Bono at Davos Summit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
52070342.jpg

805d3b46.jpg

This is apparently Bono’s “World Economic Forum” coat :giggle:

:nerd:

Bono Mot said:
Lately, I've had this raging urge to bite his lower lip. It's not going away, either. Where's my therapist's hotline number?!:crazy:

I sent the link w/Bono and Bocelli (sounds like a new line of pasta meals) to my mad Italian friend. She called me within minutes of getting it, rattling off something in Italian...when she calmed down she said to be sure to thank whoever found this! So, thanks again, from her. (In Italian!)
[/QUOTE

Imagine being a therapist and hearing this! :D

"Hi, I have a problem. I have this insane need to bite Bono's lower lip!" :D

My friends have the prob with me too the same way... Glad I'm not the only Bono obsessive!

I came in to work today to see RED banners in all of our elevators and RED magnets everywhere all over our office building and a picture of Bono and I on my company intranet! I work for one of the companies participating in the project. I heard about it last year and knew it was a go when Bono visited our offices in November! I was on vacation that day (getting ready to hit the GA line) but my coworkers called me and I made it in just in time to meet him, get a bunch of stuff signed and a picture. He was incredibly kind and sweet and took quite a bit of time to talk to me. I still can't believe that after being a fan for 20 years, I met him at the office! It's still unbelieveable!

bratty_cat said:
I came in to work today to see RED banners in all of our elevators and RED magnets everywhere all over our office building and a picture of Bono and I on my company intranet! I work for one of the companies participating in the project. I heard about it last year and knew it was a go when Bono visited our offices in November! I was on vacation that day (getting ready to hit the GA line) but my coworkers called me and I made it in just in time to meet him, get a bunch of stuff signed and a picture. He was incredibly kind and sweet and took quite a bit of time to talk to me. I still can't believe that after being a fan for 20 years, I met him at the office! It's still unbelieveable!

I work for the same company and it was cool to bring up the internet and see him there and that we are one of the participating companies. That's awesome that you made it in to meet him!

My father says that Bono's supposed to be on CNBC's "On The Money" program (or there's going to be a report about today) sometime within the hour.

Sorry, I wish I could be more specific :reject:.

edit: I think it's on now

edit2: It's over now. It was just a quick, on the run interview (they interviewed Bono as he was walking :lol: )

Last edited:
thanks for the pics and the clips and the links (added to the waiting list too :wink: )

I don't wear Converse, but $395 for those shoes? :yikes:

And what company are all of you working for that is participating? :hmm: lucky you got to meet him back in November bratty_cat

Lila64 said:
thanks for the pics and the clips and the links (added to the waiting list too :wink: )

I don't wear Converse, but $395 for those shoes? :yikes:

And what company are all of you working for that is participating? :hmm: lucky you got to meet him back in November bratty_cat

Yeah, I just watched the clip with the shoe price :yikes:.

I think I'll stick with the credit card :wink:

um...who is going to buy a $395 pair of chucks?

maybe the gap clothes will be more reasonable.

the amex card is a great idea, though. count me in on that!

bratty_cat said:
I still can't believe that after being a fan for 20 years, I met him at the office! It's still unbelieveable!

Congratulations! I’ve been a fan for almost 24 years and it never happened, but I keep telling myself that I’ll meet them same day.:sigh:

Thank you girls for the video links... you're awesome!

i love everything about this new idea, except for the price of those shoes!!! $395:crazy: And the Converse guy's so proud anouncing the price and the $15- 20 contribution to the manufacturers!! :ohmy:

I would love to get the credit card, though...and the t-shirts, and any other affordable product they come up with!

julianamendoza said:
Thank you girls for the video links... you're awesome!

i love everything about this new idea, except for the price of those shoes!!! $395:crazy: And the Converse guy's so proud anouncing the price and the $15- 20 contribution to the manufacturers!! :ohmy:

I would love to get the credit card, though...and the t-shirts, and any other affordable product they come up with!

getawtf.gif

yeah, Converse boy said 10% right? And then the interviewer turned around to the wholesale cost/contribution of $15-20 if I remember (it's been hours since I watched the clip). Either way, waaaaaaaaay too much money for a pair of frickin' shoes! Make them semi-affordable, you sell more, thus you raise more money. Who the hell could afford a $400 pair of sneakers? That would probably cover a lifetime supply of Nike regular walking shoes for me, and my one pair will last many many years. Sheeesh :|

ok, rant over
:wink:

ETA: Just think, one pair of Converse shoes or my one R-T ticket to Hawaii in April :huh:

Last edited:
There are definitely people who are in the market for a 400.00 pair of designer sneakers. If 1000 people by those sneakers ( i'm sure at least that many will...), that is still a nice chunk of change for the Global Fund.

Personally, I am very interested in the Red Amex card, and hope that it will become available in the US soon. I think it's such a fabulous idea. Use your purchasing power to fund the Global Fund, wow.

Bono and Bobby Shriver=marketing geniuses.

Thanks for posting the link. Too bad the Gap guy kept turning his head while talking - you could barely make out what he was saying.

On a side note, I think someone should contact Split Enz and license one of their old songs for some sort of marketing at some point... I could see it now on a commercial. Of course the song it 'I See Red'

Back
Top Bottom