Bono Arrives In Africa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
01af6.jpg

01af5.jpg

***REQUEST!!!...Can someone pleeeeeeeeaaaaassssseeee amke avatars out of these pics...Bono's cute head would do...I just :heart: the hoodie!!!

Will be verrrrry greatful!!!!:hug:

I cant make anything cool on this comp...btw I went Laptop shopping today will have new comp hopfully by this weekend!!!

Nightsong said:

Nightsong said:

watching these pictures, and the feeling that comes from them, is literally bringing tears to my eyes.

they're just beautiful moments, it's like I can almost feel the happiness and love that was in that place. it's just amazing.
thank you SO much Nightsong for all the photos you posted. They are beautiful.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for posting the pictures and articles! :heart:

Hopefully Bono & Ali's trip will help to raise more awareness about what's going on in Africa right now. :up:

Nightsong said:
:heart: :heart:

Thank you so much everybody for the pictures and videos. The pictures of Bono and the children are so beautiful. :cute:
Bono and Ali look so happy to see the great impact their hard work is doing on so many people's lives.
I hope that with all publicity this is getting, other companies will follow the economic model of Edun.

And I think here http://joinred.blogspot.com/ we will be able to read all about Bono's visit

Thanks you for all the new pics! I'm in an internet cafe again, so I can't save anything :sad: it sucks.
Bono looking really good, and rather pleased with himself it seems :wink:

Thanks to everyone who has posted pics!!! :bow:

Seeing them makes me really happy and proud, but at the same time I can't help missing "my Africa" and all the amazing people that I left 3 weeks ago... :sigh:

Btw, don't know if you've seen it, but they've gotten themselves a blog - so check out the stories about the (RED)-teams travel in Africa:

(RED) blog

Very good idea for them to have a blog!!! :up:

Nightsong said:
Mark your calendars:
Tuesday, May 23rd, Bono will be on the NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams, live from Africa!
Brian Williams was on Late Night with Conan O'Brien tonight, and they talked about this. He'll be visiting three countries in three days with Bono. He said he's a U2 fan, but had never met Bono. He also said that he was picking up his dry cleaning, when his phone rang. He didn't recognize the number, so he didn't answer. Later when he checked his voice mail, he saw that it was Bono that called, and he felt like an idiot for not answering. But he said at least he has a voice mail from Bono now :lol:

thankyou said:

watching these pictures, and the feeling that comes from them, is literally bringing tears to my eyes.

they're just beautiful moments, it's like I can almost feel the happiness and love that was in that place. it's just amazing.
thank you SO much Nightsong for all the photos you posted. They are beautiful.

I agree completely, thank you - these pictures from Lesotho are truly special.

As someone who has come to know people from Lesotho over the last few years in my volunteer work, I know just a bit of the overwhelmingly Love and Friendship which Bono and Ali and everyone on this trip must be feeling - because I have felt it too.

As lovely and dignified as the People of Lesotho look, they are even more so in the way they treat you. Everyone is a neighbor and everyone is a friend.

There's much that we could all learn from the people of Lesotho.:hug:

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Brian Williams was on Late Night with Conan O'Brien tonight, and they talked about this. He'll be visiting three countries in three days with Bono. He said he's a U2 fan, but had never met Bono. He also said that he was picking up his dry cleaning, when his phone rang. He didn't recognize the number, so he didn't answer. Later when he checked his voice mail, he saw that it was Bono that called, and he felt like an idiot for not answering. But he said at least he has a voice mail from Bono now :lol:

I saw this too and said Bono has that great Irish brogue and will have to wait now to talk to him when he (Brian) gets to Africa.

I couldn't find the date after searching NBC.. then I realized - Pleba knows so I came here....

Thanks for the date Nightsong :up:
and to everyone for these great pic's (One4U2)

Last edited:
FYI for those in Australia - the second BBC report (the one with Bono and Ali walking round the factory) was shown on channel 10s 5pm news, so if you want to tape it you can catch the late 10 news on at 10:30pm - check state guides though.

Thanks muchly for all the wonderful photos everyone :)

OH! I just now saw the Conan spot! That was funny! I have to work when that report from Africa is going to be on, so hopefully hubby can record it for me. I hate to miss it live though! :( It should be really fantastic. The email from ONE says it will be the 1st time in history NBC will be doing something like this live from Africa. Wow!

Bono-The Missionary. These photos made me smile--the people look so proud & those school girls look like they don't ever want to let go of B's arm.

Merc said:

Any story to go with this pic Granny? Is he laying flowers at someones grave, or...? :)

NYAMATA, RWANDA: U2 singer, Bono, pays his respects to the victims of the Rwandan genocide 18 May 2006 at the Genocide Memorial Center in Nyamata, Rwanda. AFP PHOTO/JOSE CENDON

nikkyjade said:

I'm pretty interested in that new watch he has started wearing... wonder if it's a (RED) watch or just a normal red watch? :hmm:

u2granny said:
NYAMATA, RWANDA: U2 singer, Bono, pays his respects to the victims of the Rwandan genocide 18 May 2006 at the Genocide Memorial Center in Nyamata, Rwanda. AFP PHOTO/JOSE CENDON

He's already in Rwanda?! :huh: I thought he was still in Lesotho! :lol:

Well, thanks for the info! :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom