmy: :lol:

The link to the you tube post is in the you tube thread. (recently... near the end of the thread)

imogen said:

You can see it a bit better here :)

leopardstownchristmasracingfestival.jpg

bonocomet said:
It's from a JT interview with all 4 guys... Bono tells the interviewer girl she looked lovely in bed. :ohmy: :lol:

The link to the you tube post is in the you tube thread. (recently... near the end of the thread)

Yeah that is the late Paula Yates (Bob Geldofs ex) interviewing them;)

oh and she did hook up with Hutchence and had Tiger Lily with him

BonoFox1 said:

Yeah that is the late Paula Yates (Bob Geldofs ex) interviewing them;)

oh and she did hook up with Hutchence and had Tiger Lily with him

Not to derail, but what happened to *erm* Tiger Lily (and I thought Apple was bad:yikes: ) since both of her parents are dead?:sad: Did Paula commit suicide too. I know I read that somewhere, but I don't think it mentioned how she died in "U2 by U2"

Paula overdosed on alcohol and drugs. It wasn't said if she committed suicide or if it was an accident.

Tiger Lily went to live with Bob Geldof, so she can grow up with her sisters.

absintheminded said:
Paula overdosed on alcohol and drugs. It wasn't said if she committed suicide or if it was an accident.

Tiger Lily went to live with Bob Geldof, so she can grow up with her sisters.

Thanks! I was just curious. That's so awesome of Bob to take her in like she was his own.:heart: It takes a great man to do that, since Paula hooked up with Michael while she was still married to Bob didn't she? I believe Bono said that in "U2 by U2" That's so sad, for all of them.:(

Jeannieco said:

Do you know how long he might be there?
:scratch: I wonder how long the festival is?

My understanding is that he's here for a few more days. Beyond the Joe Strummer film, I can't quite figure out what he's doing here. Any thoughts?

Sundance runs through Sunday, Jan 28th.

Harry O's? That's where the big celeb parties are, no? (Good luck getting in though!) He did seem to be out and about on Main Street in those photos. I know the Tribune has a celebrity spotting section for Sundance, so maybe looking there would help out some?

Or maybe he's skiing. I'm sure we'd all LOVE to see photos of that! :wink:

livviebway said:
Harry O's? That's where the big celeb parties are, no? (Good luck getting in though!) He did seem to be out and about on Main Street in those photos. I know the Tribune has a celebrity spotting section for Sundance, so maybe looking there would help out some?

Or maybe he's skiing. I'm sure we'd all LOVE to see photos of that! :wink:

Hahaha!! Bono skiing!! OMG, BONO just say no!! If he skies like he drives we are all in trouble.
:ohmy: :(

Spainisheyes68 I hope you see him there!
I take it no luck so far spotting him??

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Just like Bono's kiwis? :wink:

:ohmy: what does that mean?! Being a New Zealander and New Zealanders being known as Kiwi's , all manner of thoughts have just gone wizzing through my mind!!!!

haha, we NEVER call kiwifruit "kiwi's" or we'd think we're eating our national bird or even ourselves!! :giggle:

I'll never look at Bono's moobs the same way again :ohmy: or kiwifruit for that matter......would it be a problem if I handled them for too long while peeling them?? :shifty:

gluey said:
haha, we NEVER call kiwifruit "kiwi's" or we'd think we're eating our national bird or even ourselves!! :giggle:

I'll never look at Bono's moobs the same way again :ohmy: or kiwifruit for that matter......would it be a problem if I handled them for too long while peeling them?? :shifty:

:shocked:

JCOSTER said:

Wouldn't love to know the story behind that quote? :eyebrow:

I haven't seen the video, but someone mentioned that the interviewer was Paula Yates. If that's the case, then here's the explanation: She used to appear as one of the hosts of a show called The Big Breakfast (produced by Geldof) in which the set was her bedroom, and she would interview people in her bed (clothed of course). It was on this show, and in that bed, that she first hooked up with Hutchense.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom