Bono and my mother

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mariana

The Fly
Hey everyone, this is a story that Bonocrazy wrote but couldn't figure out how to post it, because was on a pc file, i tried to explain to her.. but no answer lol, so I'm gonna post for her :)

The summer had just started and I was already bored staying at home all day by myself.
The second week of my summer vacation, I got a knock on my front door. I had slept late and was just coming out of the shower, with a towel wrapped around me. I looked out the window in the door, and I saw an army-green camouflage pattern on a bowed head. I didn?t think about it at all, and opened the door slightly and said, ?Yes, can I help you?? The man at the door looked up. His blue eyes caught mine and I gasped. It was Bono! I couldn?t speak, but he was already speaking.
?Hello, are you Jenny?? I just stood in the doorway. I didn?t hear him until the second time he spoke.
?Yeah?I mean, yes I am,? I mumbled and suddenly realized I was in a towel, soaking wet. ?Oh my God,? I said under my breath, and readjusted my towel. He smiled and my knees almost gave out. ?Would you like to come in?? I asked. Bono nodded and stepped into MY house! I motioned toward the living room and told him to make himself at home. I ran upstairs to put on some clothes, and a little makeup. I was shaking so much that I jabbed myself in the eye with my eyeliner.
Finally I made my way downstairs. I peeked at Bono, who was looking at a magazine. He scratched his leg and I almost laughed out loud. It was so funny seeing him act so normal, like he always made house calls. I entered the room and Bono stood like a gentleman. He kissed me once on each cheek. He smelled so good.
Not wanting to be rude I asked nonchalantly, ?So, why are you here?? Bono laughed. ?I was in Dublin and I got a call from your mother. She asked me if I wouldn?t mind coming here to see you.? He stopped. I nodded, waiting for more. He wouldn?t just come because someone asked him to, would he? I shook my head, ?So, why?d you come?? I didn?t quite understand.
Bono sat back on the couch. ?Your mom never told you, did she?? He asked, staring me straight in the eyes. My confused look answered the question and Bono continued. ?She was a?how do I say?? He stumbled for words. ?She was along for the Joshua Tree tour and?? He smiled conspiratorially.
I shook my head, ?No, you must have the wrong woman; my mother was never a roadie.? He was nodding his head all the time. I stared at him, incredulously. I couldn?t believe what I was hearing. ?Is that why you came?? I asked.
He nodded, ?That, and I didn?t have anything else to do, and I was going to New York anyway so?? His voice trailed off, but I wasn?t looking at him anymore. I was looking at a family picture on the wall above Bono?s head. I looked at my mother, in her ironed straight dress and neatly done hair. Suddenly I felt a certain realization some over me. My mom had a life before she had her life with me. Just like I had a life now, that my kids would never know about, she had one too.
I looked at Bono and raised my eyebrows. ?Wow,? I said. I hugged Bono and even kissed him on the lips (Wow), but he had to leave, so we took a few pictures and he left, just as quickly as he had come. I had always had dreams and visions of what my first meeting with Bono would be, but I had never imagined this scenario. I didn?t sleep with him, or do anything with him that I had always imagined, but I learned a lesson. I had met a gentleman and in a sense, met my mother as well.

Back
Top Bottom