Bono and The Edge - exhibition in Dublin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Girl1978 said:

No kidding.

I'd really like to knock some sense into Bono and tell him the brown glasses look ugly on him. Ugh. :|

I miss the blues :sad:

01_179.jpg

aaahhh, its always great seeing the latest pics of Bono and Edge. There is such a big bond with these 2 which is fantastic.

Love the pic with Bono and his blue shades:cool:

Sunny8

hcbiggs2002 said:
^^Even better if he wore a Desi(RED) shirt! :drool:

Getting in the mood for St. Valentines day, which also just happens to be leather day!! :ohmy: :sexywink: :evil:

just watch martha stewart this morning. i happen to see on a preview that she was going to cover the Red product with Christie Turlington. everyone in the audience wore the red shirts and of course they talked about our fave guy.....bono. she used valentines day to advertise red products etc... it was pretty good.

love the pics of the guys at the exhibit! thankyou!!!!!!!

thankyou said:

just watch martha stewart this morning. i happen to see on a preview that she was going to cover the Red product with Christie Turlington. everyone in the audience wore the red shirts and of course they talked about our fave guy.....bono. she used valentines day to advertise red products etc... it was pretty good.

love the pics of the guys at the exhibit! thankyou!!!!!!!

Oh I'd love to, but we don't get that show here in Finland! :sigh:

Here's a small item in the latest issue of Hot Press about another Bono in Dublin sighting. Says the writer:

I paid a couple of visits to Town Bar and Grill recently. On one occasion, Bono was there - the U2 frontman proving a major incitement to people (well, okay, women) who gave up the fags years ago to take up the bad habit again in order to have a chat with him in the smoking area out front!

So the bad lad is obviously still smoking. (Idiot)

When we were with him in the balcony at the Kahala, he smoked cigars and I kept coughing and choking on his cigar smoke and he kept looking over at me! :lol:

We were (very!!) surprisingly calm and collected when he was there! It's only now that I keep going over the moment with Kafrun and wondering how we managed to stay so calm! :laugh:

U2FloridaFan said:

You're too funny:lol: :lol: :lol: It's just that Irish pink...for Valentine's Day maybe

In Bono's case it would be to match his Inspi(Red) shirt!

Seriously, it sounds like they've spent a nice long spell in Ireland, with obviously a few trips out of town for Bono of course. Anyone know what the weather's been like? They are welcome to our snow...

The smoking thing is something I will never understand about Bono. The man is so intelligent. I just wish he would be smart enough to quit this stupid habit. I suppose he has reduced his smoking, but he shouldn't do it at all. I know it's hard with all the stress and everything. His voice has been so great recently, I hope he does not put it in danger again, it would be such a shame if his voice gets worse again.
Apart from that, it's just cool to hear about Bono hanging out with people and have a talk. He's so accessible and communicative, I just love that about him.

I agree about the smoking but still, it is really really hard for some people to quit, even when they KNOW how bad it is. My dad's been battling it off and on his entire life. He knows how bad it is, he has huge reasons health wise that he should not be doing it, but yet, he cannot kick it. Even if it was not so hard for one person to quit, the experience can be completely different for another. :( Ultimately none of us can know what Bono's personal experience is, but it may not be so simple as just "why doesn't he just quit".

Last edited:
I know. It's hard, it's really hard. I smoke from time to time when I am having a drink or two, but then again, I am not a singer. It's just an annoying thought for me that he may damage his beautiful voice again, now that it has improved so much.

yea it is hard to quit, but if you WANT it enough, you can... and Bono seems like a strong person to me, and I think he could quit if he wanted to....
my father smoked from age 16 to age 51, quit last april abrubtly, and still hasn't touched a cig ever since! so it IS possible to quit!

I know that's true, my grandmother quit abruptly after a lifetime of smoking as well. However, it's different for everyone... my dad has tried every way from abruptly to gradually, etc, etc... I'm sure he and Bono know it's possible, but they just haven't been able to do it yet. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom