Bono at the Cannes film festival, may 26 2006

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MsPurrl said:

Yes, I do see short hair, because he had short hair when he was at THE CANNES FILM FESTIVAL. The subject of the thread, however, is/was Bono at the Cannes Film Festival, not Bono's Short Hair at the Cannes Film Festival.

You're welcome.

Well I don't see short hair, short hair is more like the Beautiful Day video. This is more akin to dry, brittle, grass stubble with bare spots, like someone's dying lawn gnawed by goats. Just because a thread has one type of hair in the pics doesn't mean others can't be mentioned or discussed. After all enough people dissed his longer hair in other threads, even trashing the mullet in mullet threads. Some of us miss his luxurious thick dark mane and we have a right to express this opinion as much as others used to go 'he should cut off that hair' in the other threads. Be careful what you wish for, for this weedwacking has really exposed more than should ever have been seen. Please, Bono, grow this brittle stubble back out into some soft hair, at least enough to cover the bare patches. Sigh, it's just awful.

And yes, this is the Cannes Festival Thread, so any comment on these pics should be okay. I dared not say a word in the "Africa" thread since as someone mentioned it was about his cause, not his looks. But now we're back to looks. So I'm going to discuss looks. It is PLEBA after all, girls.

Laurel Hill said:

Well I don't see short hair, short hair is more like the Beautiful Day video. This is more akin to dry, brittle, grass stubble with bare spots, like someone's dying lawn gnawed by goats. Just because a thread has one type of hair in the pics doesn't mean others can't be mentioned or discussed. After all enough people dissed his longer hair in other threads, even trashing the mullet in mullet threads. Some of us miss his luxurious thick dark mane and we have a right to express this opinion as much as others used to go 'he should cut off that hair' in the other threads. Be careful what you wish for, for this weedwacking has really exposed more than should ever have been seen. Please, Bono, grow this brittle stubble back out into some soft hair, at least enough to cover the bare patches. Sigh, it's just awful.

And yes, this is the Cannes Festival Thread, so any comment on these pics should be okay. I dared not say a word in the "Africa" thread since as someone mentioned it was about his cause, not his looks. But now we're back to looks. So I'm going to discuss looks. It is PLEBA after all, girls.

don't you EVER get tired of bitching about Bono's hair?

U2Girl1978 said:
How about we dedicate this whole entire Pleba forum to Bono? I bet everyone would like that right? :huh:

How many stupid hair threads of his do we need anyways? I am so sick and tired of seeing threads about Bono, Bono, Bono. You kids do realize there are 3 other members of this band?
Speaking as a non-Bono girl, I agree that this place goes overboard with the "OMG, Bono Bono Bono!!", however he does make more public appearances and is far more visible than the other guys. It's only natural that there's going to be more to talk about with Bono :shrug:

Relax, everyone. Who cares if we're talking about long hair or short hair or whatever. As long as it's related to his Cannes appearance, it shouldn't make much of a difference :)

Kids, kids and my PLEBA friends, please stop arguing can't people just have fun? If I wanted to listen to (read) people arguing I could really sit down and listen to my kids all day. Play nice please.

I wonder how many purple shirts Bono has?:scratch:

U2Girl1978 said:
Honestly, there should be an equal amount of threads about each member. But ya know what, I'm not going to argue. It's a moot point. This whole forum is a joke nowadays.
Not trying to argue, just saying that there's an obvious abundance of Bono material to be had. There's just bound to be an imbalance. Some of it's due to that, some of it's due to Bono fangirls.

I'd also say calling this forum a joke is a bit harsh. Contribute to make it better or stay away if it's that intolerable. I've said it before, the arguments and drama are far more unpleasant than anything on here. Keep it positive.

I always wonder why the people who complain about there being too many Bono topics are making these comments in the threads with BONO in the title. Just don't visit those threads. Everyone will be happier. And kafrun is right, he is a more public personality so naturally there is just more about him out there.

kafrun said:

I'd also say calling this forum a joke is a bit harsh. Contribute to make it better or stay away if it's that intolerable. I've said it before, the arguments and drama are far more unpleasant than anything on here. Keep it positive.

Are you a mod? :eyebrow:

Didn't think so. You can stop acting like one anytime.

arw9797 said:

Are you a mod? :eyebrow:

Didn't think so. You can stop acting like one anytime.
Do you see me editing posts or locking threads? :eyebrow:

Do you come here to do anything other than complain or do you have something to contribute? I'm saying we should be more tolerant of each other and keep things positive, is that really so offensive to your sensibilities?

