Bono at Barnes and Noble!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why doesn't he come to my store? :scream: Well, good luck Olive and Mrs. Springsteen.

Man, I wanna be there!!! :scream: I have that book!
Good luck all you guys who are going there! Say hello to Bono from me and tell him that he should go to Europe too sometimes!:wink: :)))
Why he didn't do anything like this here.....:sigh:
At least he could launch Edun here... But I know it's impossible.:(

well....guess that ends my dilemma about driving into boston to see him...I am sure theres way more than 150 ppl there by now:mad:

U2Girl1978 said:
I think I'm cursed. I've had so many chances to meet him. :sad: :mad:

Don't give up, there's still a lot of tour left :yes: If not this week, there's always the fall :hug:

capt.macs10105242024.people_bono_macs101.jpg

:sad: I went and didn't get to meet him.

I took off at top speed to get into Boston. I got there around noon and they had already roped off 150 people. I was in the "maybe" line. Hey--maybe is better than nothing!!!

The 150 people moved into B&N while the maybes were in a roped area right outside the store. News media arrived and so did a massive crowd. They all parked themselves behind security outside of the entrance to the store.

Every so often a store/event employee would come out and feed us a bit of information. We were told that they would start signing books @ 1:30 and they will judge if they will have time to let in the rest of us. Well- at 2pm - we find out that Bono just got there!! He apologized and said that he would love to sign for all of us but he didn't want to get fired because he needed to get to the sound check. He didn't say that to us, that was what was relayed to us

At 3pm we're told that they have stopped signing but Bono may come out the front entrance to say hello to us. I take a look at the mob scene and I'm extremely skeptical. The maybes stay behind the ropes like the good doobies we are.

At 3:05 ish a roar is heard and out comes Bono--not that I could see him---I assume he came out because everyone in the area rushed him. Including the non-waiting maybes.

The crowd moved as one toward the stairs and escalators. I couldn't see.

The crowd moved down the stairs as one. I couldn't see. I started snapping pictures frantically - high above my head. I figured I could take a look at the pictures later and I could find Bono in them---like looking for Waldo.

Finally half way down the stairs -risking life and limb - I stop. He's by the doors surrounded by security and the mob. He stops and turns around and waves to the crowd and heads out into the street.

:sigh: Thats it. Do you think he noticed me?? :wink:

Awwww i really wish you'd got to meet him properly sweetie! :hug: :hug:

That's a shame! I know you really would have loved it! Good you at least got to see him wave if it's any conselation! :wink:

It'll happen sweetie! It seems like a trend...the first time Tara and I both tried to nab him we crashed and burned....:yes:

You want it bad enough--you'll make it happen! :hug:

*showers Sweetie with shamrocks for luck*

riderka said:
At least he could launch Edun here... But I know it's impossible.:(

Maybe not.
There are Edun's clothing being sold at El Corte Ingles in Spain and Portugal. I'm going to visit one of their stores next week.

Last edited:
sweetie said:
:sad: I went and didn't get to meet him.

I took off at top speed to get into Boston. I got there around noon and they had already roped off 150 people. I was in the "maybe" line. Hey--maybe is better than nothing!!!

The 150 people moved into B&N while the maybes were in a roped area right outside the store. News media arrived and so did a massive crowd. They all parked themselves behind security outside of the entrance to the store.

Every so often a store/event employee would come out and feed us a bit of information. We were told that they would start signing books @ 1:30 and they will judge if they will have time to let in the rest of us. Well- at 2pm - we find out that Bono just got there!! He apologized and said that he would love to sign for all of us but he didn't want to get fired because he needed to get to the sound check. He didn't say that to us, that was what was relayed to us

At 3pm we're told that they have stopped signing but Bono may come out the front entrance to say hello to us. I take a look at the mob scene and I'm extremely skeptical. The maybes stay behind the ropes like the good doobies we are.

At 3:05 ish a roar is heard and out comes Bono--not that I could see him---I assume he came out because everyone in the area rushed him. Including the non-waiting maybes.

The crowd moved as one toward the stairs and escalators. I couldn't see.

The crowd moved down the stairs as one. I couldn't see. I started snapping pictures frantically - high above my head. I figured I could take a look at the pictures later and I could find Bono in them---like looking for Waldo.

Finally half way down the stairs -risking life and limb - I stop. He's by the doors surrounded by security and the mob. He stops and turns around and waves to the crowd and heads out into the street.

:sigh: Thats it. Do you think he noticed me?? :wink:

AWW! At least you tried Sweetie! and yeah, don't give up, I keep missing Bono but the two times I was in his face, was pure luck! so there will be other opportunities!:)

Back
Top Bottom