Bono and the AIDS Pandemic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Daisy - Do not be sorry for posting such fine information. I'm glad too that you started this thread as it really shows the great traits of our PLEBA friends.

Everyone who wants to join the Peace Corps or is already in it rock! The coolest and scariest thing I've ever done was with the NYC Peace Corps...going to Afganhistan and helping groups of women. *started promoting her job* Join! It's seriously the coolest thing ever. And you get such a feeling of teamwork. I loveth my job! *end promotion*
biggrin.gif

I'm totally in awe of this man, and of all the people who do sefless things like this. But when I see these kinds of things I feel so bad about myself... I'm not doing anything to help anyone...

Foadie you were in the Peace Corps? Cool! ((((HUGS)))) Nice!

I just had to report this because it's such good news I thought you'd want to know- I watched the CNN story I taped again, and I found out something that made me feel good-
THOSE BABIES IN THE PICS DO NOT have AIDS!! I thought they did, and I was sad thinking they wouldn't live long, but the story said the clinic was a prenatal clinic that specialized in treating pregnant women so that the disease doesn't spread to the baby! So the mothers are infected
frown.gif
but NOT those babies!
smile.gif
They said if more people would not be afraid to come for treatment they could do more, and of course they can do more with more financial help, and Bono is trying to show O'Neill the places were aid is working and that's one of them!!

Originally posted by *Ally*:
capt.1022260680.south_africa_oneill_bono_sow103.jpg

capt.1022256109.south_africa_o_neill_bono_sow101.jpg

Lunch with Bono! Cool! I can't believe Bono and O'Neill are eating out of styrofoam trays like regular folks LOL.

I'm so glad those babies were saved! What a great clinic, I hope they get all the help they need!

Pics of Bono with babies = extra cuddly
smile.gif

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

Back
Top Bottom