Bono at Claremont McKenna College

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I AM HOME!!!!!!! FINALLY. I AM DOWNLOADING THE PIX AS I TYPE.
As Bonohero told you we all did get into the speech, I got front row center in the balcony which was really cool and I was SO thankful for getting any free ticket!! we had heard earlier that when they get any extras in they would give them out. We had to wait until after we met Bono to finally get them tho.

Ok, I got in Ontario, Calif at 4pm and by 4:30pm, myself and mysticchild were the first ones down there to wait. We chatted with some of the guys in charge of the b/stage door and they were telling us that Bono was suppose to have been there at 3pm, but they decided to stop and eat somewhere. (and had some gin and tonic according to Bono in his speech! So FUNNY!!!!!)

He finally showed up at 7pm in the black SUV. By then there were maybe 30 fans there now. A bunch of us called over to Bono and started waving him to come over and it was SO cool because he decided too. He was pretty far off too, but still came all the way over. We were suppose to stay behind the barracade but some fans on the one end closer to him ran around it and turned it into a total mob scene. I actually have bruises to prove it...it was brutal and rough. I got totally pushed out and had to find a way back in finally. To me he looked like he was about to leave when I was making it up to him and I got close enough to hold up my picture of him and I from last years Edun event to catch his attention. He stopped when he saw it and took it and I finally got closer and I told him I didn't know if he would remember or not but I was the one who gave him the daisies last year at Nordstroms and he says loud enough that all my friends even heard him say "OH I REMEMBER YOU!!!" I think I was more in a state of shock, than believing what I heard him say!! haha! He signed my picture and things were moving too fast, so I handed him this gift bag I had ready and told him there was a gift inside for his wife. (prior to leaving I made a scrapbook for Ali of the Edun event two weeks ago in L.A.) He took it and then was looking for someone with him. He finally found who ever it was and handed it off to them to hold. I think it was Brian Murphy but I couldn't see over the big Sheriff deputy! haha! That was my moment, short but sweet!!. He then turned completely around and went over to the young girl that came earlier that I met. Probably 12 years old. I was SO glad he finally got to her. I think he posed for a couple more shots with her and with my friend Zey and then he said goodbye and ran in. It was so exciting but again, pretty rough.....I don't think this place was ready for Bono fans. haha!

I couldn't believe I was sitting there listening to him give his speech. Such an honor!!!The speech was a little different to me than some of the others, but he still used some of his same jokes, like about the band doesn't know he is there and he is suppose to be in Dublin recording. I loved the beginning where they just do the little movie presentation of Africa and ends with the pix of Bono in Africa posing with different children and people. WAS SO IMPRESSIVE TO ME!! I got the impression that this could be the same thing they saw in Boston. The whole set up looked the same. I still can not believe I got in to hear my hero talk about what I love to hear him talk about AFRICA! His speech was a half an hour, and then the next half an hour was Q& A time. They prescreened the questions and just read them and then he would answer then. I saw photographers there but they big ol signs up saying NO cameras. I snuck one shot at the tail end of him and I took one only on my cell phone. When it was over he left in a hurry and was gone before anyone got around to the back that I know of.

Lila I got your text!!!! I think it came while I was sitting inside at the beginning of the speech.

Bonohero, thanks for helping me update everyone while I was there.

Mysticchild, thank you so much for taking such good care of me!!!!!

((HUGS))

Some pix are simliar only because I was afraid I wouldn't get much of a chance to get some photos...

IMG_2191.jpg

Thanks Dion for the pics :)

And last unicorn thanks for the story and link, I can post those pics a little bit later maybe.

That is funny about the "NO cameras" signage because I took a ton of pictures when Bono spoke in Boston yet there wasn't much in the papers and someone had mentioned the same "no photos" thing at that lecture (I didn't see it).
Anyway, since then, I have had several dreams about Bono being "mad" at me for bothering his eyes with my flash and actually saying (in my dream) "So you were the one taking all those pictures!"
he he

tripletmom said:
That is funny about the "NO cameras" signage because I took a ton of pictures when Bono spoke in Boston yet there wasn't much in the papers and someone had mentioned the same "no photos" thing at that lecture (I didn't see it).
Anyway, since then, I have had several dreams about Bono being "mad" at me for bothering his eyes with my flash and actually saying (in my dream) "So you were the one taking all those pictures!"
he he

I was SO scarred to take a chance because I had all those meet and greet pix of Bono on that memory card... I couldn't risk them taking it away if I got caught....

:applaud:

So cool Dion! Looks like more fans than I thought would be there (kinda like Nordstroms). So glad you got in to hear the speech too! Did many of the fans outside get in as well? So happy for you!!! :yippie:

I wish I could have been there. Maybe next time :wink:

:hug:

Dion,

I'm so happy that you got to give Bono the gift you had for Ali. I know how important that is!!!

You got some great shots! If Bono ever said to me yeah I remember you I would faint on the spot. All Brian had to do was say he remembered me and I was dizzy!!!

BTW: Nice shots of Brian too! :giggle:

JCOSTER said:
Dion,

I'm so happy that you got to give Bono the gift you had for Ali. I know how important that is!!!

You got some great shots! If Bono ever said to me yeah I remember you I would faint on the spot. All Brian had to do was say he remembered me and I was dizzy!!!

BTW: Nice shots of Brian too! :giggle:

He managed to get in most my shots, but I could never get over to him to talk to him.....

I know I REALLY wanted to get that scrapbook to him to give her for me.
It turned out really beautiful....

(Last time I gave her pix of little Brandon for Kelly/Brandon, to give to her hubby.LOL! I decided it was her turn to get something special)

I know, when he said it I was in a state of shock for sure, because I wouldn't believe it....

u2jesusgirl said:

He managed to get in most my shots, but I could never get over to him to talk to him.....

I know I REALLY wanted to get that scrapbook to him to give her for me.
It turned out really beautiful....

(Last time I gave her pix of little Brandon for Kelly/Brandon, to give to her hubby.LOL! I decided it was her turn to get something special)

I know, when he said it I was in a state of shock for sure, because I wouldn't believe it....

:yippie: :yippie: :yippie:

bonohero said:

Yay! This one is my favorite! I'm so happy for you, honey! I'm glad you're home safe too! I'll talk to you soon!

:combust: :drool: :drool: :drool: :hi5:

Kristin, thank you for being there for me!!!
Esp this morning when I was half dead sitting in the airport. You made the time go by faster!!!! It was fun trying to talk you over the phone last night with all that huge loud crowd giving you the update!!!

I think I am going to go take a nap now....
Zey has more pix but I need to ask her if it is ok to post them....She has the BEST one with Bono!!!

JG

u2jesusgirl said:

oooh! looking at this pic I get a natural instinct to stamp a big kiss on his forehead :kiss:

great pics, u2jesusgirl. I'm happy to read your story, I guess you portray all our dreams :cute:

thanks comet to post unicorn's linked pics...wow! we're like an assembly line and it works very very good :up:

last unicorn said:

Wow, are we sure that he was "only" speaking? He looks extatic in this picture.

question is: are we sure dion was "only" sitting in the audience?

:giggle:

Back
Top Bottom