Bono at The Raisa Gorbachev Foundation Third Annual Gala

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
RaisaGorbachevFoundationGaladinn-4.jpg

RaisaGorbachevFoundationGaladinn-5.jpg

RaisaGorbachevFoundationGaladinn-6.jpg

I thought this was funny...what? no one ever noticed his shoes until now? :laugh:

Bono, the diminutive musician turned global debt campaigner, has been caught out trying to boost his stature.

DANIEL DEME/WENN
Bono's shoes at the Raisa Gorbachev Foundation Gala Dinner at Hampton Court Palace in London
The U2 frontman was photographed wearing shoes several inches high at the Raisa Gorbachev Foundation Gala Dinner, posing with wife Ali Hewson.

Bono, real name Paul Hewson, is reportedly only 5ft 6.5in tall and frequently seeks ways to gain a few inches.

On this occasion the black shoes - which featured cross-like symbols on the front - lent him the height to stand shoulder to shoulder with his wife at the charity dinner at London's Hampton Court Palace.

Article continuesadvertisement
Fans of the band have debated for years about the Irish rocker's exact height.

Disagreeing with the official figures that put him at 5ft 8 in, fans who have stood alongside Bono claim he is shorter.

^ Guess not, JC!

U2 frontman Bono gains an extra few inches in a pair of black platform shoes, aka creepers, at the Raisa Gorbachev Foundation Party in Stud House, Hampton Court on Saturday in Kingston, England.

Accompanying him to the charity event was his wife Ali Hewson.

Bono is about 5′6″ tall and likes wearing shoes several inches high. On this occasion, his shoes featured cross-like symbols on the tops.

I think it's hilarious that they say"cross-like symbols" instead of just saying there are crosses on his shoes. I mean it's pretty obvious that they are crosses not cross-like.

Dana

I thought this was funny...what? no one ever noticed his shoes until now? :laugh:

Bono, the diminutive musician turned global debt campaigner, has been caught out trying to boost his stature.

DANIEL DEME/WENN
Bono's shoes at the Raisa Gorbachev Foundation Gala Dinner at Hampton Court Palace in London
The U2 frontman was photographed wearing shoes several inches high at the Raisa Gorbachev Foundation Gala Dinner, posing with wife Ali Hewson.

Bono, real name Paul Hewson, is reportedly only 5ft 6.5in tall and frequently seeks ways to gain a few inches.

On this occasion the black shoes - which featured cross-like symbols on the front - lent him the height to stand shoulder to shoulder with his wife at the charity dinner at London's Hampton Court Palace.

Article continuesadvertisement
Fans of the band have debated for years about the Irish rocker's exact height.

Disagreeing with the official figures that put him at 5ft 8 in, fans who have stood alongside Bono claim he is shorter.

They make it such a big deal!..like we didn't notice Bono trying to increase his height like 30 years now!!...I guess they are slow in news!:rolleyes:

Bono the bigfoot moves in mysterious ways - Telegraph

:lol: Ali's shoes are like 20 feet high platform wedges! They make it sound like even Ali is taller than Bono. :giggle:

But oh my gosh these are the most amazingly lovely pics I have seen in so long. Bono is always most beautiful when Ali is around. :yes: :heart:

Thanks everyone for all the lovely pics. They look absolutely stunning, truly amazing. :drool:

Now we were all made aware of Bono's height issues as if that's news to us, but has anyone notice that this time he dressed mighty fine, new suit AND tucked IN shirt :shocked:
That's a first in a long time, I guess he's showing off his new waistline :sexywink:

Last edited:
I'd really love to know how Bono managed to lose weight. I want to know his secret. :scream:

The man is looking very fine, especially considering his age.

I love the blue (Red) shades, they suit him better than the red ones.

RaisaGorbachevFoundationGaladinn-5.jpg

I absolutely love this picture! It reminds me of when Bono tried to put B.B. King on speakerphone on his birthday during a Vertigo tour concert & couldn't figure out how to do that.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom