Bono as a kid?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmalezi

War Child
looking at the world through Bono's colored glasse
My 6 year old son is so much like Bono it scares me. Can anyone post any stories they've read talking about how B was when he was young? Even as a teenager. The teacher said just the other day that my son knows how cute he is. He's "quite the charmer". I can add a few more adjectives to describe him: annoying, outgoing, smart, compassionate, doesn't shut up..... The thing is he is adopted so I can't even take too much credit for it. He is biracial, so he comes from a mixed background as well. It's kind of funny how he ended up with a long time U2 fan for a mom actually. The teacher says I'm in for a hard time when he's older. Maybe I should buy him a guitar for Christmas! All I know is Bono's parents and Ali should be sainted.:giggle:

Described by Bobby as "a bloody exasperating child", Paul got a reputation at an early age for being both absent-minded yet argumentative...traits which earned him the unholy and ironic nickname "the Antichrist" from both family and friends.

At the same time, he was starry-eyed and wickedly curious...the kind of youngster who viewed the world through rose-colored glasses, while at the same time questioning what he saw.

The most notable example of this was witnessed by both Bobby and Iris Hewson when Paul was three-years-old, playing in their backyard garden: the couple watched with both horror and fascination as their toddler lifted honeybees off the flowers on his fingertip, talked to them, then put them back on the petals without ever getting stung.

http://www.atu2.com/band/bono/

dmalezi said:
My 6 year old son is so much like Bono it scares me. Can anyone post any stories they've read talking about how B was when he was young? Even as a teenager. The teacher said just the other day that my son knows how cute he is. He's "quite the charmer". I can add a few more adjectives to describe him: annoying, outgoing, smart, compassionate, doesn't shut up..... The thing is he is adopted so I can't even take too much credit for it. He is biracial, so he comes from a mixed background as well. It's kind of funny how he ended up with a long time U2 fan for a mom actually. The teacher says I'm in for a hard time when he's older. Maybe I should buy him a guitar for Christmas! All I know is Bono's parents and Ali should be sainted.:giggle:

You must be very proud!

That's so cute about him lifting the bees off the flowers :cute:

Bono has the magic touch! :ohmy:

Don't forget the story about Bono getting kicked out of school in Grade 5 for tossing a pile of dog doo onto the teacher's lunch!

He thought she was mean and he didn't like her. She always ate outside on a bench. He saw her, saw some doo, picked it up (I am assuming using a napkin?) ran up behind her and threw it into her food! (this is NOT a rumor, Bono himself as verified it in interviews, though I don't have a link available) From the stories I've heard, Bono was not a saintly child at all! :lol:

U2Kitten said:
Don't forget the story about Bono getting kicked out of school in Grade 5 for tossing a pile of dog doo onto the teacher's lunch!

He thought she was mean and he didn't like her. She always ate outside on a bench. He saw her, saw some doo, picked it up (I am assuming using a napkin?) ran up behind her and threw it into her food! (this is NOT a rumor, Bono himself as verified it in interviews, though I don't have a link available) From the stories I've heard, Bono was not a saintly child at all! :lol:

yea it's in the U2 By U2 scans thread somewhere :)

:lol: he sure sounds like an annoying little kid!

Antichrist

The Antichrist. LOL Hey that's what we called my daughter when she was little. The descriptions of Bono as a kid remind me of her, gifted, superintelligent, with absolutely her own view of the world and why the hell doesn't it work like she says it should.

Cute story here. I am a dog groomer. When she was five she came to work with me one day and was sitting with us in the grooming room having a serious conversation with Alan's (one of the groomers) boxer Rocky. I don't remember exactly what started the conversation with Alan except that she said that Rocky had told her something. Alan told her that Rocky couldn't have told her because he is just a dog and dogs can't talk. She launches into a long involved, practically metaphysical philosophical discussion with Alan about dogs communicating with people and about 20 minutes later Alan turns to me with a totally glazed expression on his face as he suddenly realises that he is talking to a 5 year old. He just blurts out "How do you live with this?". Answer, not easily my friend.

Clarissa seems to have an inate grasp of logic, however even things that are supposed to be logical in our world are often not, which offends her sensibilities tremendously. She is 23 now and thankfully turned out great. When she was 15 she and I were walking around Universal in Orlando and she was watching some bratty kids (she hates children) and she suddenly stopped me and said "Thank you for not killing me when I was that age". It was all worth it for that moment.

Dana

Oh and what about the story of how Bono was so annoying and made so much noise that sometimes his Dad would sit out in the car and dread coming inside after a long day at work because he just could not take the aggravation?

^ I kid you not, my father said he would to that same thing after work, but for different reasons. Not something I think a father should really tell his teenage kid :shame:

These stories are so funny! Even though my son is slowly driving me insane I wouldn't trade him for anything. The "argumentative" description from above had me laughing. If I told my son the sky was blue he'd tell me it isn't. I bet Ali has a few good stories from when he was a teenager. He better be really nice to her! :uhoh:

Back
Top Bottom