Bono at Claremont McKenna College

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great pictures here ;)

onekea said:

:yes: but, before, don't we miss this:

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 31
Mandalay Bay Convention Center, Las Vegas
Bono Speaks at IMPACT Conference
11:00am – 12:30pm Closing General Session
Featured Speaker: Bono, Musician and campaigner against AIDS and poverty in Africa
http://www.impact.schwab.com/confagenda.html

I'm happy to think he's going to work again on the new album but I'm sure once he will be back home I'll miss all this rove of him here and there...geez, it's almost a month that we have updates pics and news about his movements!

so, this must be over by now, hopefully we'll see some pics soon :)

Zey gave me permission to post a couple of hers....ENJOY!!!

zeycloseup.jpg

zey3.jpg

zey5.jpg

And the BEST for last!!!

Zey and Bono..

zeyandbono.jpg

u2jesusgirl said:

The Bono experience L.A. style = no food, no sleep, no potty breaks, strangers shoving, pushing you, elbows in your chest, bumps, bruises, and oh yeh BONO remembering you!! All worth the torture.... haha!!!

priceless !

u2jesusgirl said:

The Bono experience L.A. style = no food, no sleep, no potty breaks, strangers shoving, pushing you, elbows in your chest, bumps, bruises, and oh yeh BONO remembering you!! All worth the torture.... haha!!!
OHH MY GOODD!!! Dion Im so happy for you!!!! congrats!!!!
lots of love for u!!!!
(how could he forget you??)

:hug:

u2jesusgirl said:

Kristin, thank you for being there for me!!!
Esp this morning when I was half dead sitting in the airport. You made the time go by faster!!!! It was fun trying to talk you over the phone last night with all that huge loud crowd giving you the update!!!

JG

It was absolutely my pleasure to be there for you. That's what friends are for, right? :wink: I'm just glad that you remembered me in all the chaos. :crazy: I have loved hearing updates, from the Edun event and this one. Now, if only I could do some Bono stalking, I mean, hang out with Bono. :giggle: I'm in desperate need of some of his attention. You know what I mean, JG. You know how I can :blahblah: about him with you. I :heart: you lots!!!

I am so glad to see something posted on Interference about this event and that someone actually made it. I wanted to go so badly but couldn't get off work. I get closer and closer to making one of his So. Calif appearances. I want so desperately to listen to one of his speeches! They are so inspiring listening to audio or reading the transcription, I can only imagine hearing in person! Thanks, Dion, for sharing your experience and all the photos, and I am also waiting to see if anyone is going to be sharing from the Vegas appearance.

u2jesusgirl said:

Just like the Philly experience! I must say though a New York crowd waiting for Bono. :up:

bonohero and jesusgirl, WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DAY!!! I am so thrilled for you both. Dreams do come true.
Thank you for the WONDERFUL pictures.

Bonohero, how will you wipe that smile from your face!!!!!! It's okay, it will always be in your heart!!!!!!!!!

U2Jesusgirl - WOW. your are so lucky!!!!!

This would have been me :drool: :faint: get up :drool: :faint: again.

bonohero said:

It was absolutely my pleasure to be there for you. That's what friends are for, right? :wink: I'm just glad that you remembered me in all the chaos. :crazy: I have loved hearing updates, from the Edun event and this one. Now, if only I could do some Bono stalking, I mean, hang out with Bono. :giggle: I'm in desperate need of some of his attention. You know what I mean, JG. You know how I can :blahblah: about him with you. I :heart: you lots!!!

I wouldn't have made it waiting for an hour and a half for my flight with no sleep the night before...I had too much BONO BUZZ going thru my head that kept me awake. haha!! Btw you and Ceallach, you both kept me going... I know how BADLY you want to see Bono. :hug: so here is to wishing and hoping they finish that new album, Bono doing some more speeches after, so you can go see him too (and everyone else)!!!! :hug: I :heart: you lots too!!!!

LILA, I got you and Maddy a program to have if you want one!!!??!!! :hug:

u2jesusgirl said:
I scanned the program for your viewing pleasure!!!

I wonder why he keeps using this picture for all his speeches tho. His hair has been short now for well over a year.....I just think they could use an updated picture you know...haha...

2007-11-01-1016-53.jpg

2007-11-01-1019-06.jpg

2007-11-01-1020-02.jpg

blm said:
bonohero and jesusgirl, WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DAY!!! I am so thrilled for you both. Dreams do come true.
Thank you for the WONDERFUL pictures.

Bonohero, how will you wipe that smile from your face!!!!!! It's okay, it will always be in your heart!!!!!!!!!