Otherwise, I won't carry this on with you here. You're welcome to PM me. :shrug:

In my opinon would it not be better to PM the person(s) about your concerns and keep the drama out of the actual threads???...
I mean I posted a "certain" pic some time back and someone was nice enough to PM me about her concern for posting the pic..therefore it was kept out of the thread...And I thank you for that..no need to stir up needless drama..
I know that there are a lot more pics to share about Bono , but those fans of the other members are more than welcomed to start a thread of said ignored members..I myself favor Bono and Edge....
I do agree though that every thread does not have to be about Bono's cute new hair style;) .. I get a bit irritated when the thread gets off topic, but I hate drama..I dont want to see this thread closed...:sad:

Back to topic....

I hope more Edge
pics pop up soon he really looks very POP-ish.....I wonder how Larry and Adam are spending their time off would have been great to have seen them all together at Cannes:)

Last edited:
BonoFox1 said:
Back to topic....

I hope more Edge
pics pop up soon he really looks very POP-ish.....I wonder how Larry and Adam are spending their time off would have been great to have seen them all together at Cannes:)
Yes! I'm hoping some Larry or Adam pics surface soon too, but I'm not holding my breath :shifty:

So glad to see Edge looking happy and rested. I'm thinking it's a good sign :)

kafrun said:

Do you see me editing posts or locking threads? :eyebrow:

Do you come here to do anything other than complain or do you have something to contribute? I'm saying we should be more tolerant of each other and keep things positive, is that really so offensive to your sensibilities?

Otherwise, I won't carry this on with you here. You're welcome to PM me. :shrug:

yeah I come here to complain. I'm totally the one that started bitching about Bono's hair, again.

Do you come to pleba to try to be the good guy and save the day? Any thread where there's a disagreement of any type, you seem to have to step in and try to mod.

I have no desire to PM you. Do not PM me. Please.

I'm REALLY tired of people talking about contributing. Please quit telling long time members to contribute. I don't share pictures, old or new, with any of you anymore due to the attitude around here. Why should I share anything with a bunch of people who rarely say thank you and just bitch about what they see?

nium said:

d06mon1975.jpg

d06mon1981.jpg

These are great pics!! Darn those watermarks!!...So Wyclef and Bon sang Redemption song huh??..I thought they would have sang New Day...I wish this was televised would be great to see it live!!!

kafrun said:

Not trying to argue, just saying that there's an obvious abundance of Bono material to be had. There's just bound to be an imbalance. Some of it's due to that, some of it's due to Bono fangirls.

It's quite difficult to make this forum any better because quite honestly it's just gotten worse within the past 6 months. Newer members don't care to look on the 2nd or 3rd pages of threads and instead they post the same things over and over. I didn't think that some of you would actually run people out of this forum with your immature behavior but it's happened. Some of you don't realize, that we have kids in here and here we are talking about certain body parts that shouldn't be talked about. I'm seriously fed up with this forum and some of the members in it. Sorry to say, but that's how I feel.

And Bonofox, I would have to pm practically the entire pleban community save for some people who actually listen and care about the forum to voice my concerns to them.

Oh and btw, why do I still come in this forum? Because I like to see some of the pics in the threads. Unfortunately, it's become a chat fest between people that it's beyond ridiculous.

Last edited:
kafrun said:

Yes! I'm hoping some Larry or Adam pics surface soon too, but I'm not holding my breath :shifty:

So glad to see Edge looking happy and rested. I'm thinking it's a good sign :)

Well hopefully there will be some sightings of Adam and Larry once Bono and Edge return to Dublin to work on the new songs!!!Think they might play new songs on the continuation of the tour??..That would be cool..we'll have to wait and see!;)

and Yes Edge is looking so good..it's like he doesnt age!!! or is aging verrrry well!:kiss:

arw9797 said:

yeah I come here to complain. I'm totally the one that started bitching about Bono's hair, again.

Do you come to pleba to try to be the good guy and save the day? Any thread where there's a disagreement of any type, you seem to have to step in and try to mod.

I have no desire to PM you. Do not PM me. Please.

I'm REALLY tired of people talking about contributing. Please quit telling long time members to contribute. I don't share pictures, old or new, with any of you anymore due to the attitude around here. Why should I share anything with a bunch of people who rarely say thank you and just bitch about what they see?
:crack: If I see a good reason to say something, I will. That's me. If that's the worst thing about me, I guess I'm doing better than some people on here :|

If you refuse to PM, don't continue arguing with me on here. Keep it in private or STOP.

kafrun said:

:crack: If I see a good reason to say something, I will. That's me. If that's the worst thing about me, I guess I'm doing better than some people on here :|

If you refuse to PM, don't continue arguing with me on here. Keep it in private or STOP.

I guess I must be the "some people on here." :| Oh and by the way, it works both ways. If I see a good reason to say something then I will. Especially if it's another conversation about Bono's haircut!

