Bono at Claremont McKenna College

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bonohero said:

DID get to attend the Salute to Greatness Award ceremony in Atlanta a few years ago when Bono was honored. It is a yearly award given by the Martin Luther King Jr family. We got to listen to his speech!!! It was so awesome. I'll have to post the program scan here a bit later.

bonohero I have been trying forever to get my hands on that program (I collect them). I know the chance is slim, but I just HAVE to ask you if you have an extra you wouldn't mind passing on to another fan? Either way, I'd love to see scans of it.
Ps I remember you telling your story of Bono kissing your hand. So fine!

Mustreed@aol.com

Val said:

bonohero I have been trying forever to get my hands on that program (I collect them). I know the chance is slim, but I just HAVE to ask you if you have an extra you wouldn't mind passing on to another fan? Either way, I'd love to see scans of it.
Ps I remember you telling your story of Bono kissing your hand. So fine!

Mustreed@aol.com

I know that we have two copies of the program (one from my boyfriend/husband and mine). I know that my program is in a box in my closet, but I don't know where his is. He probably wouldn't care if I gave his away, but I'm not sure. I'll have to look for it and if I find it, I'll ask him. I'll let you know what happens. I will definitely post the scans as soon as I can. If my baby wasn't sleeping in the room mine is in, I'd get it now. I'll probably scan it tomorrow.

Val, have you been to see any of Bono's speeches or attended any events?

u2jesusgirl said:

He managed to get in most my shots, but I could never get over to him to talk to him.....

I know I REALLY wanted to get that scrapbook to him to give her for me.
It turned out really beautiful....

(Last time I gave her pix of little Brandon for Kelly/Brandon, to give to her hubby.LOL! I decided it was her turn to get something special)

I know, when he said it I was in a state of shock for sure, because I wouldn't believe it....

Just got back from NY!!...Had a FABULOUS TIME!!!...I read your story yesterday Dion!!! Im SO GLAD you made it in and goit to see him!! event like that are way better than the presentations like the NY one where autograph hounds and paps are attacting him!!:|
Glad you all had a GREAT time and I enjoyed all the pics that were taken!...

I hope fans got to see him in Las Vegas too :)

BonoFox1 said:

Just got back from NY!!...Had a FABULOUS TIME!!!...I read your story yesterday Dion!!! Im SO GLAD you made it in and goit to see him!! event like that are way better than the presentations like the NY one where autograph hounds and paps are attacting him!!:|
Glad you all had a GREAT time and I enjoyed all the pics that were taken!...

I hope fans got to see him in Las Vegas too :)

like Lila and Maddy, I REALLY missed you not being there with me and Cheryl!!!

DION!!!:hug: I was fortunate enough to get really up close to him in NY but was it not for the stupid paps I would have been able to talk to him...I glad you got to see him and have him sign your pic Dion :D...I hope Cheryl got close enough to him this time and I know you and I are going to be in another U2/Bono adventure soon ;)

I havent unpacked yet but I will share a few pics I took in NY hopefully in a few hours so stay tuned :)

bonohero said:

I know that we have two copies of the program (one from my boyfriend/husband and mine). I know that my program is in a box in my closet, but I don't know where his is. He probably wouldn't care if I gave his away, but I'm not sure. I'll have to look for it and if I find it, I'll ask him. I'll let you know what happens. I will definitely post the scans as soon as I can. If my baby wasn't sleeping in the room mine is in, I'd get it now. I'll probably scan it tomorrow.

Val, have you been to see any of Bono's speeches or attended any events?

Thank you, bonohero.

I did get to see Bono at the Liberty Medal awards. It was great! He is so sweet to his fans.

I do have some doubles of a few collectibles, so if there is something you have been looking for, let me know and I'll see if I have an extra.

Last edited:
BonoFox1 said:
DION!!!:hug: I was fortunate enough to get really up close to him in NY but was it not for the stupid paps I would have been able to talk to him...

I'm am so sorry that happened to you, BonoFox1. Professional autograph hunters were pushing me around in Philly. I couldn't believe it. I actually pushed right back and I'm not that way. I was so pissed!

Last edited:
Val said:
BonoFox1 said:
DION!!!:hug: I was fortunate enough to get really up close to him in NY but was it not for the stupid paps I would have been able to talk to him...

I'm am so sorry that happened to you, BonoFox1. Professional autograph hunters were pushing me around in Philly. I couldn't believe it. I actually pushed right back and I'm not that way. I was so pissed!

yeah, you have to get agressive with them becasue they are in it for the money and we are ther as true fans!! I didnt let them push me around at all :)

Back
Top Bottom