Bono and muffins- the true story

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumn454

War Child
I know I have said this before, but I don't think everyone saw it because there is so much 'moofin' stuff around here. Okay once and for all, U2 and muffins do not mix. How do I know? I have a copy of Revolver magazine from last fall with this story:

Guy goes up to Bono's NYC apt. to interview him early in the morning. Bono has just moved in and there is little furniture. Bono and the guy are standing on the balcony, looking at the view of the city.

BONO: Okay you stay here and admire the view, I'll go for breakfast. What do you want?

GUY: How about some muffins?

BONO: What are muffins?

GUY: They're round, and people eat them for breakfast.

BONO: *looks perplexed, walks away*

BONO returns with- BAGELS!!!!

LMAO! He doesn't even know what muffins are! He must not know what bagels are either or he wouldn't have got them thinking they were muffins, poor Bono. Oh, the agony of being rich at such a young age you don't get to be an experienced shopper
redface.gif

He DID have to shop some as a teenager- his Dad would give him money to stop by and buy groceries after school and have dinner on the table by the time he and Norman got home from work. Bono was known to spend the money on cool stuff and feed his Dad and brother nothing but SMASH, instant Irish mashed potatoes, until one night Norman got fed up and had a fit and went after Bono!
eek.gif

So, what I mean to say is, muffins are not a U2 staple, they do not have them in their shopping baskets, they do not eat them, they do not know what they are. I just thought this was hilarious and ironic considering the emphasis that has been placed on 'moofins' in this forum!
biggrin.gif

Of course, we could always introduce the boys to them in our own way!
wink.gif

------------------
~Burned by the fire of love~

MOOOOOOOOOOOFINS!!!!! YES!!!!!

I read that on EYKIW a while back-- and LMAO!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I tried telling it to my friends but KEPT LAUGHING. It was great.

BONO: I'm such a loost moofin.

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~Bono

"I...I had a one night stand with the Discoteque video" ~Mona

The Man Corral

[This message has been edited by WildHonee (edited 02-12-2002).]

Heheheh..
biggrin.gif

I dare someone to take a sign to a U2 concert that says,"LARRY HAS A BIGGER MOOFIN THAN ADAM" with a taped-on printed out photo of the moofin photo.
wink.gif

------------------
"Very strange looking object you have at the end of your stick.." - Bono

"Bono looks too intense for me." - Rollercoaster Tycoon park guest

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

Originally posted by elevatedmole:
Heheheh..
biggrin.gif

I dare someone to take a sign to a U2 concert that says,"LARRY HAS A BIGGER MOOFIN THAN ADAM" with a taped-on printed out photo of the moofin photo.
wink.gif

ROFL!!!!!!!

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

The Man Corral

Heheheh..
biggrin.gif

wink.gif

ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!

ADAM IS THE KING!!!!

OF MOOFINS AND ANYTHING ELSE!!!!

wink.gif

Originally posted by elizabeth:
ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!

ADAM IS THE KING!!!!

OF MOOFINS AND ANYTHING ELSE!!!!

wink.gif

ah.....may I suggest....his castle?
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

The Man Corral

Originally posted by WildHonee:
ah.....may I suggest....his castle?
biggrin.gif

Well, that too
wink.gif

------------------
And love is not the easy thing...the only baggage you can bring is all that you can't leave behind.

BONO: FOAD, Lawrence. Just FOAD. (LOL, Mona)

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Ahhhh...Bono is a "true" New Yawkah if he skips the mooofins and goes for the bagels! Next he'll be hitting the local deli for a pastrami on rye, oh whatta guy!

And Mona, I LOVE THIS GIF!!!
biggrin.gif

ani_bono.gif

Originally posted by Discoteque:
Ahhhh...Bono is a "true" New Yawkah if he skips the mooofins and goes for the bagels! Next he'll be hitting the local deli for a pastrami on rye, oh whatta guy!

And Mona, I LOVE THIS GIF!!!
biggrin.gif

ani_bono.gif

Yes well I stole it from someone who posted it many moons ago....*YOINK*

I love this story. What a cutie pie!!

Maybe the Irish don't eat Moooooofins, and Bono thought that Moooooofin was the American Word for Bagel's!

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

This story always brings a smile to my face. Next time U2 goes on tour, I say we send baskets of Moooofins to their hotel and the venue.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

im in love with a 39 year old married man who i call the muffin man
smile.gif

but yeah that story is cute, if i got asked to bring home bagels id bring muffins, i dont know what all this strange food looks like, strange bread
biggrin.gif

------------------
"was she askin for it,was she askin nice ,if she was askin for it,did she ask you twice"

Originally posted by Giant Lemon:
That's pretty funny! Poor Bono and his lack of muffin knowledge. Are muffins and bagels not popular in Ireland?

Actually, check out the Vanity Fair thread.. they have a pic in there with Bono with fish and bagels. (Bagels and lox?)

------------------
"Very strange looking object you have at the end of your stick.." - Bono

"Bono looks too intense for me." - Rollercoaster Tycoon park guest

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

[This message has been edited by elevatedmole (edited 02-13-2002).]

Actually, check out the Vanity Fair thread.. they have a pic in there with Bono with fish and bagels. (Bagels and lox?)

Good point! And embarrassingly enough, I'm the one who started that Vanity Fair thread.
redface.gif
Oops!

Back
Top Bottom