Oh and yes mod...I'll STOP now. :| I'm going to bed. Enjoy waiting for Bono to grow his hair back and dye it red.

kafrun said:
I'm gonna say 17. I don't know why, that just number just popped in my head :wink:
I don't think it's that many. Maybe eight or nine though. I like these pics though, I think this particular shade of purple (it's sort of duskier) looks a little better on him than the richer shade he usually wears. Though to me, he'll always look best in hot pink (like the Milan pics). He looks good in green too, especially the green shades.

(I wonder if I ever talk like a mod around here. If I do, it's because I used to be one, on a different site. Might I make a suggestion: As tempting as it may be, don't add fuel to the fire, even if your intentions are good. Just ignore any offending posts, because responding to them just elicits more responses, and further pulls the thread off-topic.)

DreamOutLoud13 said:

I don't think it's that many. Maybe eight or nine though. I like these pics though, I think this particular shade of purple (it's sort of duskier) looks a little better on him than the richer shade he usually wears. Though to me, he'll always look best in hot pink (like the Milan pics). He looks good in green too, especially the green shades.

(I wonder if I ever talk like a mod around here. If I do, it's because I used to be one, on a different site. Might I make a suggestion: As tempting as it may be, don't add fuel to the fire, even if your intentions are good. Just ignore any offending posts, because responding to them just elicits more responses, and further pulls the thread off-topic.)

Yeah, I like the richness of the colours :)

I used to be a mod somewhere else too. I don't think what I say has anything to do with being mod-like though and has everything to do with speaking as one adult to another. Sometimes I ignore, sometimes I don't. Sometimes it's worthwhile, sometimes it's not. :happy:

kafrun said:

Yeah, I like the richness of the colours :)

I used to be a mod somewhere else too. I don't think what I say has anything to do with being mod-like though and has everything to do with speaking as one adult to another. Sometimes I ignore, sometimes I don't. Sometimes it's worthwhile, sometimes it's not. :happy:

Sometimes narcissism knocks one on one's arse... sometimes it doesn't. :flirt:

It may SEEM a good idea to take disagreements and problems between individuals to PMs, but it doesn't usually work out that way, and this is why- most people don't (though they won't admit it) want it taken off the board in private, they WANT the drama, but MOST of all, they want to publically humiliate the other person, or, even better, make them look so bad that they get others to jump in on 'their' side against the other person(s) and then feel vindicated, cool, superior, or victorious.

What usually happens is, (if it doesn't get locked first) the more agressive personality wins out, regardless of if their 'side' was right or wrong, because some people will just clam up rather than fight, and some people have 'possies' at their backs while other people have friends who 'don't want to get involoved.' I am NOT talking about this thread in particular, for this hasn't gotten that bad, just a general observation. I have seen it on other parts of this site, and on many other forums around the net. (I'm a mod on 2 other forums, and I have had to delete many a post and lock many a thread) It's, unfortunately, a bad side of human nature.

In the case of Bono's hair, there is no right or wrong, it's all opinions. However, I don't see why those of us who don't like this current look can't say it when we see a picture of it, after all, when it was longer we sure had to endure a lot of jabs and comments from those who didn't like it that way, I guess they just don't want to hear it, but maybe others didn't want to hear the other crap either. So it's like this, as a 'mod' (not here of course) I'd say either allow bashing of ANY look, or say it's not okay to bash ANY look, but it's not right to have it okay to criticize one then have those same people jump all over someone else for not liking theirs. It goes BOTH ways. It's only fair.

About the people who complain about too many Bono threads, well, I see plenty on the other guys, if there aren't enouigh for you, start more. If not enough people post in them, there's nothing you can do about that, you can't force everyone to post where you want them to. I know it gets frustrating sometimes to start a thread and have no one post, but that's the way it goes.

And I do like the purple shirt.

Last edited:
Laurel Hill said:
In the case of Bono's hair, there is no right or wrong, it's all opinions. However, I don't see why those of us who don't like this current look can't say it when we see a picture of it, after all, when it was longer we sure had to endure a lot of jabs and comments from those who didn't like it that way, I guess they just don't want to hear it, but maybe others didn't want to hear the other crap either.
[/B]

The one thing I can say about this is it's alright to have an opinion on his hair but to harp on it over and over again gets seriously annoying. How many times a week do we need to hear from you how ugly he looks because he has shorter hair? You have done it constantly. WE KNOW that you don't like the hair. Don't contribute to the thread restating that you hate the hair. Because quite frankly there are other threads about Bono and his longer hair.

Why I keep responding to any of this is beyond me! You don't listen to what anyone says anyways.

Before this thread gets totally derailed and I apologize for contributing to a bit of the derailment:

A little FYI:

The song that Bono sang with Wyclef Jean was "Redemption Song" for some of you that didn't know that.

Back
Top Bottom