Bono at Davos Summit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bratty_cat

War Child
Anyone see or hear if Bono is at the Davos summit this year? I think it's going on now and I heard there is supposed to be a big announcement re a program he is working on with different companies. If it's announced there, I'm guessing he will be involved.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel (R) poses with Irish singer Bono during the World Economic Forum (WEF) in Davos, Switzerland, January 25, 2006.

f38c3771.jpg

a67a8540.jpg

f9557c0a.jpg

kellyahern said:
German Chancellor Angela Merkel (R) poses with Irish singer Bono during the World Economic Forum (WEF) in Davos, Switzerland, January 25, 2006.
a67a8540.jpg

I'm a GOOD boy! :D

And that was today? Whoa... just puts my life in perspective. I was sitting around at school, doing shit all, and telling my friends about U2, yet again, whilst Bono in Davos.

d9c5a6a9.jpg

Irish rock musician Bono, right, shares a lighter moment with the waitstaff behind the scenes at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, Wednesday Jan. 25, 2006. Global business and government leaders kicked off the annual meeting of the World Economic Forum Wednesday, with an emphasis on using creativity to advance commerce, find peace and ensure prosperity for all. (AP Photo/Anja Niedringhaus) Email Photo Print Photo

Thanks for the pics Kelly! :bow:

kellyahern said:

He's looking very good :drool: as usual, but... did he only pack two different outfits for his little roundtrip in Europe? Just gotta :heart: this man - he's the biggest rockstar of all times, travels in a private jet and could bring tons of luggage, but just not Bono... :cute:

Last edited:
you might wanna keep an eye on CNN the next few days.

Next Steps for Africa

Date 27.1.2006

Last year saw major new commitments by the G-8 to increase aid and reduce debt in Africa. Yet the UN World Summit pointed to Africa's faltering progress towards reaching the Millennium Development Goals.

1) What is the role of African, G-8 and business leaders in making the promises of 2005 a reality?
2) Can broad public support to alleviate poverty and disease on the continent be maintained?
3) How will the completion of the Doha Round trade talks impact Africa?

Bono, Musician, DATA (Debt, AIDS and Trade in Africa), United Kingdom
Gordon Brown, Chancellor of the Exchequer of the United Kingdom
Niall FitzGerald, Chairman, Reuters, United Kingdom; Member of the Foundation Board of the World Economic Forum
Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf, President of Liberia
Olusegun Obasanjo, President of Nigeria
Paul D. Wolfowitz, President, World Bank, Washington DC
Moderated by
Rebecca Anderson, Anchor, CNN International, United Kingdom

you'll be able to watch the whole thing on the 28th here: http://gaia.world-television.com/wef/worldeconomicforum_annualmeeting2006/default.aspx?sn=16175

and here's the whole program: http://gaia.world-television.com/wef/worldeconomicforum_annualmeeting2006/default.aspx

looks like he'll also be at a press conference tomorrow

hopefully it's a pic from today
story.bono.cnn.jpg

oops- apparently it's not from today. Oh well, just drool over it anyways

Last edited:
bonosummit.jpg

apparently this one is not from today either. Thanks for the correction anjarw. My bad :reject:

damn google :madspit:

Last edited:
mmmh not sure but i think those two photos are from last year..and the CNN article as well..they're talking about how they met on thursday and thursday is tomorrow (or today in my time zone) right?

ah it actually says: posted on Thursday, January 27, 2005 :)

Last edited:
He looks so good. I agree with all the girls here... In my honest opinion, the years make him HOTTER. :DROOL:

I love the hair, the jacket, the smile :drool:

I Love You, Paul Hewson, a.k.a Bono!

Lila64 said:
:mad: I'll refrain from googling from now on, I promise. I'll leave it to you experts

14.gif

no! :( i didn't mean to sound ungrateful or anything like that. i'm really sorry, if you thought i wouldn't appreciate it. just wanted to clear that up, so nobody thought those pics are from this year.

No, not at all. I just feel stupid for not seeing the date on the pages that I googled. I was just trying to help. No hard feelings :hug:

so what if they're old photos - they're still our man, right? :yes:

anjarw said:
1) What is the role of African, G-8 and business leaders in making the promises of 2005 a reality?
2) Can broad public support to alleviate poverty and disease on the continent be maintained?
3) How will the completion of the Doha Round trade talks impact Africa?

Bono, Musician, DATA (Debt, AIDS and Trade in Africa), United Kingdom

Uhm... Bono from the United Kingdom?? Last time I checked the Republic of Ireland hadn't been a part of the UK for the last about 85 years...

Back
Top Bottom