Just wanted to clarify any confusion: I didn't attend this function because I live all the way on the other side of the US and could not afford the airfare. My only part in being connected to this whole thing is by talking to u2jesusgirl several times and updating her website for her. The girl in the pictures with Bono is a California resident who has had some serious Bono luck/fortune from God in recent months. Her name is Zey. Hope that helps!

It was truly a blessing getting those extra tickets....I wanted it SO bad. We had a choice to watch a live feed of it on another campus, but found out by chance that they were going to hand out for free the tix that were extra.

I felt like you, wanting to just hear him give a speech LIVE like that. It was truly inspiring even more so LIVE!!! I hope some day he will come back to Calif again, so you can have another chance. I would have loved to have met you there this last time!!! I met so many great fans who I am going to stay in touch with now!!!

Carek1230 said:
I am so glad to see something posted on Interference about this event and that someone actually made it. I wanted to go so badly but couldn't get off work. I get closer and closer to making one of his So. Calif appearances. I want so desperately to listen to one of his speeches! They are so inspiring listening to audio or reading the transcription, I can only imagine hearing in person! Thanks, Dion, for sharing your experience and all the photos, and I am also waiting to see if anyone is going to be sharing from the Vegas appearance.

bonohero said:

Just wanted to clarify any confusion: I didn't attend this function because I live all the way on the other side of the US and could not afford the airfare. My only part in being connected to this whole thing is by talking to u2jesusgirl several times and updating her website for her. The girl in the pictures with Bono is a California resident who has had some serious Bono luck/fortune from God in recent months. Her name is Zey. Hope that helps!

I was teasing Zey that she had to have crawled under peoples legs on the ground to get to him as fast as she did, but actually HE saw her & came to her!! He finally reconizes her now. YAHOO!!! He was really happy to see her. So CUTE!!!!

I kept called Kristin right after we met Bono while we were waiting in line for the tix. She could hear all the mass craziness going on...haha!!

bonohero said:

Oh, I WAS confused. Well, you played a great part in it anyway.
You haven't met him, bonohero?? Have you tried, or wanted to? What state do you live in?
And LUCKY ZEY, then.

Originally posted by u2jesusgirl

zeycloseup.jpg

There's something about this photo that I love...thanks for sharing these. They're great. Congratulations on your awesome meeting.

U2FloridaFan said:
Originally posted by u2jesusgirl

zeycloseup.jpg

There's something about this photo that I love...thanks for sharing these. They're great. Congratulations on your awesome meeting.

I would say it is that SMILE he is flashing!!! So CUTE!!!!! He was SOOO happy!!!!
Glad to share them with you all!!! (Zey too! :))

u2jesusgirl said:
I scanned the program for your viewing pleasure!!!

I wonder why he keeps using this picture for all his speeches tho. His hair has been short now for well over a year.....I just think they could use an updated picture you know...haha...

2007-11-01-1016-53.jpg

2007-11-01-1019-06.jpg

2007-11-01-1020-02.jpg

Would you believe that the program for the Liberty Ceremony is or was being sold on ebay? :huh:

I collect Bono/u2 programs, and Ebay has been a great way for me to get them (still lack a few). I wish I could go to all of the events, but since that's not happening, I'm glad for the opportunity to purchase them. Of course if any Interference member wants to pick me up an extra in the future, well...feel free!:wink:

blm said:

Oh, I WAS confused. Well, you played a great part in it anyway.
You haven't met him, bonohero?? Have you tried, or wanted to? What state do you live in?
And LUCKY ZEY, then.

blm, I'm glad I could get you unconfused! I have met Bono before, almost two years ago in Atlanta. There's a link to the video in the youtube thread. It was very brief. My boyfriend (now my husband) asked him if he would kiss me. Bono said he was fresh out of kisses and kissed my hand...he started to move down the line of fans and then he turned around and said "but you're gorgeous, though." I almost died of the excitement. :faint:

I live in South Carolina. I don't get too many Bono encounters here, unfortunately. :sad: We (me and my then-boyfriend and now husband) DID get to attend the Salute to Greatness Award ceremony in Atlanta a few years ago when Bono was honored. It is a yearly award given by the Martin Luther King Jr family. We got to listen to his speech!!! It was so awesome. I'll have to post the program scan here a bit later.

Anyway, I would love to have more Bono encounters one day. Until then, I'll just have to live through other's experiences. I am way addicted to the blue crack! :crack:

ok, check this out....

Here is the shot of me holding up my picture of myself and Bono to catch his attention!! I think I got it!! Look at his face!! So cute!!!

20_edited.jpg

He is listening to me here I think when I was giving him the gift bag for Ali

That is the back of my head. haha!

28_edited.jpg

27_edited.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom